|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stands in the way of Hornblower marrying the love of his life?
(a) His honor.
(b) His possible execution and he is already married.
(d) His desire to be retired first.
2. What does the Spanish warden demand?
(a) That Hornblower and Bush not be transported until after Christmas.
(b) That Hornblower be executed in Rosas.
(c) That Hornblower, as a gentleman, be allowed a personal attendant on the voyage.
(d) That Hornblower be allowed an appeal trial in Rosas.
3. How old is Brown?
4. How does Hornblower visualize his wife?
(a) He tries not to think of her.
(b) As a widow in mourning.
(c) As finally able to become involved with her childhood love.
(d) As happy to be free of him.
5. Why do Hornblower and Brown have to drag the boat free?
(a) It snags on an underwater log.
(b) It is caught in a small water whirlpool.
(c) It is caught in thick weeds.
(d) It grounds in shallow water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hornblower try to save Bush from execution?
2. Who is Lady Barbara Leighton?
3. What happens when Hornblower withdraws the final ligature from Bush's stump?
4. How is Bush injured?
5. Where is Captain Horatio Hornblower languishing?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)