|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower observe about Marie's build?
(a) She is slender like a young woman.
(b) She has a very fetching figure.
(c) She is quite heavy.
(d) She is stout.
2. Who will the men pose as?
(a) English captives.
(b) Dutch soldiers.
(c) Italian nobles.
(d) French soldiers.
3. Where do the men spend their first night in France?
4. What does the doctor tell Caillard?
(a) Bush can travel in a day.
(b) Bush's recovery is at a critical stage.
(c) They should just leave Bush there as he is about to die anyway.
(d) Bush can travel immediately.
5. How old is Brown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer by the Count does Hornblower decline?
2. What is the name of the ship Hornblower loses?
3. Who shares the interviewer's lack of concern for the welfare of those under his supervision?
4. How is Admiral Leighton's victory made possible?
5. What worries Hornblower about their eventual arrival home?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)