|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is disgraceful about the French behavior after the English strike their colors?
(a) The French put Hornblower and the other officers in the dungeon.
(b) The French whip Hornblower in front of his and their men.
(c) The French robbed the English.
(d) The French kill any seriously wounded Englishmen.
2. Why does the Colonel decide to go ahead with the transport of Bush and Hornblower despite Bush's injuries?
(a) They have a physician to travel with them.
(b) They want to execute him on Bastille Day.
(c) Bush is scheduled for execution so if he dies on the journey, it does not matter.
(d) The Colonel thinks traveling is no worse as languishing in a prison.
3. In what way does Hornblower answer the Count?
(d) The Count does not question Hornblower that evening.
4. What does Hornblower announce as he knocks on the door?
(a) That he is a French general.
(b) That he is an English diplomat.
(c) That he is a French spy.
(d) That he is a prisoner of war.
5. What does the kitchen make?
(a) Fancy breads and pastries.
(b) Dried fruits and jerky.
(c) Fifty pounds of ship's biscuits.
(d) Cordon Bleu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Hornblower be shot immediately if caught?
2. How is Bush injured?
3. What is frightening that the men encounter?
4. When they are about 178 miles from Paris, what happens?
5. As a final act of compassion, what does the Spanish warden give Hornblower?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)