Chapters 1 and 2
1. Where is Captain Horatio Hornblower languishing?
(a) In a Spanish prison.
(b) In Tahiti.
(c) In a French prison.
(d) In a Dutch prison.
2. What is the name of the ship Hornblower loses?
3. What is the year?
4. What rank are Bush and Brown?
(a) First and second mate.
(b) A First Lieutenant and Coxswain.
(c) First mate and Steward.
(d) Both midshipmen.
5. What can Hornblower see from his daily walks?
(a) England across the sound.
(b) The ruined and dismasted wreck of his ship.
(c) The execution of some spies.
(d) His men being put to work as laborers.
6. What is the casualty count for Hornblower's crew?
(a) All but five of her crew survive with no serious wounds.
(b) All but five of her crew die in the battle.
(c) About one third of her crew are killed or wounded.
(d) Two thirds of her crew are killed or wounded.
7. How many French vessels does Hornblower destroy or incapacitate?
This section contains 4,903 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)