|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Frederick Tennyson born?
2. The author writes that Flush "was the sole aristocrat among a crowd of" what, in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
3. What did Miss Barrett begin calling herself in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
(a) Mrs. Elizabeth.
(b) Mrs. Righi.
(c) Mrs. Jameson.
(d) Mrs. Browning.
4. What did Mrs. Browning say Flush went out and did the with other dogs every day in Pisa in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
(a) Chased cats.
(b) Went swimming.
(c) Scavenged for food.
(d) Spoke Italian.
5. If Elizabeth Barrett didn't pay the ransom for Flush, she would have received a brown parcel containing _________.
(a) Flush's fur and eyes.
(b) His collar.
(c) A list of further demands.
(d) Flush's head and paws.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Brownings took Flush where, "all the splendours of its woods had merely bored him" in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
2. Who did Elizabeth Barrett Browning discover had died when she returned to Rome in 1860?
3. When was Mrs. Dalloway published?
4. When Mr. Browning sheared Flush, what did the dog look like?
5. The gang leader had demanded how many guineas for the Society and half a guinea for himself in exchange for Flush?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Flush's reaction when he was introduced to the Brownings' new baby in Chapter Five?
2. What did Miss Barrett discover about the ransom in Chapter Four? What did she threaten to do?
3. What did Flush do after being awoken suddenly in Chapter Six?
4. How did Mrs. Browning begin to transform in Chapter Six?
5. Describe Flush's return to Miss Barrett. What did he do upon entering her room?
6. Who entered and exited the room where Flush was contained?
7. What did Flush come to realize about the dogs of Italy?
8. Where did Flush go when he couldn't take Mrs. Barrett's strange behavior anymore? What did he do?
9. What did Flush discover about freedom upon moving to Florence?
10. What changes did Miss Barrett undergo in Italy?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)