|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Browning sheared Flush, what did the dog look like?
(a) A duck.
(b) A lion.
(c) A fox.
(d) A rat.
2. One day on a walk with Mr. Browning, Flush was outraged to hear a neighbor whisper what word in his presence?
3. The faces of the men that Elizabeth Barrett saw in the ghetto were inspiration for what later work?
(a) The Seraphim, and Other Poems.
(b) Poems Before Congress.
(c) Aurora Leigh.
(d) Casa Guidi Windows
4. Flush seemed to understand that it was the policy of the railroad that dogs had to ride __________.
(a) With their owner.
(b) In the caboose.
(c) With the conductor.
(d) In boxes.
5. What was the name of the dog thief who stole Flush and held him for ransom?
(a) Mr. Taylor.
(b) Mr. Horne.
(c) Mr. Boyd.
(d) Lord Stanley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the giant cockatoo repeatedly say in the place where Flush was taken after being stolen?
2. Where is Elizabeth Barrett Browning buried?
3. What was the profession of the man whom Lily Wilson fell in love with in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
4. To Flush all scenery was what, according to the author in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
5. What kind of dog who had been whining all night beside Flush on the floor was hauled off by a ruffian in a moleskin vest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Flush's return to Miss Barrett. What did he do upon entering her room?
2. How had Miss Barrett changed when Flush returned from his kidnapping?
3. Where did Miss Barrett go to by cab in Chapter Four? Whom did she see there?
4. How are Mr. Thomas Beames's impressions of Whitecastle described in Chapter Four?
5. How did tables interact with people?
6. What were Flush's first impressions of Italy on his walk with Wilson?
7. What did Flush discover about freedom upon moving to Florence?
8. What did Flush come to realize about the dogs of Italy?
9. Where was Flush taken in Chapter Four? How were his surroundings described?
10. What did Miss Barrett have to do in order to get Flush back in Chapter Four? What would happen if she refused?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)