|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent word that in his opinion it would be "an awful sin" to pay the ransom?
(a) Mr. Taylor.
(b) Mr. Beames.
(c) Mr. Kenyon.
(d) Mr. Boyd.
2. According to Elizabeth's reasoning, about what price would the dog thief ask for a Cocker Spaniel?
(a) 5 pounds.
(b) 10 pounds.
(c) 20 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
3. Mr. Browning wrote that if Miss Barrett gave way to Taylor, she was giving way to _________.
4. The gang leader had demanded how many guineas for the Society and half a guinea for himself in exchange for Flush?
5. With whom had Elizabeth Barrett gone shopping when Flush was stolen?
(a) Miss Wilson.
(b) Mrs. Jameson.
(c) Mary Graham Clarke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came into the Barrett home and called Mr. Taylor "a swindler, and a liar and a thief" in Chapter 4: "Whitechapel"?
2. The faces of the men that Elizabeth Barrett saw in the ghetto were inspiration for what later work?
3. According to the author in Chapter 5: "Italy," Miss Wilson still had the conscience to walk out of a picture gallery "struck back by the indecency of" what?
4. What was Elizabeth Barrett Browning's last work, which was published posthumously?
5. When did Elizabeth Barrett Browning die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes did Miss Barrett undergo in Italy?
2. How had Flush changed in the beginning of Chapter Six: "The End"?
3. How did tables interact with people?
4. What did Flush discover about freedom upon moving to Florence?
5. How are Mr. Thomas Beames's impressions of Whitecastle described in Chapter Four?
6. What was Flush's reaction when he was introduced to the Brownings' new baby in Chapter Five?
7. What did Miss Barrett tell Mr. Browning about Flush's kidnapping?
8. Describe Flush's death. What was Mrs. Browning doing when Flush passed away?
9. What did Flush come to realize about the dogs of Italy?
10. Who entered and exited the room where Flush was contained?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)