|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Browning say Flush went out and did the with other dogs every day in Pisa in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
(a) Scavenged for food.
(b) Went swimming.
(c) Chased cats.
(d) Spoke Italian.
2. The author writes that Flush "was the sole aristocrat among a crowd of" what, in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
3. What year was it when Flush was stolen?
4. In the spring of 1847 the Brownings and Flush moved where?
5. After Flush was stolen, he was thrown into ____________ with other stolen dogs.
(a) A cellar.
(b) An outhouse.
(c) A barn.
(d) A garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Flush dream of saying "Bad dog! Bad dog!"
2. When did Frederick Tennyson die?
3. What was the name of the dog thief who stole Flush and held him for ransom?
4. Miss Barrett perched herself upon a stone in the middle of ____________.
5. Flush seemed to understand that it was the policy of the railroad that dogs had to ride __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Flush's return to Miss Barrett. What did he do upon entering her room?
2. What did Flush do after being awoken suddenly in Chapter Six?
3. How did Flush react when Miss Barrett went into the fountain in Chapter Five?
4. What were Flush's first impressions of Italy on his walk with Wilson?
5. When Mrs. Browning went into labor, how was the atmosphere of the house perceived by Flush?
6. What was the explanation for the commotion that awoke Flush in Chapter Six?
7. Where did Miss Barrett go to by cab in Chapter Four? Whom did she see there?
8. How did tables interact with people?
9. Describe Flush's death. What was Mrs. Browning doing when Flush passed away?
10. What genre is the book Flush: A Biography? How does the author use the unique narrative to express her own thoughts?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)