|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made the biggest impression on Flush when he was taken to Elizabeth Barrett's home in Chapter One: "Three Mile Cross"?
(a) The smells.
(b) The furniture.
(c) The sights.
(d) The sounds.
2. Who would walk her dogs, along with Flush, in the fields when he was a puppy?
(a) Miss Mitford.
(c) Edward Barrett.
(d) Miss Wilson.
3. What did Miss Barrett mistakenly think of Flush as when he looked in the mirror in Chapter 2?
(a) A child.
(b) A prince.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A philosopher.
4. Flush was in a shop on _________________ when he was stolen in Chapter Three.
(a) Oxford Street.
(b) Tottenham Court Road.
(c) Vere Street.
(d) Wimpole Street.
5. How many brothers did Miss Barrett have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Flush's first owner was offered quite a nice sum for Flush from whom?
2. From what did Flush drink his water, noting that it was deserving of his high rank?
3. What was Elizabeth Barrett's address when Flush was taken to her in Chapter One: "Three Mile Cross"?
4. What was the date when Mr. Browning first visited Miss Barrett?
5. What was the date when Flush first decided to oust Mr. Browning by biting him on the leg?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Carhaginians involved in one story about the origin of the word "Spaniels"?
2. What story relating the origins of the word "Spaniel" discusses the Basque people?
3. How was the park described in Chapter Two: "The Back Bedroom"? What did Flush conclude about the park?
4. What was Flush's life like on the farm in Chapter One: "Three Mile Cross"?
5. How did Miss Barrett begin to transform as Mr. Browning continued his visits? How did Flush feel about the change?
6. What was Flush's first experience like at the Barrett home in Chapter One: "Three Mile Cross"?
7. How did Flush feel about his master's writing and sadness?
8. What impressed Flush the most about the Barrett home in Chapter One: "Three Mile Cross"?
9. What happened when Flush first bit Mr. Browning?
10. How did the Spaniel breed evolve in England, as described in Chapter One: "Three Mile Cross"? What characteristics do Spaniels share?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)