|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Frederick Tennyson born?
2. When was Between the Acts published?
3. Who walked about London and observed everything from the poorest to the poshest neighborhoods?
(a) Sir Edward Bulwer-Lytton.
(b) George Clayton Tennyson.
(c) Dr. Pusey.
(d) Mr. Thomas Beames.
4. After Flush was stolen, he was thrown into ____________ with other stolen dogs.
(a) A garage.
(b) A barn.
(c) A cellar.
(d) An outhouse.
5. Where did Miss Barrett tell the cab driver to take her and Miss Wilson?
(a) Manning Street, Shoreditch.
(b) Oxford Street, London.
(c) Vere Street, London.
(d) Oxford Street, Shoreditch.
6. According to Elizabeth's reasoning, about what price would the dog thief ask for a Cocker Spaniel?
(a) 20 pounds.
(b) 10 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 5 pounds.
7. What had Elizabeth Barrett forgotten to take with her the day that Flush was stolen?
(a) His collar.
(b) His food.
(c) His medicine.
(d) His chain.
8. Who came into the Barrett home and called Mr. Taylor "a swindler, and a liar and a thief" in Chapter 4: "Whitechapel"?
(d) Dr. Mitford.
9. Whom did Flush dream of saying "Bad dog! Bad dog!"
(b) Miss Wilson.
(c) Miss Mitford.
(d) Miss Blagden.
10. The author writes in Chapter Six: "The End," that early in the nineteenth century the Countess of where had bought a crystal ball from a magician?
11. When did Barnard Gregory die?
12. When was Virginia Woolf born?
13. Who suggested to Sir Edward Lytton that a committee should be appointed by the government to get the facts?
(a) George Clayton Tennyson.
(b) Mr. Landor.
(c) Signor Righi.
(d) Lord Stanley.
14. Mr. Browning wrote that if Miss Barrett gave way to Taylor, she was giving way to _________.
15. What kind of dog who had been whining all night beside Flush on the floor was hauled off by a ruffian in a moleskin vest?
(b) Jack Russel Terrier.
(c) Red Setter.
(d) Saint Bernard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Browning say Flush went out and did the with other dogs every day in Pisa in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
2. With whom had Elizabeth Barrett gone shopping when Flush was stolen?
3. Virginia Woolf was a part of what group of writers, intellectuals, philosophers and artists?
4. The author writes in Chapter Six: "The End," that the shade of Florence was hotter than the sun of ___________.
5. What was the name of Virginia Woolf's father?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)