|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Elizabeth Barrett Browning move after Florence?
2. Whom did Flush dream of saying "Bad dog! Bad dog!"
(a) Miss Blagden.
(b) Miss Mitford.
(d) Miss Wilson.
3. When Mr. Browning sheared Flush, what did the dog look like?
(a) A duck.
(b) A lion.
(c) A fox.
(d) A rat.
4. Chapter 5: "Italy" begins in the middle of what month?
5. What phrase did Flush hear Elizabeth Barrett Browning say fifty times a day in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
(a) "My word."
(b) "Heaven help us."
(c) "Robert, my husband."
(d) "Goodness gracious."
6. Where did Miss Barrett tell the cab driver to take her and Miss Wilson?
(a) Vere Street, London.
(b) Oxford Street, Shoreditch.
(c) Oxford Street, London.
(d) Manning Street, Shoreditch.
7. Mrs. Browning wrote of Flush in "Chapter 5: "Italy," "... it was in the world of ____ that Flush mostly lived."
8. The author writes that Flush "was the sole aristocrat among a crowd of" what, in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
9. What disease was rampant in London?
(d) Bubonic plague.
10. The author describes Mrs. Taylor as being ""fat enough to have had an easy _____________."
11. The author writes in Chapter 5: "Italy," that "there was a flowering branch of _____ on the dinner-table instead of one denuded, sour, yellow fruit."
12. What brother of Elizabeth's went to see the dog thief the afternoon after Flush was stolen?
13. Each time the door opened while Flush was held in captivity by thieves, he looked up hoping to see Miss Barrett; but, it was always some horrid humans bringing in _________________.
(b) Awful food.
(c) More stolen dogs.
(d) Water dishes.
14. Who told Elizabeth that if she would return to her room in good humor, he would go to Taylor's himself and pay the money and bring back the dog?
15. When was Virginia Woolf's Orlando published?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 5: "Italy," Miss Wilson still had the conscience to walk out of a picture gallery "struck back by the indecency of" what?
2. By what year was Lord Stanhope in possession of a crystal ball?
3. Who did Elizabeth Barrett Browning discover had died when she returned to Rome in 1860?
4. When was Poems Before Congress written?
5. Lily Wilson fell passionately in love with whom in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)