|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sent word that in his opinion it would be "an awful sin" to pay the ransom?
(a) Mr. Taylor.
(b) Mr. Boyd.
(c) Mr. Kenyon.
(d) Mr. Beames.
2. What disease was rampant in London?
(c) Bubonic plague.
3. In the summer, what was Flush beset by that made him edgy and despondent?
4. Who did Elizabeth Barrett Browning discover had died when she returned to Rome in 1860?
5. What was Robert Wiedeman Barrett Browning known as?
(a) Scribble Browning.
(b) Pen Browning.
(c) Bob Browning.
(d) Thesaurus Browning.
6. Who told Elizabeth that if she would return to her room in good humor, he would go to Taylor's himself and pay the money and bring back the dog?
7. Where did Elizabeth Barrett Browning move after Florence?
8. What was the fifth day of Flush's imprisonment in Chapter 4: "Whitechapel"?
9. When did Barnard Gregory die?
10. What was the name of the house where the Brownings lived in Florence?
(a) Casa Grande.
(b) Casa Guidi.
(c) Three Mile Cross.
(d) Villa Romeo.
11. What was the profession of the man whom Lily Wilson fell in love with in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
(a) Ship Captain.
(d) Royal bodyguard.
12. What was the name of Virginia Woolf's mother?
(a) Valerie Michelle Stephen.
(b) Julia Prinsep Stephen.
(c) Rebecca Marie Stephen.
(d) Mary Elizabeth Stephen.
13. What did Miss Barrett begin calling herself in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
(a) Mrs. Jameson.
(b) Mrs. Righi.
(c) Mrs. Elizabeth.
(d) Mrs. Browning.
14. The author writes in Chapter 5: "Italy," that "there was a flowering branch of _____ on the dinner-table instead of one denuded, sour, yellow fruit."
15. What did Mrs. Browning say Flush went out and did the with other dogs every day in Pisa in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
(a) Chased cats.
(b) Went swimming.
(c) Scavenged for food.
(d) Spoke Italian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lily Wilson fell passionately in love with whom in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
2. The author writes in Chapter 5: "Italy," "There was an element, it must be admitted, of the" what in Flush?
3. What year was it when Flush was stolen?
4. Mr. Browning wrote that if Miss Barrett gave way to Taylor, she was giving way to _________.
5. Miss Barrett perched herself upon a stone in the middle of ____________.
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)