|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Whitechapel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group insured that only those dogs with the desirable traits were bred?
(a) A Kennel Club.
(b) A Spaniel Club.
(c) A Judges Club.
(d) A Scientific Club.
2. If Elizabeth Barrett didn't pay the ransom for Flush, she would have received a brown parcel containing _________.
(a) A list of further demands.
(b) His collar.
(c) Flush's fur and eyes.
(d) Flush's head and paws.
3. Miss Browning wrote that Flush was of what school?
4. In Chapter Three: "The Hooded Man," Flush considered his situation and thought, "Hatred is not hatred; hatred is also ______________."
5. According to the author, who landed in Spain and reportedly shouted, "Span! Span!"?
(a) The Mongols.
(b) The Carthaginians.
(c) The Vikings.
(d) The Irish.
Short Answer Questions
1. The gang leader had demanded how many guineas for the Society and half a guinea for himself in exchange for Flush?
2. What is an alcoholic herbal preparation containing approximately 10% powdered opium by weight?
3. How many bowls of water did Flush lap down upon returning to Elizabeth's room after his kidnapping?
4. What was the date when Mr. Browning first visited Miss Barrett?
5. The author describes Mrs. Taylor as being ""fat enough to have had an easy _____________."
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)