|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: Whitechapel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As centuries passed, the Spaniel evolved into how many different branches?
2. The gang leader had demanded how many guineas for the Society and half a guinea for himself in exchange for Flush?
3. Some insisted that the breed of dog be called Spaniel because it was ____________.
(a) A pet name.
(b) The name of a Biblical king.
(c) Derived from the Greek for "boy."
(d) The Latin word for "cattle."
4. Of what did Flush ask, "Were these not the signals of freedom?"
(a) Trees and grass.
(b) Air and water.
(c) Rainbows and sunsets.
(d) Birds and frogs.
5. Who was lying on the sofa by Elizabeth Barrett when Flush was finally summoned from the kitchen after biting Mr. Browning?
(a) Miss Mitford.
(b) Miss Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word, meaning not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect, did Flash consider Mr. Barrett to be in Chapter Three: "The Hooded Man"?
2. What was Elizabeth Barrett's address when Flush was taken to her in Chapter One: "Three Mile Cross"?
3. It was January in what year that Miss Barrett received a letter unlike others?
4. What was Elizabeth Barrett's father's name?
5. What did Mr. Browning accuse Barnard Gregory of stealing in Chapter 4: "Whitechapel"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)