|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three: The Hooded Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miss Barrett tell Flush after Mr. Browning left on the day that Flush first bit him?
(a) She was marrying Mr. Browning.
(b) She would send him back.
(c) She loved him.
(d) She would never love him again.
2. What did Miss Barrett mistakenly think of Flush as when he looked in the mirror in Chapter 2?
(a) A prince.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A child.
(d) A philosopher.
3. What figure of speech is represented by "... just as a river, though it reflects still trees and grazing cows and rooks returning to the tree-tops, moves inevitably to a waterfall, so those days, Flush knew, were moving to catastrophe"?
4. Who was lying on the sofa by Elizabeth Barrett when Flush was finally summoned from the kitchen after biting Mr. Browning?
(b) Miss Mitford.
(c) Miss Wilson.
5. In a letter in Chapter Three, Miss Barrett wrote, "You are Paracelsus, and I am _____________."
(a) "An invalid."
(b) "A poet."
(c) "A recluse."
(d) "Your muse."
Short Answer Questions
1. Elizabeth Barrett Browning was one of the foremost poets of what era?
2. As centuries passed, the Spaniel evolved into how many different branches?
3. The author states that, ironically, there is no __________ to stop humans with undesirable traits from breeding.
4. Miss Barrett wrote that Flush loved her more than ___________.
5. Flush concluded that "Where there are flower beds there are _____________."
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)