|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Italy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to a twill fabric constructed of a silk or rayon warp and worsted filling, often dyed black for mourning wear?
2. Elizabeth Barrett had one sister who died when Elizabeth was how old?
3. Flush discovered that the dogs of London were strictly divided into ____________.
(a) Smart and dumb.
(b) Different sizes.
(c) Different sexes.
(d) Different classes.
4. On what date was Flush stolen?
(a) April 9.
(b) March 14.
(c) September 1.
(d) June 23.
5. Miss Barrett walked on her own feet as far as the gate to _______ with her sister.
(a) Devonshire Place.
(b) Regent's Park.
(c) Three Mile Cross.
(d) Marylebone Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the spring of 1847 the Brownings and Flush moved where?
2. The Brownings and Flush took a carriage ride that "went on and on and on, painfully climbing the heights of" what, in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
3. What was Miss Mitford's full name?
4. What day of the week was it when Mr. Browning first visited Miss Barrett in Chapter Three?
5. Who is described as a lady with "a very light complexion -- pale, lucid, eyes; thin colorless lips . . . a nose and chin projective without breadth"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)