|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Italy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In describing the change that Elizabeth underwent in Chapter 5: "Italy," the author writes that when she "was tired she did not hail another cab; she sat on a stone and watched" what?
(a) The setting sun.
(b) The birds.
(c) The lizards.
(d) The clouds.
2. After Flush was bitten by the Cuban Bloodhound, Miss Barrett remarked that Flush was no __________.
3. Who traveled on the train with Elizabeth and Flush in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
(a) Mary Graham Clarke.
(b) Miss Isa Blagden.
(c) Miss Wilson.
(d) Miss Mitford.
4. Upon Flush's first inspection of the dogs in Italy, he wondered if what had no jurisdiction in Italy?
(a) The Kennel Club.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) The Royal Navy.
5. Flush discovered that the dogs of London were strictly divided into ____________.
(a) Smart and dumb.
(b) Different sizes.
(c) Different classes.
(d) Different sexes.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 5: "Italy," Miss Wilson still had the conscience to walk out of a picture gallery "struck back by the indecency of" what?
2. What did Miss Barrett begin calling herself in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
3. What phrase did Flush hear Elizabeth Barrett Browning say fifty times a day in Chapter 5: "Italy"?
4. What word, meaning not quick or alert in perception, feeling, or intellect, did Flash consider Mr. Barrett to be in Chapter Three: "The Hooded Man"?
5. In the spring of 1847 the Brownings and Flush moved where?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)