|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, when Noah and Abbey visit Shelly, what is Shelly wearing?
2. In Chapter 14, what type of job does Bull have?
3. At the end of Chapter 13, where do Noah and his family go fishing?
4. In Chapter 15, what time does Dusty's casino open?
5. What does Noah catch when he goes fishing with Grandpa Bobby in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how does Paine let Donna know he is home, and how does she react?
2. what does Grandpa Bobby give Noah and Abbey before he leaves and why?
3. In Chapter 12, what type of fishing guide does Noah say that his dad was?
4. Who rescues Abbey and Noah in Chapter 13 when they are attacked by Bull and Jasper?
5. In Chapter 11, when Donna tells Dusty they are looking for Abbey, what reason does Noah give for Abbey being out so late?
6. In Chapter 18, what does Donna think of the mess from the Coral Queen?
7. In Chapter 10, what does Noah do when he is hurting from the injuries inflicted by Jasper?
8. In Chapter 8, where does Donna go grocery shopping and why?
9. In Chapter 15, what are some superstitions that Noah mentions?
10. In Chapter 12, what is a tuna tower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Donna often said that Dusty would get what was coming to him. Why did it seem that Dusty was getting away with polluting the basin, and how does he finally get what he deserves?
Essay Topic 2
Paine and Jasper are sometimes characterized as troublemakers. How are they both troublemakers, and are the actions of either Paine or Jasper excusable?
Essay Topic 3
Grandpa Bobby disappeared for ten years. Why did Grandpa Bobby not contact his family for that period of time, and how did his knowledge of Paine’s character contribute to his lack of communication?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)