|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, how much waste does Noah think the Coral Queen holds?
2. What is the name of the company where Paine gets a job in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 9, what television station does Paine say wants to talk with him?
4. In Chapter 11, where does Dusty say that he and Paine used to fish together?
5. In Chapter 10, what time does Shelly say that she saw the tanks being dumped in the water from the Coral Queen the night before?
Short Essay Questions
1. what does Grandpa Bobby give Noah and Abbey before he leaves and why?
2. How did Paine escape from jail in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 17, why does Grandpa Bobby say that he disappeared?
4. What does Shelly say about the money that Dusty makes from the casino?
5. In Chapter 9, how does the sheriff feel about Paine's escape from jail?
6. In Chapter 11, when Donna tells Dusty they are looking for Abbey, what reason does Noah give for Abbey being out so late?
7. In Chapter 12, what is a tuna tower?
8. In Chapter 14, what are the terms of the settlement between Paine and Dusty?
9. How does Noah describe Rado's dog in Chapter 15?
10. In Chapter 10, under what circumstances did the judge release Paine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Noah is bullied by Jasper. Why does Noah not tell his parents about the bullying, and how does he finally find a way to stop the bullying?
Essay Topic 2
Noah sometimes struggles to understand his father and the things his father does. What does Noah learn about his father, and how does that knowledge help him understand his father and his motives?
Essay Topic 3
Noah is the protagonist in the novel. Is there more than one antagonist? How do the antagonist(s) cause challenges for Noah, and how does he overcome those challenges?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)