|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, how many years does Paine get to pay for the damages to the Coral Queen?
2. In Chapter 11, where does Dusty say that he and Paine used to fish together?
3. In Chapter 16, what time is it when Noah and Abbey are caught in a thunderstorm and Noah checks his watch?
4. When Shelly comes to the Underwood house in Chapter 10, what does she have to drink?
5. In Chapter 14, how much waste does Noah think the Coral Queen holds?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 9, how does the sheriff feel about Paine's escape from jail?
2. In Chapter 8, where does Donna go grocery shopping and why?
3. In Chapter 18, how did Shelly keep Billy Babcock from going into work?
4. In Chapter 12, what is a tuna tower?
5. In Chapter 17 why does Grandpa Bobby say that he did not write or call to let Paine know he was alive?
6. In Chapter 10, under what circumstances did the judge release Paine?
7. In Chapter 16, what happens when Luno points a gun at Noah and Abbey when they are on the dinghy?
8. In Chapter 10, what does Noah do when he is hurting from the injuries inflicted by Jasper?
9. In Chapter 15, what are some superstitions that Noah mentions?
10. What does Shelly say about the money that Dusty makes from the casino?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Donna tells Noah that “being married to my father is like having another child to watch after, one who’s too big and unpredictable to put in time-out” (20). In what way is Paine like a child, and how do the events in the novel help him to become more responsible?
Essay Topic 2
Paine punches several doors when he learns Dusty’s sentence for polluting the bay. How does the way he loses his temper in that instance reflect a more mature handling of his anger, and how does losing his temper that time actually benefit him?
Essay Topic 3
Noah is bullied by Jasper. Why does Noah not tell his parents about the bullying, and how does he finally find a way to stop the bullying?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)