|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, how long does Paine say that Abbey and Noah are grounded?
2. In Chapter 19, how much money is found when the Underwoods take a metal detector to the sand bar where all the drunk tourists hang out?
3. In Chapter 16, what does Noah crash in to as he is escaping and trying to find Abbey?
4. In Chapter 9, where does Paine say he hid for a few hours after his escape?
5. When Shelly comes to the Underwood house in Chapter 10, what does she have to drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what are some things the Underwoods do when Grandpa Bobby spends a week with them?
2. In Chapter 12, what is a tuna tower?
3. In Chapter 16, what is the first thing that Noah remembers doing after hitting the water?
4. In Chapter 16, what happens when Luno points a gun at Noah and Abbey when they are on the dinghy?
5. In Chapter 12, what type of fishing guide does Noah say that his dad was?
6. What does Shelly say about the money that Dusty makes from the casino?
7. In Chapter 10, under what circumstances did the judge release Paine?
8. In Chapter 11, when Donna tells Dusty they are looking for Abbey, what reason does Noah give for Abbey being out so late?
9. In Chapter 9, how does the sheriff feel about Paine's escape from jail?
10. In Chapter 18, how did Shelly keep Billy Babcock from going into work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Noah’s father says “fighting is for people who can’t win with their brains” (38). What is meant by that phrase and what does that phrase reveal about Paine and Noah?
Essay Topic 2
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 3
Noah sometimes struggles to understand his father and the things his father does. What does Noah learn about his father, and how does that knowledge help him understand his father and his motives?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)