|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, how many holding cells are in the jail where Noah's father is being held?
2. In Chapter 7, where do Donna's parents live?
3. How long had Noah's father been working as a driver in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 3, how many men does Noah think that Dusty had working on the Coral Queen?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Noah say that Dusty Muleman used to do for a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does Paine say about Shelly's relationship with Dusty?
2. In Chapter 2, why is Noah glad that it is summertime?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Noah tell Lice Peeking he has to do in order to get the boat?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Noah remember about a homeless person who was under the drawbridge at Snake Creek?
5. Where do Paine's siblings live and why do they have nicer living quarters?
6. In Chapter 6, how are things different at the jail when Noah goes to visit his dad?
7. In Chapter 4, what does Noah say happened with his dad and the Carmichael family?
8. What does Noah discover when he sneaks out to the marina in Chapter 7?
9. How does Noah describe Jasper Muleman Jr.?
10. What did Donna do after high school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Noah is bullied by Jasper. Why does Noah not tell his parents about the bullying, and how does he finally find a way to stop the bullying?
Essay Topic 2
Paine stands up for the things that he believes in. What are some causes that Paine stands for and how does standing up for these causes affect his life for good and for bad?
Essay Topic 3
Noah is the protagonist in the novel. Is there more than one antagonist? How do the antagonist(s) cause challenges for Noah, and how does he overcome those challenges?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)