|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is it when Noah visits his father in jail?
2. Who calls late in Chapter 7 after Donna watches Paine's television interview?
3. What color bathing suit top is Shelly wearing when Noah talks to her in Chapter 6?
4. At the end of Chapter 5, what does Noah see when he looks at Abbey?
5. Where do Paine's sister and brother live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Donna's parents do for a living when they lived in Florida?
2. What does Noah know about his Grandpa Bobby's death?
3. Where was Noah born?
4. What happens when Jasper and Bull find Noah fishing in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 3, what does Noah say about the weather in the summer?
6. In Chapter 3, why does Shelly say that the world is so messed up?
7. How did Noah's parents meet?
8. In Chapter 2, why is Noah glad that it is summertime?
9. What does Noah discover when he sneaks out to the marina in Chapter 7?
10. How does Noah describe Jasper Muleman Jr.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Noah sometimes struggles to understand his father and the things his father does. What does Noah learn about his father, and how does that knowledge help him understand his father and his motives?
Essay Topic 2
Noah’s father says “fighting is for people who can’t win with their brains” (38). What is meant by that phrase and what does that phrase reveal about Paine and Noah?
Essay Topic 3
Noah is the protagonist in the novel. Is there more than one antagonist? How do the antagonist(s) cause challenges for Noah, and how does he overcome those challenges?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)