|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who does the reporter mention that Paine caught using a gill net?
(a) Derek Mays.
(b) Wyatt Philips.
(c) Edward Trent.
(d) Frank Yewman.
2. What does Noah compare the deputy to who stands next to the door that leds to the jail cells?
(c) A teacher he had.
(d) His grandfather.
3. Where is Noah's dad sitting when he sees him in Chapter 1?
(a) Overstuffed chair.
(b) Metal table.
(c) Old wooden desk.
(d) Folding chair.
4. In Chapter 7, how does Abbey pretend to get hurt?
(a) Falling out of a tree.
(b) Falling off her bed.
(c) Burning her hand on a hot pan.
(d) Slipping in the bathtub.
5. What does Noah have for breakfast in Chapter 6?
(b) Cereal and milk.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, when does Noah say that his dad paid off the loan on the boat?
2. Where do Paine's sister and brother live?
3. In Chapter 5, what time do Abbey and Noah sneak out of the house on their bicycles?
4. In Chapter 7 when Noah sneaks down to the Coral Queen, where is the bald guy who grabbed Abbey sitting?
5. In Chapter 7, how many of Donna's friends videotape Paine's television interview?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Shelly say about Lice's disappearance?
2. Where was Noah born?
3. In Chapter 3, what does Paine say about Shelly's relationship with Dusty?
4. What did Donna do after high school?
5. Why did Donna's parents move to Canada?
6. What nasty habit did Abbey have when she was a baby?
7. How did Noah's parents meet?
8. Where do Paine's siblings live and why do they have nicer living quarters?
9. How does Noah describe Jasper Muleman Jr.?
10. In Chapter 4, what does Noah say happened with his dad and the Carmichael family?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)