|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie do to spoil the evening when he tells Alice that he likes her?
2. What does Nemur telll Charlie not to read about until Nemur says he is ready?
3. What happens after the woman that confronts Charlie screams in response to what he does to her?
4. What does Burt give Charlie on the plane to dictate his progress reports?
5. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
Essay Topic 1
How do Charlie and Alice change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 2
Fear and courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
Essay Topic 3
Love and intimacy are two themes that are very present in this plot. Where do these themes appear, and why do you think the author chose these places to present these integral ideas?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)