|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Charlie's sister denied the promised reward for her A on the history test?
2. Why does Charlie's mom slap him when he holds the baby?
3. How does Charlie pretend to be a student at the college once his IQ hits 100?
4. What does Charlie think Nemur sees him as instead of a human being?
5. Why is Charlie not allowed to fix the errors in his earlier entries in the Progress Report?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie do at the bakery when his IQ reaches 100 that earns him a raise?
2. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
3. Why did Norma's father refuse to let her have the dog she was promised if she did well on her history test?
4. What did Charlie want to have happen as he ran away from the angry mob in the park after a woman came on to him?
5. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
6. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
7. Why is Charlie fired from his job at the bakery?
8. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
9. What realization does Charlie make while reading The Great Gatsby?
10. What does Professor Nemur say at the conference in Chicago that upsets Charlie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear and courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
Essay Topic 2
Charlie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Charlie learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Dreams are a very important and symbolic part of this story-line. What are some of these dreams, and why are they so significant to the course of the plot?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)