|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie pretend to be a student at the college once his IQ hits 100?
2. What does Charlie do when Nemur asks him to speak to the audience at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
3. What does Charlie wish he could see more clearly in his past memories?
4. What did Charlie give Harriet on Valentines Day when he was younger?
5. Who observes Algernon in his old maze when Charlie returns him to the lab?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prank do the guys at the bakery try to play on Charlie on April Fool's Day?
2. What does Charlie say that intelligence without affection will lead to when he is at the cocktail party with Nemur?
3. Why is Alice so hesitant to be in a relationship with Charlie even though she cares for him?
4. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
5. How does Fanny think Charlie came about his intelligence?
6. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
7. What does Charlie do at the bakery when his IQ reaches 100 that earns him a raise?
8. Why is Charlie fired from his job at the bakery?
9. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
10. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Charlie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Charlie learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy is an emotion that rears its ugly head a number of times in this book. Which characters evokes this emotion, and how do they respond to their jealous tendencies? How do these instances affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of science is vitally important in this plot. Where does this theme appear, and how is the plot altered because of it?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)