|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie want to do before he begins his research?
2. Who denies Charlie's sister the promised reward for the A on her History test?
3. What does Charlie do to fit in and look smart once his IQ reaches 100 even though he knows it is silly?
4. Where will Charlie be sent if the procedure does cause him to regress?
5. Which of the following is NOT a word which Charlie uses to describe a stage of his relationship with Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Professor Nemur most upset about when Charlie returns to the lab after living in his own apartment?
2. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
3. What did Charlie want to have happen as he ran away from the angry mob in the park after a woman came on to him?
4. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
5. Why did Norma's father refuse to let her have the dog she was promised if she did well on her history test?
6. Why is Charlie fired from his job at the bakery?
7. What happens in his apartment that shows Charlie that Algernon needs to be taken back to the lab?
8. What causes Charlie to believe that everything he has been taught might be false?
9. What area of expertise does Charlie showcase before the conference in Chicago begins?
10. Why is Alice so hesitant to be in a relationship with Charlie even though she cares for him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Daniel Keyes have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Competition and fair-play is a major theme that is found in many different scenes of this book. What are some of those scenes, and what affect do they have on the course of the plot?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)