|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie find Algernon at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
2. What does Charlie's sister once almost get as a reward for an A on a test?
3. How high is Charlie's IQ when he remembers the story about his sister and the History test?
4. What did Gimpy once give Charlie after trying to teach him to make rolls?
5. How does Professor Nemur respond to Charlie's return to the lab after his time in his own apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
2. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
3. What realization does Charlie make while reading The Great Gatsby?
4. What is Professor Nemur most upset about when Charlie returns to the lab after living in his own apartment?
5. What does Charlie say that intelligence without affection will lead to when he is at the cocktail party with Nemur?
6. Why did Charlie allow himself to soil himself when he was younger?
7. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
8. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
9. What area of expertise does Charlie showcase before the conference in Chicago begins?
10. What is Alice really upset about when she sees Charlie at the college where she teaches retarded adults?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Jealousy is an emotion that rears its ugly head a number of times in this book. Which characters evokes this emotion, and how do they respond to their jealous tendencies? How do these instances affect the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Dreams are a very important and symbolic part of this story-line. What are some of these dreams, and why are they so significant to the course of the plot?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)