|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burt give Charlie on the plane to dictate his progress reports?
2. Where did Norma think his brother was before she was contacted about the surgery?
3. What is Charlie's mother's name?
4. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
5. What does Charlie do that angers Alice when he picks her up from the Beekman college one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in his apartment that shows Charlie that Algernon needs to be taken back to the lab?
2. What did Charlie want to have happen as he ran away from the angry mob in the park after a woman came on to him?
3. What mistake does Charlie realize Nemur has made during the conference in Chicago?
4. Why did Charlie allow himself to soil himself when he was younger?
5. What happens when Algernon is put back into his original maze when he and Charlie return to the lab?
6. What is Alice really upset about when she sees Charlie at the college where she teaches retarded adults?
7. What realization does Charlie make while reading The Great Gatsby?
8. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
9. What happens when Charlie goes to see his father in the barbershop?
10. What area of expertise does Charlie showcase before the conference in Chicago begins?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Patience is a theme exhibited by a few of the main characters in this book. Who are those characters, and what are some of the best examples of the patience they show? How does this affect their place in this plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times in a number of forms by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book? What are the differences in the forms fear took in this book?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)