|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
2. What does Charlie realize about his childhood while he is at the party with Ellen?
3. Where does Charlie go when he leaves the conference?
4. Where did Norma think his brother was before she was contacted about the surgery?
5. Who observes Algernon in his old maze when Charlie returns him to the lab?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Daniel Keyes have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
Professor Nemur is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Nemur had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)