|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Kinnian say about Charlie as a pupil?
2. What is the only thing Charlie can see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
3. What is Nemur's reply to Charlie's question to him just before the surgery?
4. Who does not want Charlie to be used in the experiment?
5. What is on the fifth floor of the building where Burt works?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Professor Nemur most upset about when Charlie returns to the lab after living in his own apartment?
2. What did Charlie want to have happen as he ran away from the angry mob in the park after a woman came on to him?
3. What does Charlie ask Lucille that causes her to get embarrassed and run out of the room?
4. What happens when Charlie goes to see his father in the barbershop?
5. What kind of school does Charlie attend at the beginning of the book?
6. How does Charlie feel about Burt after he takes the Rorschach test?
7. Why is Charlie so afraid he failed his Rorschach test?
8. Why is Charlie unable to be physically intimate with Alice?
9. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
10. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
Essay Topic 1
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them the true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
How do Charlie and Alice change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)