|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Charlie's friends from the bakery?
2. Where is Charlie's sister found by the doctors?
3. Who does Charlie want to talk to first when he gets smart after his surgery?
4. How long has Charlie worked at the bakery?
5. How does Mr. Donner know Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie say he does not like writing in his Progress Report on the third day?
2. Who does Professor Nemur say he will be able to help if the procedure works well on Charlie?
3. What is a Rorschach test?
4. What happens to Charlie when he goes the wrong way in his maze on the fourth day of the experiment?
5. What does Charlie say he will not be any more once he becomes smart?
6. Why does Ms. Kinnian say that Charlie is her best student at the college?
7. Why is Charlie so afraid he failed his Rorschach test?
8. What good luck charm does Charlie keep with him always to help him be brave?
9. What does Burt have Charlie try and do on the fourth day of the experiment?
10. What worries Charlie when he comes back to the bakery after his surgery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The importance and influence of family relations is a very strong theme present in this book. What are some of the instances of this theme, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 2
Charlie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Charlie learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Love and intimacy are two themes that are very present in this plot. Where do these themes appear, and why do you think the author chose these places to present these integral ideas?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)