|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charlie's doctors think a rapid growth in IQ will make Charlie do?
2. What did the test that Charlie took on the second day of the experiment involve?
3. Who told Charlie to work hard at school?
4. How long has Charlie worked at the bakery?
5. Where does Charlie have lunch with Burt after he is released from the hospital after his surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What used to happen to Charlie when he told lies?
2. How does Charlie think his parents will respond to him if he shows them he has become smart?
3. What does Burt tell Charlie to do over and over during the Rorschach test?
4. Who does Professor Nemur say he will be able to help if the procedure works well on Charlie?
5. What kind of school does Charlie attend at the beginning of the book?
6. What good luck charm does Charlie keep with him always to help him be brave?
7. Why is Professor Nemur so hesitant to perform the surgery on Charlie?
8. What does Charlie ask Lucille that causes her to get embarrassed and run out of the room?
9. What is Charlie most excited about having after the surgery is over?
10. Why does Charlie not know where his mother and sister are at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of diversity and acceptance is heard loud and clear in this book. What are some examples of this theme, and how does this idea affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Daniel Keyes have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Jealousy is an emotion that rears its ugly head a number of times in this book. Which characters evokes this emotion, and how do they respond to their jealous tendencies? How do these instances affect the plot of the book?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)