|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Charlie's nurse after his surgery?
2. How does Charlie feel about the doctor who gave him the test on his second day of the experiment?
3. What does Charlie think the doctor who gave him the test on the second day of the experiment looks like?
4. How do the doctors say they will be able to keep track of what is going on in Charlie's head after the surgery?
5. What is Charlie's IQ level at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about the writing style of the first chapter of this book?
2. Why does Charlie not know where his mother and sister are at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Hilda say to Charlie that gets her transferred from his care after the surgery?
4. What used to happen to Charlie when he told lies?
5. Why does Ms. Kinnian say that Charlie is her best student at the college?
6. Why is Charlie disappointed just after his surgery?
7. How does Charlie think his parents will respond to him if he shows them he has become smart?
8. How does Charlie feel about Burt after he takes the Rorschach test?
9. What kind of experiment is Charlie a part of at the beginning of this book?
10. What kind of school does Charlie attend at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Charlie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Charlie learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Patience is a theme exhibited by a few of the main characters in this book. Who are those characters, and what are some of the best examples of the patience they show? How does this affect their place in this plot?
Essay Topic 3
Competition and fair-play is a major theme that is found in many different scenes of this book. What are some of those scenes, and what affect do they have on the course of the plot?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)