|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do his friends from the bakery bring Charlie just before his surgery?
2. What were Charlie's bandages after his surgery covering?
3. How do the doctors say they will be able to keep track of what is going on in Charlie's head after the surgery?
4. Who does Charlie say hollers at him at work in the third entry in the Progress Report?
5. What is Nemur's reply to Charlie's question to him just before the surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who gave the doctors permission to include Charlie in their surgical experiment to raise his IQ?
2. What does Burt have Charlie try and do on the fourth day of the experiment?
3. Why is Charlie disappointed just after his surgery?
4. What does Burt tell Charlie to do over and over during the Rorschach test?
5. What happens to Charlie when he goes the wrong way in his maze on the fourth day of the experiment?
6. What kind of experiment is Charlie a part of at the beginning of this book?
7. What good luck charm does Charlie keep with him always to help him be brave?
8. Why does Charlie start to feel sorry for Algernon after hating him for so long?
9. What is a Rorschach test?
10. What trait does Burt say that Algernon and Charlie both share?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times in a number of forms by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book? What are the differences in the forms fear took in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Fear and courage are two themes that seem to appear in tandem many times in this book. What are some of these instances, and why do they always appear together?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)