|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie supposed to do for a test on the fourth day of the experiment?
2. How old is Charlie at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Ms. Kinnian say about Charlie as a pupil?
4. What does Burt say Charlie has a lot of that most people of his IQ do not?
5. What do Charlie's doctors think a rapid growth in IQ will make Charlie do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlie think his parents will respond to him if he shows them he has become smart?
2. What good luck charm does Charlie keep with him always to help him be brave?
3. What trait does Burt say that Algernon and Charlie both share?
4. What happens to Charlie when he goes the wrong way in his maze on the fourth day of the experiment?
5. Why is Charlie disappointed just after his surgery?
6. What does Burt have Charlie try and do on the fourth day of the experiment?
7. Who does Professor Nemur say he will be able to help if the procedure works well on Charlie?
8. What does Burt tell Charlie to do over and over during the Rorschach test?
9. Why does Ms. Kinnian say that Charlie is her best student at the college?
10. Who gave the doctors permission to include Charlie in their surgical experiment to raise his IQ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leadership is a very prominent theme in this book. Who are some of the main leaders in this book, and what makes them the true leaders? Is there more than one protagonist?
Essay Topic 2
The importance and influence of family relations is a very strong theme present in this book. What are some of the instances of this theme, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Charlie said that intelligence and affection must be together in order for joy to exist. Which characters best display this idea, and how does this mantra manifest itself in the plot?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)