|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Charlie so tired at work since this experiment began?
2. How do the doctors say they will be able to keep track of what is going on in Charlie's head after the surgery?
3. What is the date of the first Progress Report entry?
4. What is the name of the animal that has undergone the same experiment Charlie is now a part of?
5. What does Burt give Charlie to do on the fourth day of the experiment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Rorschach test?
2. Why does Charlie not know where his mother and sister are at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Burt have Charlie try and do on the fourth day of the experiment?
4. What kind of experiment is Charlie a part of at the beginning of this book?
5. Why is Professor Nemur so hesitant to perform the surgery on Charlie?
6. Why does Charlie say he is so tired at work since starting this experiment?
7. What trait does Burt say that Algernon and Charlie both share?
8. What is Charlie supposed to write about in his progress report?
9. Why does Ms. Kinnian say that Charlie is her best student at the college?
10. What worries Charlie when he comes back to the bakery after his surgery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Charlie and Alice change through the course of the book, and what causes these changes? Who undergoes the most emotional growth?
Essay Topic 2
Charlie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Charlie learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)