|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the doctors tell Charlie about the results of the Rorschach test the day afterward?
2. What is a possible complication of the surgery Charlie is about to undergo to raise his IQ?
3. Who is Charlie's sister living with when she is found by the doctors?
4. What is the name of the animal that has undergone the same experiment Charlie is now a part of?
5. Who told Charlie to work hard at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What area of expertise does Charlie showcase before the conference in Chicago begins?
2. What realization does Charlie make while reading The Great Gatsby?
3. What prank do the guys at the bakery try to play on Charlie on April Fool's Day?
4. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
5. What is the first memory that Charlie has after having the learning TV put in his room at night?
6. Why does Charlie choose to move into the Warren Home and Training Center instead of living in his own apartment like before?
7. Why is Professor Nemur so hesitant to perform the surgery on Charlie?
8. What used to happen to Charlie when he told lies?
9. Why did Charlie allow himself to soil himself when he was younger?
10. What worries Charlie when he comes back to the bakery after his surgery?
Essay Topic 1
Professor Nemur is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does he accomplish this? What are some ways that his presence, however brief, alters the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Nemur had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Love and intimacy are two themes that are very present in this plot. Where do these themes appear, and why do you think the author chose these places to present these integral ideas?
Essay Topic 3
The theme of diversity and acceptance is heard loud and clear in this book. What are some examples of this theme, and how does this idea affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,307 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)