|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not want Charlie to be used in the experiment?
2. What does Charlie vow to do after having a talk with Dr. Strauss after his surgery?
3. What has Charlie learned already that is impressive to Dr. Strauss on the fifth day of the experiment?
4. Who are the only patients of this experiment before Charlie?
5. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Professor Nemur say he will be able to help if the procedure works well on Charlie?
2. What does Charlie ask Lucille that causes her to get embarrassed and run out of the room?
3. What kind of school does Charlie attend at the beginning of the book?
4. What is unique about the writing style of the first chapter of this book?
5. What kind of experiment is Charlie a part of at the beginning of this book?
6. What does Burt have Charlie try and do on the fourth day of the experiment?
7. How does Charlie feel about Burt after he takes the Rorschach test?
8. What is Charlie supposed to write about in his progress report?
9. Why does Charlie not know where his mother and sister are at the beginning of the book?
10. Why do Charlie's friends at the bakery think that Charlie is in the hospital because he is sick?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Charlie endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does Charlie learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
The importance and influence of family relations is a very strong theme present in this book. What are some of the instances of this theme, and which characters are most affected by the presence of this theme?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)