|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fay do while Charlie is away at the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) Finds a new boyfriend.
(b) Paints a picture of herself and Charlie.
(c) Becomes good friends with Alice.
(d) Searches for Charlie.
2. What did Charlie give Harriet on Valentines Day when he was younger?
(a) A poem.
(b) A picture frame.
(c) A locket.
(d) A cake.
3. What does Charlie catch Gimpy doing at the bakery?
(a) Stealing money.
(b) Overcharging the customers.
(c) Making smaller loafs.
(d) Taking home old bread.
4. Where is Charlie when a random woman offers to go home with him?
(a) Central Park.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The college.
(d) A restaurant.
5. What does Charlie wish he could see more clearly in his past memories?
(a) His own body.
(b) His house.
(c) His parent's faces.
(d) His surroundings.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Charlie was younger, who pushed to keep Charlie in the normal public school system?
2. Where does Charlie spend most of his time once he reaches the peak of his intellectual abilities?
3. How high is Charlie's IQ when he remembers the story about his sister and the History test?
4. Who denies Charlie's sister the promised reward for the A on her History test?
5. What is Fay's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie say that intelligence without affection will lead to when he is at the cocktail party with Nemur?
2. What prank do the guys at the bakery try to play on Charlie on April Fool's Day?
3. What realization does Charlie make while reading The Great Gatsby?
4. What is Alice really upset about when she sees Charlie at the college where she teaches retarded adults?
5. Why is Charlie unable to be physically intimate with Alice?
6. Why did Charlie allow himself to soil himself when he was younger?
7. What mistake does Charlie realize Nemur has made during the conference in Chicago?
8. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
9. What happens when Algernon is put back into his original maze when he and Charlie return to the lab?
10. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)