|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Alice and Fay feel about each other when they meet one night at Charlie's apartment?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They are annoyed by the other's presence.
(c) They pretend not to see each other.
(d) They like each other.
2. Where does Charlie spend most of his time once he reaches the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) In the lab.
(b) At the college.
(c) Outside in nature.
(d) With Alice.
3. Where did Norma think his brother was before she was contacted about the surgery?
(b) With her uncle.
(d) An institution.
4. Who does Charlie think about while he is with Fay in his new apartment?
(d) His mother.
5. Why is Charlie not allowed to fix the errors in his earlier entries in the Progress Report?
(a) They don't want it to upset him.
(b) It would disrupt the process.
(c) They want to see his progress.
(d) They need a record of the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Charlie first realize that women's bodies are different than men's?
2. What does Charlie do that causes the random woman who confronts him to scream?
3. What does Charlie's sister once almost get as a reward for an A on a test?
4. What kind of a joke do Charlie's friends at the bakery play on him?
5. What does Burt give Charlie on the plane to dictate his progress reports?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlie so understanding about the hostile attitude that his friends at the bakery have towards him as his intelligence is raised?
2. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
3. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
4. Why did Norma's father refuse to let her have the dog she was promised if she did well on her history test?
5. What does Charlie do at the bakery when his IQ reaches 100 that earns him a raise?
6. What prank do the guys at the bakery try to play on Charlie on April Fool's Day?
7. What does Professor Nemur say at the conference in Chicago that upsets Charlie?
8. Why is Alice so hesitant to be in a relationship with Charlie even though she cares for him?
9. Why did Charlie allow himself to soil himself when he was younger?
10. What causes Charlie to believe that everything he has been taught might be false?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)