|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new position is Charlie given at the bakery after a prank is played on him by his co-workers.
(a) Schedule Manager.
(b) Publicity Specialist.
(c) Dough Mixer.
(d) Delivery Supervisor.
2. What was Charlie's father's occupation?
(b) Selling barbershop supplies.
3. How many people are housed at the Warren State Home and Training School?
4. Why is Charlie's sister denied the promised reward for her A on the history test?
(a) She will not share the prize.
(b) She is too haughty about her success.
(c) She fails a spelling test on the same day.
(d) She is caught cheating.
5. How does Professor Nemur respond to Charlie's return to the lab after his time in his own apartment?
(a) He is angry, but satisfied.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) His is immensely relieved.
(d) He is cold and severe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
2. What does Charlie think of his sister when she is first brought home from the hospital?
3. What is Fay's occupation?
4. When Charlie was younger, who pushed to keep Charlie in the normal public school system?
5. What does Charlie do to fit in and look smart once his IQ reaches 100 even though he knows it is silly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Professor Nemur most upset about when Charlie returns to the lab after living in his own apartment?
2. Why is Charlie fired from his job at the bakery?
3. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
4. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
5. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
6. How does Fanny think Charlie came about his intelligence?
7. What happens when Algernon is put back into his original maze when he and Charlie return to the lab?
8. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
9. Why is Charlie so understanding about the hostile attitude that his friends at the bakery have towards him as his intelligence is raised?
10. Why is Alice so hesitant to be in a relationship with Charlie even though she cares for him?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)