|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Charlie give Harriet on Valentines Day when he was younger?
(a) A cake.
(b) A poem.
(c) A locket.
(d) A picture frame.
2. What does Charlie do after his promotion that earns him a raise at the bakery?
(a) Creates a new recipe for bread.
(b) Finds a new wholesaler to get supplies at half the regular cost.
(c) Rearranges the machines to speed up production.
(d) Puts out some good publicity and doubles the customer traffic.
3. After he tells Alice he likes her, what does Charlie have a nightmare about?
(a) Alice with a knife.
(b) Alice covered in blood.
(c) Alice with another man.
(d) Alice laughing at him.
4. What did Gimpy once give Charlie after trying to teach him to make rolls?
(a) A shiny good-luck piece.
(b) A dollar.
(c) An empty notebook.
(d) A hot roll out of the oven.
5. What kind of a joke do Charlie's friends at the bakery play on him?
(a) They give him the wrong work schedule.
(b) They take him to a bar and get him drunk.
(c) They tell him to make extra deliveries on his route.
(d) They tell him to use the dough mixer.
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
2. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
3. Why does Charlie hesitate to turn Gimpy in when he catches him doing something wrong at the bakery?
4. What does Charlie wish he could see more clearly in his past memories?
5. How does Professor Nemur respond to Charlie's return to the lab after his time in his own apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alice really upset about when she sees Charlie at the college where she teaches retarded adults?
2. How does Fanny think Charlie came about his intelligence?
3. What area of expertise does Charlie showcase before the conference in Chicago begins?
4. Why is Charlie unable to be physically intimate with Alice?
5. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
6. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
7. Why is Charlie so understanding about the hostile attitude that his friends at the bakery have towards him as his intelligence is raised?
8. What is Professor Nemur most upset about when Charlie returns to the lab after living in his own apartment?
9. Why did Charlie allow himself to soil himself when he was younger?
10. Why did Norma's father refuse to let her have the dog she was promised if she did well on her history test?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)