|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name that Charlie hears his doctors calling each other during a fight?
2. What is Charlie's favorite kind of book to read when his IQ reaches 100?
(a) Classic novels.
3. What does Charlie's sister once almost get as a reward for an A on a test?
(a) A cake.
(b) A dress.
(c) A bike.
(d) A dog.
4. Where did Norma think his brother was before she was contacted about the surgery?
(a) An institution.
(d) With her uncle.
5. What does Charlie do after his promotion that earns him a raise at the bakery?
(a) Puts out some good publicity and doubles the customer traffic.
(b) Creates a new recipe for bread.
(c) Finds a new wholesaler to get supplies at half the regular cost.
(d) Rearranges the machines to speed up production.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlie give Harriet on Valentines Day when he was younger?
2. Where does Charlie spend most of his time once he reaches the peak of his intellectual abilities?
3. What is Fay's occupation?
4. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
5. What does Charlie learn about Algernon at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlie unable to be physically intimate with Alice?
2. What area of expertise does Charlie showcase before the conference in Chicago begins?
3. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
4. Why did Norma's father refuse to let her have the dog she was promised if she did well on her history test?
5. What happens in his apartment that shows Charlie that Algernon needs to be taken back to the lab?
6. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
7. What did Charlie want to have happen as he ran away from the angry mob in the park after a woman came on to him?
8. How does Fanny think Charlie came about his intelligence?
9. What does Charlie say that intelligence without affection will lead to when he is at the cocktail party with Nemur?
10. What causes Charlie to believe that everything he has been taught might be false?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)