|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie wish he could see more clearly in his past memories?
(a) His parent's faces.
(b) His house.
(c) His surroundings.
(d) His own body.
2. What does Burt give Charlie on the plane to dictate his progress reports?
(a) A tape recorder.
(b) A type-writer.
(c) A leather bound book.
(d) A computer.
3. What is Algernon doing when Charlie finds him at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Sleeping peacefully.
(b) Running the maze backwards with his eyes closed.
(c) Bashing himself against the wall.
(d) Staring in the mirror.
4. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
(a) The place where you can be free to be yourself.
(b) The place where dreams come true.
(c) The place where all former beliefs are challenged.
(d) The place to learn how to really live.
5. What does Charlie do during his free time at the college when his IQ reaches 100?
(a) Talks with the students.
(b) Watches the sporting events.
(c) Eats at the cafeteria.
(d) Listens to the student's conversations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Charlie be sent if the procedure does cause him to regress?
2. Where does Charlie go when he leaves the conference?
3. Why does Charlie's mom slap him when he holds the baby?
4. What does Charlie learn about Algernon at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
5. Who has paid for his life of comfort should Charlie regress to where he was before the procedure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie do at the bakery when his IQ reaches 100 that earns him a raise?
2. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
3. What realization does Charlie make while reading The Great Gatsby?
4. What happens when Algernon is put back into his original maze when he and Charlie return to the lab?
5. What area of expertise does Charlie showcase before the conference in Chicago begins?
6. What happens in his apartment that shows Charlie that Algernon needs to be taken back to the lab?
7. What does Charlie say that intelligence without affection will lead to when he is at the cocktail party with Nemur?
8. How does Fanny think Charlie came about his intelligence?
9. What causes Charlie to believe that everything he has been taught might be false?
10. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)