|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie find Algernon at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) The maze.
(b) The ladies restroom.
(c) His pocket.
(d) His cage.
2. What does Charlie realize about his childhood while he is at the party with Ellen?
(a) Kids would play tricks on him when they played hide and seek.
(b) Kids would steal his lunch and laugh at him.
(c) Kids were cruel to him when they tripped him at recess.
(d) Kids would make fun of the way he talked when he thought they were his friends.
3. What are the two categories of patients at the Warren State Home and Training School?
(a) Lucid and Unconscious.
(b) Tidy and Untidy.
(c) Pleasant and Unpleasant.
(d) Active and Inactive.
4. How do Alice and Fay feel about each other when they meet one night at Charlie's apartment?
(a) They are annoyed by the other's presence.
(b) They pretend not to see each other.
(c) They like each other.
(d) They hate each other.
5. Who denies Charlie's sister the promised reward for the A on her History test?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charlie's friends from the bakery make him do with Ellen at a party?
2. What does Charlie do that angers Alice when he picks her up from the Beekman college one day?
3. What does Charlie do that causes the random woman who confronts him to scream?
4. What is Algernon doing when Charlie finds him at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
5. Where will Charlie be sent if the procedure does cause him to regress?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
2. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
3. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
4. What happens when Algernon is put back into his original maze when he and Charlie return to the lab?
5. How does Fanny think Charlie came about his intelligence?
6. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
7. What realization does Charlie make while reading The Great Gatsby?
8. Why did Charlie allow himself to soil himself when he was younger?
9. What is Alice really upset about when she sees Charlie at the college where she teaches retarded adults?
10. What mistake does Charlie realize Nemur has made during the conference in Chicago?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)