|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alice feel when she goes home after talking with Charlie when his IQ has surpassed her own?
(a) That she pushed him too hard.
(b) That he is being tortured.
(c) Like she is getting dumber.
(d) That it is unnatural.
2. What is Charlie's father's occupation when he finds him after moving into his own apartment?
3. How does Fanny Biden think Charlie has become so smart all of the sudden?
(a) He made a deal with the devil.
(b) He took some drugs.
(c) He prayed really hard.
(d) He was only pretending to be retarded before.
4. After he tells Alice he likes her, what does Charlie have a nightmare about?
(a) Alice covered in blood.
(b) Alice with another man.
(c) Alice with a knife.
(d) Alice laughing at him.
5. What does the random woman say to Charlie that causes him to think she is disgusting?
(a) She has an STD.
(b) She is a virgin.
(c) She is 17.
(d) She is 5 months pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nemur compare Charlie's curiosity about his future to?
2. What is Charlie's mother's name?
3. What did Gimpy once give Charlie after trying to teach him to make rolls?
4. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
5. How high is Charlie's IQ when he remembers the story about his sister and the History test?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Charlie to believe that everything he has been taught might be false?
2. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
3. What prank do the guys at the bakery try to play on Charlie on April Fool's Day?
4. Why is Charlie fired from his job at the bakery?
5. What mistake does Charlie realize Nemur has made during the conference in Chicago?
6. Why is Alice so hesitant to be in a relationship with Charlie even though she cares for him?
7. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
8. How does Fanny think Charlie came about his intelligence?
9. Why did Norma's father refuse to let her have the dog she was promised if she did well on her history test?
10. What happens when Algernon is put back into his original maze when he and Charlie return to the lab?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)