|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
(a) Seeing the low rate of growth in his abilities.
(b) Seeing his low pay for his work at the bakery.
(c) Reading about the treatment Charlie receives from the people at the bakery.
(d) Reading the reviews given him by his therapist.
2. What does the random woman say to Charlie that causes him to think she is disgusting?
(a) She is a virgin.
(b) She is 17.
(c) She is 5 months pregnant.
(d) She has an STD.
3. What new position is Charlie given at the bakery after a prank is played on him by his co-workers.
(a) Delivery Supervisor.
(b) Publicity Specialist.
(c) Schedule Manager.
(d) Dough Mixer.
4. What does Charlie learn about Algernon at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) His actions have become erratic.
(b) He is listless and bored.
(c) He is now the smartest mammal in creation.
(d) He is displaying a regression in intelligence.
5. When does Charlie first realize that women's bodies are different than men's?
(a) When he is shown a dirty magazine.
(b) When he sees an old woman being bathed.
(c) When he sees Norma in the shower.
(d) When he sees his mother changing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nemur telll Charlie not to read about until Nemur says he is ready?
2. What does Charlie think of his sister when she is first brought home from the hospital?
3. What causes Charlie to start a fight with Nemur at the cocktail party thrown by Mrs. Nemur?
4. What does Nemur say during the conference that enrages Charlie?
5. What does Charlie do that angers Alice when he picks her up from the Beekman college one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in his apartment that shows Charlie that Algernon needs to be taken back to the lab?
2. What is Professor Nemur most upset about when Charlie returns to the lab after living in his own apartment?
3. What is Alice really upset about when she sees Charlie at the college where she teaches retarded adults?
4. What area of expertise does Charlie showcase before the conference in Chicago begins?
5. What does Professor Nemur say at the conference in Chicago that upsets Charlie?
6. What happens when Algernon is put back into his original maze when he and Charlie return to the lab?
7. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
8. What does Charlie say that intelligence without affection will lead to when he is at the cocktail party with Nemur?
9. What did Charlie want to have happen as he ran away from the angry mob in the park after a woman came on to him?
10. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)