|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nemur compare Charlie's curiosity about his future to?
(a) Looking at his own coffin.
(b) Ensuring a dark and dismal future.
(c) Willingly drowning in sorrow.
(d) Watching a video of his death.
2. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
(a) The place where you can be free to be yourself.
(b) The place to learn how to really live.
(c) The place where all former beliefs are challenged.
(d) The place where dreams come true.
3. Why does Charlie have a hard time focusing on the movies when he takes Ms. Kinnian out to them?
(a) He keeps thinking about other things.
(b) He gets nervous in dark places like theaters.
(c) They are too loud.
(d) He would rather look at her.
4. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
(a) Reading the reviews given him by his therapist.
(b) Seeing the low rate of growth in his abilities.
(c) Reading about the treatment Charlie receives from the people at the bakery.
(d) Seeing his low pay for his work at the bakery.
5. What is Charlie's father's occupation when he finds him after moving into his own apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who observes Algernon in his old maze when Charlie returns him to the lab?
2. What happens after the woman that confronts Charlie screams in response to what he does to her?
3. What does Fay do while Charlie is away at the peak of his intellectual abilities?
4. What does Charlie do during his free time at the college when his IQ reaches 100?
5. Which of the following is NOT a word which Charlie uses to describe a stage of his relationship with Alice?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)