|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a word which Charlie uses to describe a stage of his relationship with Alice?
2. How does Professor Nemur respond to Charlie's return to the lab after his time in his own apartment?
(a) He is angry, but satisfied.
(b) He is cold and severe.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) His is immensely relieved.
3. What happens after the woman that confronts Charlie screams in response to what he does to her?
(a) Charlie has a flash-back memory of his family.
(b) Charlie sees a halucination of a little boy again.
(c) A crowd chases after him.
(d) The woman cries.
4. How does Alice feel when she goes home after talking with Charlie when his IQ has surpassed her own?
(a) Like she is getting dumber.
(b) That he is being tortured.
(c) That it is unnatural.
(d) That she pushed him too hard.
5. How high is Charlie's IQ when he remembers the story about his sister and the History test?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the random woman say to Charlie that causes him to think she is disgusting?
2. Where is the conference for the International Psychological Association being held?
3. When Charlie was younger, who pushed to keep Charlie in the normal public school system?
4. What does Charlie wish he could see more clearly in his past memories?
5. What does Charlie do to spoil the evening when he tells Alice that he likes her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
2. What does Professor Nemur say at the conference in Chicago that upsets Charlie?
3. What causes Charlie to believe that everything he has been taught might be false?
4. Why is Charlie so understanding about the hostile attitude that his friends at the bakery have towards him as his intelligence is raised?
5. What does Charlie say that intelligence without affection will lead to when he is at the cocktail party with Nemur?
6. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
7. Why is Charlie unable to be physically intimate with Alice?
8. What realization does Charlie make while reading The Great Gatsby?
9. What area of expertise does Charlie showcase before the conference in Chicago begins?
10. What happens when Charlie goes to see his father in the barbershop?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)