|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie learn about Algernon at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) He is displaying a regression in intelligence.
(b) He is now the smartest mammal in creation.
(c) His actions have become erratic.
(d) He is listless and bored.
2. What does Charlie do to calm himself when he wakes up after his nightmare about Alice on the night after he tellls her he likes her?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Smokes a pipe.
(c) Takes a walk.
(d) Drinks some coffee.
3. What causes Charlie to start a fight with Nemur at the cocktail party thrown by Mrs. Nemur?
(a) He feels ignored by the people at the party.
(b) He drinks too much.
(c) He hears Nemur call him a bad name.
(d) Alice says something rude to him.
4. What does Nemur compare Charlie's curiosity about his future to?
(a) Ensuring a dark and dismal future.
(b) Watching a video of his death.
(c) Willingly drowning in sorrow.
(d) Looking at his own coffin.
5. What does Charlie catch Gimpy doing at the bakery?
(a) Overcharging the customers.
(b) Making smaller loafs.
(c) Stealing money.
(d) Taking home old bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Burt give Charlie on the plane to dictate his progress reports?
2. What does Charlie's sister once almost get as a reward for an A on a test?
3. What does Charlie do to spoil the evening when he tells Alice that he likes her?
4. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
5. What does Charlie realize about his childhood while he is at the party with Ellen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Alice really upset about when she sees Charlie at the college where she teaches retarded adults?
2. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
3. What happens when Algernon is put back into his original maze when he and Charlie return to the lab?
4. What happens in his apartment that shows Charlie that Algernon needs to be taken back to the lab?
5. Why is Charlie unable to be physically intimate with Alice?
6. What causes Charlie to believe that everything he has been taught might be false?
7. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
8. What does Charlie do at the bakery when his IQ reaches 100 that earns him a raise?
9. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
10. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)