|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie realize about his childhood while he is at the party with Ellen?
(a) Kids would play tricks on him when they played hide and seek.
(b) Kids would make fun of the way he talked when he thought they were his friends.
(c) Kids would steal his lunch and laugh at him.
(d) Kids were cruel to him when they tripped him at recess.
2. What does Charlie think Nemur sees him as instead of a human being?
(a) A nuisance.
(b) A specimen.
(c) An obligation.
(d) A project.
3. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
(a) When she blushes at his compliments.
(b) When she stands up to him.
(c) When she kisses him on the cheek.
(d) When she gives him good advice.
4. Which of the following is NOT a name that Charlie hears his doctors calling each other during a fight?
5. How does Charlie pretend to be a student at the college once his IQ hits 100?
(a) Sits in on classes.
(b) Carries a backpack.
(c) Carries books around campus.
(d) Writes nonsense in a notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who denies Charlie's sister the promised reward for the A on her History test?
2. What does Nemur say during the conference that enrages Charlie?
3. What does Charlie see when he begins to put his arm around Alice at the concert in the park?
4. Who observes Algernon in his old maze when Charlie returns him to the lab?
5. What kind of a joke do Charlie's friends at the bakery play on him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charlie goes to see his father in the barbershop?
2. Why is Charlie so understanding about the hostile attitude that his friends at the bakery have towards him as his intelligence is raised?
3. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
4. What did Charlie want to have happen as he ran away from the angry mob in the park after a woman came on to him?
5. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
6. What happens when Algernon is put back into his original maze when he and Charlie return to the lab?
7. Why is Alice so hesitant to be in a relationship with Charlie even though she cares for him?
8. How does Fanny think Charlie came about his intelligence?
9. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
10. What prank do the guys at the bakery try to play on Charlie on April Fool's Day?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)