|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie do when Nemur asks him to speak to the audience at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Refuses to 'perform'.
(c) Lets Algernon out of his cage.
(d) Speaks in another language.
2. How does Alice feel when she goes home after talking with Charlie when his IQ has surpassed her own?
(a) Like she is getting dumber.
(b) That she pushed him too hard.
(c) That he is being tortured.
(d) That it is unnatural.
3. How many people are housed at the Warren State Home and Training School?
4. What does Charlie think Nemur sees him as instead of a human being?
(a) An obligation.
(b) A project.
(c) A nuisance.
(d) A specimen.
5. What does Charlie do that angers Alice when he picks her up from the Beekman college one day?
(a) Calls her by her first name in front of her students.
(b) Talks to his old classmates.
(d) Tries to kiss her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name that Charlie hears his doctors calling each other during a fight?
2. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
3. Where is the conference for the International Psychological Association being held?
4. What kind of a joke do Charlie's friends at the bakery play on him?
5. What is Charlie's father's occupation when he finds him after moving into his own apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
2. Why did Charlie allow himself to soil himself when he was younger?
3. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
4. What happens when Charlie goes to see his father in the barbershop?
5. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
6. What happens when Algernon is put back into his original maze when he and Charlie return to the lab?
7. What is Alice really upset about when she sees Charlie at the college where she teaches retarded adults?
8. What realization does Charlie make while reading The Great Gatsby?
9. What prank do the guys at the bakery try to play on Charlie on April Fool's Day?
10. What causes Charlie to believe that everything he has been taught might be false?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)