|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two categories of patients at the Warren State Home and Training School?
(a) Active and Inactive.
(b) Pleasant and Unpleasant.
(c) Tidy and Untidy.
(d) Lucid and Unconscious.
2. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
(a) When she kisses him on the cheek.
(b) When she blushes at his compliments.
(c) When she stands up to him.
(d) When she gives him good advice.
3. What does Charlie do to calm himself when he wakes up after his nightmare about Alice on the night after he tellls her he likes her?
(a) Smokes a pipe.
(b) Takes a walk.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Drinks some coffee.
4. Why does Charlie's mom slap him when he holds the baby?
(a) She is always cruel to Charlie.
(b) Charlie is holding her wrong.
(c) She is afraid he will hurt the baby.
(d) Charlie is rough with everything.
5. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
(a) The place where you can be free to be yourself.
(b) The place where all former beliefs are challenged.
(c) The place to learn how to really live.
(d) The place where dreams come true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie catch Gimpy doing at the bakery?
2. Why does Charlie have a hard time focusing on the movies when he takes Ms. Kinnian out to them?
3. What does Charlie do when Nemur asks him to speak to the audience at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
4. How does Professor Nemur respond to Charlie's return to the lab after his time in his own apartment?
5. How does Charlie pretend to be a student at the college once his IQ hits 100?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Charlie want to have happen as he ran away from the angry mob in the park after a woman came on to him?
2. What happens when Charlie goes to see his father in the barbershop?
3. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
4. What happens when Algernon is put back into his original maze when he and Charlie return to the lab?
5. What is Professor Nemur most upset about when Charlie returns to the lab after living in his own apartment?
6. What realization does Charlie make while reading The Great Gatsby?
7. What is Alice really upset about when she sees Charlie at the college where she teaches retarded adults?
8. What prank do the guys at the bakery try to play on Charlie on April Fool's Day?
9. What does Professor Nemur say at the conference in Chicago that upsets Charlie?
10. How does Fanny think Charlie came about his intelligence?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)