|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has paid for his life of comfort should Charlie regress to where he was before the procedure?
(a) The Welburg Foundation.
(b) Mr. Donner.
(c) The Beekman College.
(d) Professor Nemur.
2. Which of the following is NOT a name that Charlie hears his doctors calling each other during a fight?
3. What is Fay's occupation?
4. What present does Fay bring for Algernon one day?
(a) A female mouse.
(b) A maze.
(c) A bag of peanuts.
(d) A tiny bow tie.
5. What does Charlie want to do before he begins his research?
(a) Apologize to Alice.
(b) Find his sister.
(c) See his parents.
(d) Make love to a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Charlie to start a fight with Nemur at the cocktail party thrown by Mrs. Nemur?
2. What is Charlie's favorite kind of book to read when his IQ reaches 100?
3. Who denies Charlie's sister the promised reward for the A on her History test?
4. What is Charlie's mother's name?
5. Where does Charlie find Algernon at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlie so understanding about the hostile attitude that his friends at the bakery have towards him as his intelligence is raised?
2. What does Charlie say that intelligence without affection will lead to when he is at the cocktail party with Nemur?
3. What mistake does Charlie realize Nemur has made during the conference in Chicago?
4. Why did Norma's father refuse to let her have the dog she was promised if she did well on her history test?
5. Why did Charlie allow himself to soil himself when he was younger?
6. What area of expertise does Charlie showcase before the conference in Chicago begins?
7. What did Charlie want to have happen as he ran away from the angry mob in the park after a woman came on to him?
8. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
9. What causes Charlie to believe that everything he has been taught might be false?
10. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)