|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who observes Algernon in his old maze when Charlie returns him to the lab?
2. What does Fay do while Charlie is away at the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) Searches for Charlie.
(b) Becomes good friends with Alice.
(c) Finds a new boyfriend.
(d) Paints a picture of herself and Charlie.
3. When Charlie was younger, who pushed to keep Charlie in the normal public school system?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
4. Where does Charlie spend most of his time once he reaches the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) In the lab.
(b) With Alice.
(c) Outside in nature.
(d) At the college.
5. Why does Charlie hesitate to turn Gimpy in when he catches him doing something wrong at the bakery?
(a) Gimpy is his only true friend.
(b) Gimpy has a family.
(c) Gimpy is his leader.
(d) Gimpy has always been nice to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
2. What does Charlie do to spoil the evening when he tells Alice that he likes her?
3. What does Charlie think Nemur sees him as instead of a human being?
4. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
5. Where is Charlie when a random woman offers to go home with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charlie goes to see his father in the barbershop?
2. What area of expertise does Charlie showcase before the conference in Chicago begins?
3. How does Fanny think Charlie came about his intelligence?
4. What is Professor Nemur most upset about when Charlie returns to the lab after living in his own apartment?
5. Why is Charlie so understanding about the hostile attitude that his friends at the bakery have towards him as his intelligence is raised?
6. What does Charlie say that intelligence without affection will lead to when he is at the cocktail party with Nemur?
7. What does Professor Nemur say at the conference in Chicago that upsets Charlie?
8. Why did Norma's father refuse to let her have the dog she was promised if she did well on her history test?
9. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
10. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)