|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Kinnian teach Charlie about after she reads his Progress Reports?
2. What present does Fay bring for Algernon one day?
(a) A maze.
(b) A bag of peanuts.
(c) A female mouse.
(d) A tiny bow tie.
3. Why does Charlie hesitate to turn Gimpy in when he catches him doing something wrong at the bakery?
(a) Gimpy is his only true friend.
(b) Gimpy is his leader.
(c) Gimpy has a family.
(d) Gimpy has always been nice to him.
4. Why is Charlie not allowed to fix the errors in his earlier entries in the Progress Report?
(a) They want to see his progress.
(b) It would disrupt the process.
(c) They need a record of the past.
(d) They don't want it to upset him.
5. How do Alice and Fay feel about each other when they meet one night at Charlie's apartment?
(a) They pretend not to see each other.
(b) They are annoyed by the other's presence.
(c) They like each other.
(d) They hate each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie do that causes the random woman who confronts him to scream?
2. What does the random woman say to Charlie that causes him to think she is disgusting?
3. How does Fanny Biden think Charlie has become so smart all of the sudden?
4. What kind of a joke do Charlie's friends at the bakery play on him?
5. How does Professor Nemur respond to Charlie's return to the lab after his time in his own apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in his apartment that shows Charlie that Algernon needs to be taken back to the lab?
2. What does Charlie do at the bakery when his IQ reaches 100 that earns him a raise?
3. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
4. Why is Alice so hesitant to be in a relationship with Charlie even though she cares for him?
5. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
6. Why did Norma's father refuse to let her have the dog she was promised if she did well on her history test?
7. What causes Charlie to believe that everything he has been taught might be false?
8. Why is Charlie fired from his job at the bakery?
9. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
10. What does Professor Nemur say at the conference in Chicago that upsets Charlie?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)