|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Charlie first realize that women's bodies are different than men's?
(a) When he sees Norma in the shower.
(b) When he is shown a dirty magazine.
(c) When he sees his mother changing.
(d) When he sees an old woman being bathed.
2. What frustrates Nemur at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Charlie knows more of the research material than he does.
(b) Charlie is silent and sulky the whole time.
(c) Charlie keeps leaving the area.
(d) People ask Charlie about the experiment instead of him.
3. Which of the following is NOT a name that Charlie hears his doctors calling each other during a fight?
4. What present does Fay bring for Algernon one day?
(a) A tiny bow tie.
(b) A maze.
(c) A female mouse.
(d) A bag of peanuts.
5. What does Nemur telll Charlie not to read about until Nemur says he is ready?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlie give Harriet on Valentines Day when he was younger?
2. What does Charlie learn about Algernon at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
3. What does Charlie want to do before he begins his research?
4. What does Nemur say during the conference that enrages Charlie?
5. What does Charlie think of his sister when she is first brought home from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
2. What does Charlie do at the bakery when his IQ reaches 100 that earns him a raise?
3. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
4. What happens when Algernon is put back into his original maze when he and Charlie return to the lab?
5. What does Charlie say that intelligence without affection will lead to when he is at the cocktail party with Nemur?
6. What mistake does Charlie realize Nemur has made during the conference in Chicago?
7. What happens when Charlie goes to see his father in the barbershop?
8. What area of expertise does Charlie showcase before the conference in Chicago begins?
9. Why is Charlie so understanding about the hostile attitude that his friends at the bakery have towards him as his intelligence is raised?
10. Why is Charlie fired from his job at the bakery?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)