|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie find Algernon at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) The maze.
(b) His pocket.
(c) The ladies restroom.
(d) His cage.
2. Who observes Algernon in his old maze when Charlie returns him to the lab?
3. What does Charlie do to calm himself when he wakes up after his nightmare about Alice on the night after he tellls her he likes her?
(a) Smokes a pipe.
(b) Takes a walk.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Drinks some coffee.
4. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
(a) The place where all former beliefs are challenged.
(b) The place where you can be free to be yourself.
(c) The place to learn how to really live.
(d) The place where dreams come true.
5. What kind of a joke do Charlie's friends at the bakery play on him?
(a) They take him to a bar and get him drunk.
(b) They tell him to use the dough mixer.
(c) They give him the wrong work schedule.
(d) They tell him to make extra deliveries on his route.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie's father's occupation when he finds him after moving into his own apartment?
2. What surprises the would-be pranksters at the bakery?
3. What is Algernon doing when Charlie finds him at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
4. What is Charlie's mother's name?
5. What does Charlie build for Algernon in his own furnished apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alice so hesitant to be in a relationship with Charlie even though she cares for him?
2. What is Professor Nemur most upset about when Charlie returns to the lab after living in his own apartment?
3. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
4. Why is Charlie so understanding about the hostile attitude that his friends at the bakery have towards him as his intelligence is raised?
5. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
6. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
7. What does Charlie say that intelligence without affection will lead to when he is at the cocktail party with Nemur?
8. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
9. What prank do the guys at the bakery try to play on Charlie on April Fool's Day?
10. What does Charlie do at the bakery when his IQ reaches 100 that earns him a raise?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)