|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frustrates Nemur at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Charlie knows more of the research material than he does.
(b) Charlie keeps leaving the area.
(c) Charlie is silent and sulky the whole time.
(d) People ask Charlie about the experiment instead of him.
2. What new position is Charlie given at the bakery after a prank is played on him by his co-workers.
(a) Schedule Manager.
(b) Dough Mixer.
(c) Publicity Specialist.
(d) Delivery Supervisor.
3. Who observes Algernon in his old maze when Charlie returns him to the lab?
4. When Charlie was younger, who pushed to keep Charlie in the normal public school system?
(a) His sister.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. What does Nemur telll Charlie not to read about until Nemur says he is ready?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Algernon doing when Charlie finds him at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
2. Where is the conference for the International Psychological Association being held?
3. What does Charlie realize about his childhood while he is at the party with Ellen?
4. What does Charlie think Nemur sees him as instead of a human being?
5. What is Charlie's mother's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
2. What mistake does Charlie realize Nemur has made during the conference in Chicago?
3. Why did Charlie allow himself to soil himself when he was younger?
4. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
5. What is Alice really upset about when she sees Charlie at the college where she teaches retarded adults?
6. Why is Charlie so understanding about the hostile attitude that his friends at the bakery have towards him as his intelligence is raised?
7. What area of expertise does Charlie showcase before the conference in Chicago begins?
8. What does Professor Nemur say at the conference in Chicago that upsets Charlie?
9. What is Professor Nemur most upset about when Charlie returns to the lab after living in his own apartment?
10. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)