|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie think of his sister when she is first brought home from the hospital?
(a) She cries a lot.
(b) She is perfect and warm.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She is like a little doll.
2. What does Charlie promise himself he will do the next time he is out with Alice after he tells her he likes her?
(a) Ignore his funny feelings.
(b) Explain himself.
(c) Pretend he never said those things.
(d) Kiss her.
3. What did Charlie give Harriet on Valentines Day when he was younger?
(a) A locket.
(b) A cake.
(c) A picture frame.
(d) A poem.
4. What does Charlie do that causes the random woman who confronts him to scream?
(a) Screams at her.
(b) Calls her filthy.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Grabs her shoulder.
5. When Charlie was younger, who pushed to keep Charlie in the normal public school system?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Norma think his brother was before she was contacted about the surgery?
2. Where will Charlie be sent if the procedure does cause him to regress?
3. How high is Charlie's IQ when he remembers the story about his sister and the History test?
4. How do Charlie's co-workers respond to the drastic change in Charlie as he becomes more intelligent?
5. What does Burt give Charlie on the plane to dictate his progress reports?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Charlie allow himself to soil himself when he was younger?
2. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
3. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
4. What causes Charlie to believe that everything he has been taught might be false?
5. Why is Charlie unable to be physically intimate with Alice?
6. What is Alice really upset about when she sees Charlie at the college where she teaches retarded adults?
7. Why is Charlie so understanding about the hostile attitude that his friends at the bakery have towards him as his intelligence is raised?
8. What happens when Algernon is put back into his original maze when he and Charlie return to the lab?
9. What realization does Charlie make while reading The Great Gatsby?
10. What mistake does Charlie realize Nemur has made during the conference in Chicago?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)