|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Professor Nemur respond to Charlie's return to the lab after his time in his own apartment?
(a) His is immensely relieved.
(b) He is angry, but satisfied.
(c) He is cold and severe.
(d) He is jealous.
2. What did Gimpy once give Charlie after trying to teach him to make rolls?
(a) A hot roll out of the oven.
(b) A dollar.
(c) An empty notebook.
(d) A shiny good-luck piece.
3. Why is Charlie's sister denied the promised reward for her A on the history test?
(a) She will not share the prize.
(b) She is caught cheating.
(c) She is too haughty about her success.
(d) She fails a spelling test on the same day.
4. Why does Charlie have a hard time focusing on the movies when he takes Ms. Kinnian out to them?
(a) He keeps thinking about other things.
(b) He would rather look at her.
(c) They are too loud.
(d) He gets nervous in dark places like theaters.
5. What does Charlie want to do before he begins his research?
(a) Find his sister.
(b) See his parents.
(c) Apologize to Alice.
(d) Make love to a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nemur say during the conference that enrages Charlie?
2. What does Charlie do to spoil the evening when he tells Alice that he likes her?
3. What does Ms. Kinnian teach Charlie about after she reads his Progress Reports?
4. What does Charlie think Nemur sees him as instead of a human being?
5. What does Charlie do to fit in and look smart once his IQ reaches 100 even though he knows it is silly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
2. Why is Charlie unable to be physically intimate with Alice?
3. What does Charlie do at the bakery when his IQ reaches 100 that earns him a raise?
4. What causes Charlie to believe that everything he has been taught might be false?
5. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
6. What realization does Charlie make while reading The Great Gatsby?
7. What happens in his apartment that shows Charlie that Algernon needs to be taken back to the lab?
8. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
9. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
10. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)