|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the room where Charlie's surgery takes place?
2. What is a possible complication of the surgery Charlie is about to undergo to raise his IQ?
(a) He could regress.
(b) He may go crazy.
(c) He could lose all his former memories.
(d) He could go blind.
3. What does Burt say Charlie has a lot of that most people of his IQ do not?
4. What reason do the doctors give Charlie for taking so many tests and statistics?
(a) So they can repeat the process.
(b) So they can help Charlie heal.
(c) So they can speed up the process.
(d) So they don't make any mistakes.
5. Who gave Nemur money for the experiment on Charlie?
(a) The Beekwood College for Retarded Adults.
(b) The government.
(c) His father-in-law.
(d) The Wellburg foundation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good luck charm does Charlie keep to help him be brave?
2. Who does Charlie want to talk to first when he gets smart after his surgery?
3. What does Charlie ask Nemur just before the surgery?
4. What is the name of Charlie's nurse after his surgery?
5. What gives Charlie headaches after the surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frank ask Charlie that makes him laugh after his surgery?
2. How does Charlie think his parents will respond to him if he shows them he has become smart?
3. What does Burt have Charlie try and do on the fourth day of the experiment?
4. What is so surprising to Charlie about Algernon when he first sees the mouse?
5. What is unique about the writing style of the first chapter of this book?
6. Why is Charlie disappointed just after his surgery?
7. What is the first memory that Charlie has after having the learning TV put in his room at night?
8. What good luck charm does Charlie keep with him always to help him be brave?
9. Why is Professor Nemur so hesitant to perform the surgery on Charlie?
10. What does Charlie ask Lucille that causes her to get embarrassed and run out of the room?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)