|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charlie want to talk to first when he gets smart after his surgery?
(a) His mom.
(b) His boss.
(c) Ms. Kinnian.
(d) His friends at the bakery.
2. What is the name of the animal that has undergone the same experiment Charlie is now a part of?
3. What does Charlie hope to be able to hold conversations about once he is smart after the surgery?
(b) The stock market.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) God and politics.
4. What is the name of Charlie's nurse after his surgery?
5. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
(a) To be like a normal person.
(b) To get a promotion at his job.
(c) To be smarter than his friends.
(d) To read and write well.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days after his surgery does it take for Charlie to start writing in his Progress Report again?
2. Who is Charlie's teacher at the beginning of the book?
3. What does the doctor giving Charlie the test on the second day of the experiment tell him to do during the test?
4. Who gave Nemur money for the experiment on Charlie?
5. What is Charlie told to write in his progress report?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hilda say to Charlie that gets her transferred from his care after the surgery?
2. Why does Charlie not know where his mother and sister are at the beginning of the book?
3. How does Charlie think his parents will respond to him if he shows them he has become smart?
4. Why is Charlie so afraid he failed his Rorschach test?
5. What does Frank ask Charlie that makes him laugh after his surgery?
6. Who does Professor Nemur say he will be able to help if the procedure works well on Charlie?
7. Who gave the doctors permission to include Charlie in their surgical experiment to raise his IQ?
8. What does Burt have Charlie try and do on the fourth day of the experiment?
9. Why is Professor Nemur so hesitant to perform the surgery on Charlie?
10. Why does Charlie start to feel sorry for Algernon after hating him for so long?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)