|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Charlie to work hard at school?
(a) His doctor.
(b) His boss.
(c) His mom.
(d) His teacher.
2. What is the one thing Charlie wants more than anything in the world?
(a) To find love.
(b) To make his mom proud.
(c) To be normal.
(d) To learn.
3. What color is the room where Charlie's surgery takes place?
4. Where does Charlie have lunch with Burt after he is released from the hospital after his surgery?
(a) A fast food joint.
(b) The bakery.
(c) The college restaurant.
(d) The hospital cafeteria.
5. Where is Charlie's sister found by the doctors?
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Charlie take the next round of tests at the institution?
2. Where does Charlie work?
3. Who does Charlie want to talk to first when he gets smart after his surgery?
4. Who does Charlie say hollers at him at work in the third entry in the Progress Report?
5. What is Charlie afraid of on his second day of the experiment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burt have Charlie try and do on the fourth day of the experiment?
2. Why does Charlie start to feel sorry for Algernon after hating him for so long?
3. Who does Professor Nemur say he will be able to help if the procedure works well on Charlie?
4. What used to happen to Charlie when he told lies?
5. How does Charlie think his parents will respond to him if he shows them he has become smart?
6. What does Charlie say he will not be any more once he becomes smart?
7. Why does Charlie not know where his mother and sister are at the beginning of the book?
8. What is unique about the writing style of the first chapter of this book?
9. How does Charlie feel about Burt after he takes the Rorschach test?
10. Why does Ms. Kinnian say that Charlie is her best student at the college?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)