|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of test does Charlie take on the second day of the experiment?
(a) A Color Code test.
(b) A Rorschach test.
(c) A Personality evaluation.
(d) An IQ test.
2. How does Charlie feel about the doctor who gave him the test on his second day of the experiment?
(a) He is stiff.
(b) He is mean.
(c) He seems bored.
(d) He is nice.
3. What is the name of the main doctor overseeing Charlie's experiment?
(a) Professor Neuron.
(b) Doctor Nielsen.
(c) Doctor Neiman.
(d) Professor Nemur.
4. Who told Charlie to work hard at school?
(a) His doctor.
(b) His mom.
(c) His boss.
(d) His teacher.
5. What does Joe Carp ask Charlie when he sees the scar on Charlie's head after the surgery?
(a) If he had brains put in.
(b) If he opened a door the hard way.
(c) If he will be dumber now than before.
(d) If it hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asked Charlie to keep the Progress Report?
2. What is Charlie's little sister's name?
3. What does Charlie's school specialize in at the beginning of the book?
4. Who does Charlie want to talk to first when he gets smart after his surgery?
5. What does Ms. Kinnian say about Charlie as a pupil?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Professor Nemur say he will be able to help if the procedure works well on Charlie?
2. What trait does Burt say that Algernon and Charlie both share?
3. Why is Professor Nemur so hesitant to perform the surgery on Charlie?
4. Why does Ms. Kinnian say that Charlie is her best student at the college?
5. Why is Charlie so afraid he failed his Rorschach test?
6. What is Charlie most excited about having after the surgery is over?
7. What is so surprising to Charlie about Algernon when he first sees the mouse?
8. How does Charlie think his parents will respond to him if he shows them he has become smart?
9. What is unique about the writing style of the first chapter of this book?
10. What is a Rorschach test?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)