|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie watch the animal who has undergone the same experiment he is now a part of do?
(a) Run a maze.
(b) Build with blocks.
(c) Read a sign.
(d) Draw a picture.
2. What is Charlie told to write in his progress report?
(a) Everything he thinks and remembers.
(b) His feelings.
(c) What he learns at school.
(d) His thoughts on the experiment.
3. What is Charlie supposed to do for a test on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Write a funny story.
(b) Tell two truths and a lie about himself.
(c) Categorize a pile of pictures.
(d) Make up stories about people.
4. What is Charlie's little sister's name?
5. What perk mentioned by Nemur just before his surgery does Charlie not care at all about?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie feel when he is finally chosen to undergo the procedure to raise his IQ?
2. How does Mr. Donner know Charlie?
3. How often does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
4. Who asked Charlie to keep the Progress Report?
5. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie choose to move into the Warren Home and Training Center instead of living in his own apartment like before?
2. What is a Rorschach test?
3. What happens to Charlie the night after he dances with Ellen at the party?
4. What does Charlie ask Lucille that causes her to get embarrassed and run out of the room?
5. What is so surprising to Charlie about Algernon when he first sees the mouse?
6. What happens when Charlie goes to see his father in the barbershop?
7. What does Charlie say that intelligence without affection will lead to when he is at the cocktail party with Nemur?
8. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
9. How does Fanny think Charlie came about his intelligence?
10. What does Hilda say to Charlie that gets her transferred from his care after the surgery?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)