|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who suggested that Charlie should be a part of the experiment in the first place?
(a) Charlie's boss.
(c) Charlie's mom.
(d) Charlie's teacher.
2. Who told Charlie to work hard at school?
(a) His teacher.
(b) His mom.
(c) His doctor.
(d) His boss.
3. What does Nemur tell Charlie he will do if the surgery works for Charlie?
(a) Help animals all over the world.
(b) Help other people like Charlie.
(c) Write a book about Charlie.
(d) Make a lot of money.
4. What does Charlie offer to do when he cannot complete the test he is given on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Tell stories about his uncle.
(b) Draw a picture of people he knows.
(c) Pretend he can do the test.
(d) Show them his journal.
5. How old is Charlie at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie have to go if the experiment does not work?
2. Who does Charlie want to show his new intelligence to after the surgery?
3. What is the name of the animal that has undergone the same experiment Charlie is now a part of?
4. Where is Charlie's sister found by the doctors?
5. What kind of test does Charlie take on the second day of the experiment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What trait does Burt say that Algernon and Charlie both share?
2. What is the first memory that Charlie has after having the learning TV put in his room at night?
3. What does Charlie say he will not be any more once he becomes smart?
4. What worries Charlie when he comes back to the bakery after his surgery?
5. Why is Professor Nemur so hesitant to perform the surgery on Charlie?
6. Why is Charlie disappointed just after his surgery?
7. Why does Charlie not know where his mother and sister are at the beginning of the book?
8. What is so surprising to Charlie about Algernon when he first sees the mouse?
9. Why does Charlie start to feel sorry for Algernon after hating him for so long?
10. What is Charlie most excited about having after the surgery is over?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)