|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of test does Charlie take on the second day of the experiment?
(a) A Rorschach test.
(b) A Personality evaluation.
(c) An IQ test.
(d) A Color Code test.
2. What do Charlie's doctors think a rapid growth in IQ will make Charlie do?
(a) Be overwhelmed.
(b) Hurt his emotional stability.
(c) Become sick.
3. Who are the only patients of this experiment before Charlie?
(b) Intelligent people.
(c) No one.
(d) Vegitative people.
4. What gives Charlie headaches after the surgery?
(a) His lack of sleep.
(b) Thinking too hard.
(c) The electric treatments.
(d) The medicine he has to take.
5. How long has Charlie worked at the bakery?
(a) 17 years.
(b) 7 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Strauss tell Charlie he will not notice his improvement at first after the surgery?
2. Where does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Charlie hope to be able to hold conversations about once he is smart after the surgery?
4. What does Nemur tell Charlie he will do if the surgery works for Charlie?
5. What is the name of Charlie's nurse after his surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie start to feel sorry for Algernon after hating him for so long?
2. What happens to Charlie when he goes the wrong way in his maze on the fourth day of the experiment?
3. Why does Charlie say he does not like writing in his Progress Report on the third day?
4. What is unique about the writing style of the first chapter of this book?
5. Why do Charlie's friends at the bakery think that Charlie is in the hospital because he is sick?
6. What does Burt tell Charlie to do over and over during the Rorschach test?
7. Who does Professor Nemur say he will be able to help if the procedure works well on Charlie?
8. What kind of school does Charlie attend at the beginning of the book?
9. Who gave the doctors permission to include Charlie in their surgical experiment to raise his IQ?
10. What is Charlie most excited about having after the surgery is over?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)