|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Charlie's bandages after his surgery covering?
(a) His abdomen.
(b) His ears.
(c) His mouth.
(d) His eyes.
2. Why does Strauss tell Charlie he will not notice his improvement at first after the surgery?
(a) It will happen gradually.
(b) It is hard to notice at first.
(c) He must wait and be patient.
(d) It will seem normal to him.
3. How long has Charlie worked at the bakery?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
4. What does Charlie's school specialize in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Educating poor people.
(b) Using new techniques of memorization.
(c) Building confidence in higher IQ individuals.
(d) Teaching retarded adults.
5. What does Charlie think the doctor who gave him the test on the second day of the experiment looks like?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A regular person.
(d) A police man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie's new nurse after the surgery refuse to tell him about?
2. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
3. What do the doctors tell Charlie about the results of the Rorschach test the day afterward?
4. Who does not want Charlie to be used in the experiment?
5. What does Charlie almost shout to the passersby when he is at lunch with Burt after being released from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a Rorschach test?
2. What worries Charlie when he comes back to the bakery after his surgery?
3. What does Burt tell Charlie to do over and over during the Rorschach test?
4. What kind of experiment is Charlie a part of at the beginning of this book?
5. What is Charlie supposed to write about in his progress report?
6. Why does Charlie say he does not like writing in his Progress Report on the third day?
7. What does Frank ask Charlie that makes him laugh after his surgery?
8. Why does Ms. Kinnian say that Charlie is her best student at the college?
9. Why is Professor Nemur so hesitant to perform the surgery on Charlie?
10. What is so surprising to Charlie about Algernon when he first sees the mouse?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)