|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the doctors say they will be able to keep track of what is going on in Charlie's head after the surgery?
(a) His interactions with people.
(b) His Progress Report.
(c) His testing scores.
(d) His success with the mazes.
2. What does Charlie's school specialize in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Using new techniques of memorization.
(b) Educating poor people.
(c) Building confidence in higher IQ individuals.
(d) Teaching retarded adults.
3. What reason do the doctors give Charlie for taking so many tests and statistics?
(a) So they can speed up the process.
(b) So they can repeat the process.
(c) So they don't make any mistakes.
(d) So they can help Charlie heal.
4. What does Joe Carp ask Charlie when he sees the scar on Charlie's head after the surgery?
(a) If it hurt.
(b) If he had brains put in.
(c) If he opened a door the hard way.
(d) If he will be dumber now than before.
5. Why is Charlie so tired at work since this experiment began?
(a) He does not like the bed at the hospital.
(b) He stays up worrying about his test results.
(c) He can't sleep because he is so excited.
(d) He stays up late to write the Progress Report.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie feel when he is finally chosen to undergo the procedure to raise his IQ?
2. What is on the fifth floor of the building where Burt works?
3. What is the one thing Charlie wants more than anything in the world?
4. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
5. What happens when Charlie goes the wrong way with his electric pencil when he does the maze Burt gives him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Charlie's friends at the bakery think that Charlie is in the hospital because he is sick?
2. What is so surprising to Charlie about Algernon when he first sees the mouse?
3. What kind of school does Charlie attend at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does Ms. Kinnian say that Charlie is her best student at the college?
5. What trait does Burt say that Algernon and Charlie both share?
6. What is Charlie most excited about having after the surgery is over?
7. Why does Charlie not know where his mother and sister are at the beginning of the book?
8. Why is Charlie disappointed just after his surgery?
9. What does Frank ask Charlie that makes him laugh after his surgery?
10. What happens to Charlie when he goes the wrong way in his maze on the fourth day of the experiment?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)