|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
(a) Beekland University.
(b) Portman College.
(c) Portland University.
(d) Beekman College.
2. What is the name of the doctor who administered Charlie's test on the second day of the experiment?
3. Why do the people in the bakery think Charlie is having surgery because he is sick?
(a) Professor Nemur did not want Charlie to tell them about the nature of the experiment.
(b) Ms. Kinnian thought it would be better that they think he was sick.
(c) Charlie was not allowed to tell them the truth.
(d) Charlie wanted to surprise them when he came back smart.
4. How many times does Charlie lose against the animal who has undergone the same experiment that Charlie is now a part of?
5. How many days after his surgery does it take for Charlie to start writing in his Progress Report again?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie told to write in his progress report?
2. What has Charlie learned already that is impressive to Dr. Strauss on the fifth day of the experiment?
3. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
4. What does Charlie's school specialize in at the beginning of the book?
5. Why is Charlie so tired at work since this experiment began?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who gave the doctors permission to include Charlie in their surgical experiment to raise his IQ?
2. What is so surprising to Charlie about Algernon when he first sees the mouse?
3. Why do Charlie's friends at the bakery think that Charlie is in the hospital because he is sick?
4. What happens to Charlie when he goes the wrong way in his maze on the fourth day of the experiment?
5. What is a Rorschach test?
6. What good luck charm does Charlie keep with him always to help him be brave?
7. Why does Charlie say he is so tired at work since starting this experiment?
8. What does Hilda say to Charlie that gets her transferred from his care after the surgery?
9. What does Charlie ask Lucille that causes her to get embarrassed and run out of the room?
10. What does Charlie say he will not be any more once he becomes smart?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)