|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing Charlie can see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
(a) Funny little drawings.
(c) Strange shapes.
(d) Blots of ink.
2. Who are the only patients of this experiment before Charlie?
(b) Intelligent people.
(c) No one.
(d) Vegitative people.
3. What kind of experiment is Charlie a part of?
(a) Something to slow the effects of aging.
(b) Something to increase reflex timing.
(c) Something to monitor thinking habits.
(d) Something to raise his IQ.
4. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
5. Who does Charlie need permission from to undergo the procedure to increase his IQ?
(a) A family member.
(c) His guardian.
(d) His doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie supposed to do for a test on the fourth day of the experiment?
2. Who does Charlie want to show his new intelligence to after the surgery?
3. How does Charlie feel at the end of his second day of the experiment?
4. What is the name of Charlie's nurse after his surgery?
5. What does Charlie hope to be able to hold conversations about once he is smart after the surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burt have Charlie try and do on the fourth day of the experiment?
2. Why does Charlie not know where his mother and sister are at the beginning of the book?
3. Why do Charlie's friends at the bakery think that Charlie is in the hospital because he is sick?
4. What does Charlie ask Lucille that causes her to get embarrassed and run out of the room?
5. What is so surprising to Charlie about Algernon when he first sees the mouse?
6. What worries Charlie when he comes back to the bakery after his surgery?
7. What is unique about the writing style of the first chapter of this book?
8. What does Frank ask Charlie that makes him laugh after his surgery?
9. What good luck charm does Charlie keep with him always to help him be brave?
10. What kind of school does Charlie attend at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)