|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What good luck charm does Charlie keep to help him be brave?
(a) A lucky penny.
(b) A special rock.
(c) A rabbit's foot.
(d) A picture of his mother.
2. What do the doctors tell Charlie about the results of the Rorschach test the day afterward?
(a) They are worried about his results.
(b) It does not matter.
(c) He had a perfect score.
(d) No one can fail that test.
3. What does Burt say Charlie has a lot of that most people of his IQ do not?
4. Where does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
(a) Beekland University.
(b) Beekman College.
(c) Portland University.
(d) Portman College.
5. How do the doctors say they will be able to keep track of what is going on in Charlie's head after the surgery?
(a) His Progress Report.
(b) His interactions with people.
(c) His testing scores.
(d) His success with the mazes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie work?
2. How often does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
3. Why do the people in the bakery think Charlie is having surgery because he is sick?
4. What reason do the doctors give Charlie for taking so many tests and statistics?
5. What color is the room where Charlie's surgery takes place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Burt have Charlie try and do on the fourth day of the experiment?
2. What does Frank ask Charlie that makes him laugh after his surgery?
3. Why is Professor Nemur so hesitant to perform the surgery on Charlie?
4. How does Charlie feel about Burt after he takes the Rorschach test?
5. Why does Charlie start to feel sorry for Algernon after hating him for so long?
6. Why does Charlie not know where his mother and sister are at the beginning of the book?
7. How does Charlie think his parents will respond to him if he shows them he has become smart?
8. What is Charlie supposed to write about in his progress report?
9. What does Burt tell Charlie to do over and over during the Rorschach test?
10. What is the first memory that Charlie has after having the learning TV put in his room at night?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)