|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
(a) To get a promotion at his job.
(b) To be like a normal person.
(c) To be smarter than his friends.
(d) To read and write well.
2. What does Miss Kinnian bring Charlie just before his surgery?
(b) A picture.
(c) Chocolate cake..
3. How old is Charlie at the beginning of the book?
4. What date does Charlie start writing in his Progress Report again after his surgery?
(a) March 21.
(b) May 11.
(c) May 21.
(d) March 11.
5. Why is Charlie so tired at work since this experiment began?
(a) He does not like the bed at the hospital.
(b) He stays up late to write the Progress Report.
(c) He can't sleep because he is so excited.
(d) He stays up worrying about his test results.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a possible complication of the surgery Charlie is about to undergo to raise his IQ?
2. What did the test that Charlie took on the second day of the experiment involve?
3. Where does Burt take Charlie on his fourth day of the experiment?
4. What were Charlie's bandages after his surgery covering?
5. What does Charlie vow to do after having a talk with Dr. Strauss after his surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who gave the doctors permission to include Charlie in their surgical experiment to raise his IQ?
2. Why did Norma's father refuse to let her have the dog she was promised if she did well on her history test?
3. Why does Ms. Kinnian say that Charlie is her best student at the college?
4. Why does Charlie not know where his mother and sister are at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Frank ask Charlie that makes him laugh after his surgery?
6. What trait does Burt say that Algernon and Charlie both share?
7. What does Charlie say that intelligence without affection will lead to when he is at the cocktail party with Nemur?
8. Why do Charlie's friends at the bakery think that Charlie is in the hospital because he is sick?
9. What mistake does Charlie realize Nemur has made during the conference in Chicago?
10. Why does Charlie start to feel sorry for Algernon after hating him for so long?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)