|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main doctor overseeing Charlie's experiment?
(a) Professor Nemur.
(b) Doctor Neiman.
(c) Doctor Nielsen.
(d) Professor Neuron.
2. What does Charlie say he wants lots of just before his surgery?
3. What does Charlie vow to do after having a talk with Dr. Strauss after his surgery?
(a) Be as smart as Strauss.
(b) Work as hard as he can.
(c) Beat Algernon at the maze.
(d) Not lose hope.
4. What did the test that Charlie took on the second day of the experiment involve?
(a) Problem solving questions.
(b) Colorful pictures.
(c) Ink blots.
(d) Personal questions.
5. Why does Charlie keep writing in his Progress Report and taking tests after his surgery?
(a) He likes it.
(b) They are paying him to.
(c) They told him it would help him get smarter faster.
(d) It is all part of the experiment he contracted to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good luck charm does Charlie keep to help him be brave?
2. What is a possible complication of the surgery Charlie is about to undergo to raise his IQ?
3. What is the name of Charlie's nurse after his surgery?
4. What does Charlie watch the animal who has undergone the same experiment he is now a part of do?
5. What is the one thing Charlie wants more than anything in the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alice so hesitant to be in a relationship with Charlie even though she cares for him?
2. What does Frank ask Charlie that makes him laugh after his surgery?
3. What is Alice really upset about when she sees Charlie at the college where she teaches retarded adults?
4. What is Professor Nemur most upset about when Charlie returns to the lab after living in his own apartment?
5. What is Charlie supposed to write about in his progress report?
6. What used to happen to Charlie when he told lies?
7. What does Burt tell Charlie to do over and over during the Rorschach test?
8. Why does Charlie say he does not like writing in his Progress Report on the third day?
9. Who does Professor Nemur say he will be able to help if the procedure works well on Charlie?
10. What flash-back memory does Charlie have on his plane ride to Chicago?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)