|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charlie not like writing in his Progress Report by the third day?
(a) It makes him feel stupid.
(b) He does not like the way it looks.
(c) It takes a long time.
(d) It hurts his head.
2. How do the doctors say they will be able to keep track of what is going on in Charlie's head after the surgery?
(a) His testing scores.
(b) His Progress Report.
(c) His interactions with people.
(d) His success with the mazes.
3. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
4. What does Miss Kinnian bring Charlie just before his surgery?
(b) A picture.
(c) Chocolate cake..
5. What kind of test does Charlie take on the second day of the experiment?
(a) An IQ test.
(b) A Rorschach test.
(c) A Personality evaluation.
(d) A Color Code test.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie feel just before the surgery?
2. Where does Charlie have to go if the experiment does not work?
3. How old is Charlie at the beginning of the book?
4. When will Charlie take the next round of tests at the institution?
5. What is Charlie's IQ level at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charlie supposed to write about in his progress report?
2. What does Hilda say to Charlie that gets her transferred from his care after the surgery?
3. Why do Charlie's friends at the bakery think that Charlie is in the hospital because he is sick?
4. What is so surprising to Charlie about Algernon when he first sees the mouse?
5. What does Frank ask Charlie that makes him laugh after his surgery?
6. Why does Ms. Kinnian say that Charlie is her best student at the college?
7. Who does Professor Nemur say he will be able to help if the procedure works well on Charlie?
8. What is unique about the writing style of the first chapter of this book?
9. What does Burt tell Charlie to do over and over during the Rorschach test?
10. Why does Charlie say he does not like writing in his Progress Report on the third day?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)