|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charlie feel when he is finally chosen to undergo the procedure to raise his IQ?
2. What does Charlie watch the animal who has undergone the same experiment he is now a part of do?
(a) Run a maze.
(b) Draw a picture.
(c) Build with blocks.
(d) Read a sign.
3. What is Charlie told to write in his progress report?
(a) His thoughts on the experiment.
(b) What he learns at school.
(c) Everything he thinks and remembers.
(d) His feelings.
4. What is the only thing Charlie can see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
(b) Blots of ink.
(c) Funny little drawings.
(d) Strange shapes.
5. What kind of test does Charlie take on the second day of the experiment?
(a) A Personality evaluation.
(b) An IQ test.
(c) A Rorschach test.
(d) A Color Code test.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Charlie lose against the animal who has undergone the same experiment that Charlie is now a part of?
2. Who comes to see Charlie every day to check his temperature and blood pressure after the surgery?
3. How does Mr. Donner know Charlie?
4. Who suggested that Charlie should be a part of the experiment in the first place?
5. Who does Charlie need permission from to undergo the procedure to increase his IQ?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlie feel about Burt after he takes the Rorschach test?
2. Why do Charlie's friends at the bakery think that Charlie is in the hospital because he is sick?
3. Why does Charlie not know where his mother and sister are at the beginning of the book?
4. What is a Rorschach test?
5. What is Charlie supposed to write about in his progress report?
6. What does Frank ask Charlie that makes him laugh after his surgery?
7. What is Charlie most excited about having after the surgery is over?
8. Why is Charlie so afraid he failed his Rorschach test?
9. Who does Professor Nemur say he will be able to help if the procedure works well on Charlie?
10. Why does Charlie say he does not like writing in his Progress Report on the third day?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)