|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Charlie lose against the animal who has undergone the same experiment that Charlie is now a part of?
2. What happens when Charlie goes the wrong way with his electric pencil when he does the maze Burt gives him?
(a) The maze changes.
(b) He has to start over.
(c) He gets shocked.
(d) It emits a loud sound.
3. What did Charlie used to get hit for doing?
(a) Being messy.
4. What good luck charm does Charlie keep to help him be brave?
(a) A special rock.
(b) A lucky penny.
(c) A picture of his mother.
(d) A rabbit's foot.
5. Who are the only patients of this experiment before Charlie?
(a) No one.
(b) Intelligent people.
(c) Vegitative people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
2. What is on the fifth floor of the building where Burt works?
3. Who suggested that Charlie should be a part of the experiment in the first place?
4. Where does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
5. Where does Charlie work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of school does Charlie attend at the beginning of the book?
2. What area of expertise does Charlie showcase before the conference in Chicago begins?
3. What is Professor Nemur most upset about when Charlie returns to the lab after living in his own apartment?
4. What happens in his apartment that shows Charlie that Algernon needs to be taken back to the lab?
5. What does Charlie say he will not be any more once he becomes smart?
6. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
7. What does Charlie do at the bakery when his IQ reaches 100 that earns him a raise?
8. Why is Alice so hesitant to be in a relationship with Charlie even though she cares for him?
9. What does Hilda say to Charlie that gets her transferred from his care after the surgery?
10. What mistake does Charlie realize Nemur has made during the conference in Chicago?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)