|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie have to go if the experiment does not work?
(a) An institutional care facility for retarded adults.
(b) An insane asylum.
(c) A padded room in the hospital.
(d) Warren State Home.
2. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
3. What does Dr. Strauss say he will NOT help Charlie do after his surgery?
4. Why is Charlie unable to do what he should on the test given him on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) He does not know what funny means.
(b) He has no creativity.
(c) He thinks it would be lying.
(d) He thinks all the pictures are in the same category.
5. Who is Charlie's boss at his place of work?
(a) Mr. Conner.
(b) Mr. Flanner.
(c) Mr. Donner.
(d) Mr. Banner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie told to write in his progress report?
2. What is the date of the first Progress Report entry?
3. What date does Charlie start writing in his Progress Report again after his surgery?
4. What do the doctors tell Charlie about the results of the Rorschach test the day afterward?
5. What does Charlie hope to be able to hold conversations about once he is smart after the surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alice so hesitant to be in a relationship with Charlie even though she cares for him?
2. Why does Ms. Kinnian say that Charlie is her best student at the college?
3. What causes Charlie to believe that everything he has been taught might be false?
4. Why did Charlie allow himself to soil himself when he was younger?
5. What does Burt have Charlie try and do on the fourth day of the experiment?
6. What happens when Algernon is put back into his original maze when he and Charlie return to the lab?
7. What is Charlie most excited about having after the surgery is over?
8. What causes Charlie to get upset with Burt during one of their sessions together?
9. What does Charlie ask Lucille that causes her to get embarrassed and run out of the room?
10. How does Charlie think his parents will respond to him if he shows them he has become smart?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)