|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charlie want to talk to first when he gets smart after his surgery?
(a) Ms. Kinnian.
(b) His mom.
(c) His boss.
(d) His friends at the bakery.
2. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
(a) To be like a normal person.
(b) To read and write well.
(c) To get a promotion at his job.
(d) To be smarter than his friends.
3. Who is Charlie's boss at his place of work?
(a) Mr. Conner.
(b) Mr. Donner.
(c) Mr. Banner.
(d) Mr. Flanner.
4. What is a possible complication of the surgery Charlie is about to undergo to raise his IQ?
(a) He could lose all his former memories.
(b) He may go crazy.
(c) He could go blind.
(d) He could regress.
5. What is Charlie's IQ level at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie watch the animal who has undergone the same experiment he is now a part of do?
2. What does Burt have Charlie try and do after showing him the animal who has undergone the same experiment he is now a part of?
3. What is the one thing Charlie wants more than anything in the world?
4. What is the only thing Charlie can see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
5. Why is Charlie so tired at work since this experiment began?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about the writing style of the first chapter of this book?
2. Why do Charlie's friends at the bakery think that Charlie is in the hospital because he is sick?
3. What kind of school does Charlie attend at the beginning of the book?
4. What is Charlie most excited about having after the surgery is over?
5. What is a Rorschach test?
6. Why does Ms. Kinnian say that Charlie is her best student at the college?
7. Why is Charlie so afraid he failed his Rorschach test?
8. What does Charlie ask Lucille that causes her to get embarrassed and run out of the room?
9. What does Charlie say he will not be any more once he becomes smart?
10. Who gave the doctors permission to include Charlie in their surgical experiment to raise his IQ?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)