|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie supposed to do for a test on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Categorize a pile of pictures.
(b) Write a funny story.
(c) Make up stories about people.
(d) Tell two truths and a lie about himself.
2. What is Nemur's reply to Charlie's question to him just before the surgery?
(a) We don't know.
3. What is the date of the first Progress Report entry?
(a) May 13.
(b) March 13.
(c) May 3.
(d) March 3.
4. What does Miss Kinnian bring Charlie just before his surgery?
(a) Chocolate cake..
(b) A picture.
5. What has Charlie learned already that is impressive to Dr. Strauss on the fifth day of the experiment?
(a) Run the maze.
(b) Read and write.
(c) Navigate the hospital.
(d) Hold a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlie not like writing in his Progress Report by the third day?
2. What do his friends from the bakery bring Charlie just before his surgery?
3. What did Charlie used to get hit for doing?
4. What does Nemur tell Charlie he will do if the surgery works for Charlie?
5. What do the doctors tell Charlie about the results of the Rorschach test the day afterward?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlie so afraid he failed his Rorschach test?
2. What does Burt tell Charlie to do over and over during the Rorschach test?
3. What is unique about the writing style of the first chapter of this book?
4. What does Hilda say to Charlie that gets her transferred from his care after the surgery?
5. What good luck charm does Charlie keep with him always to help him be brave?
6. Who gave the doctors permission to include Charlie in their surgical experiment to raise his IQ?
7. How does Charlie feel about Burt after he takes the Rorschach test?
8. Why does Charlie say he does not like writing in his Progress Report on the third day?
9. What worries Charlie when he comes back to the bakery after his surgery?
10. Why does Charlie not know where his mother and sister are at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)