|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days after his surgery does it take for Charlie to start writing in his Progress Report again?
2. What does Charlie say he is willing to endure in order to be smart?
(a) Moving away from his family.
(b) A short life.
3. How does Charlie feel when he is finally chosen to undergo the procedure to raise his IQ?
4. Who asked Charlie to keep the Progress Report?
(a) Dr. Lillthorn.
(b) Dr. Strauss.
(c) Dr. Kinnian.
(d) Dr. Blumburg.
5. Who does Charlie want to show his new intelligence to after the surgery?
(a) Ms. Kinnian.
(b) His friends at the bakery.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do his friends from the bakery bring Charlie just before his surgery?
2. What color is the room where Charlie's surgery takes place?
3. Who gave Nemur money for the experiment on Charlie?
4. What does Burt say Charlie has a lot of that most people of his IQ do not?
5. What is on the fifth floor of the building where Burt works?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Charlie start to feel sorry for Algernon after hating him for so long?
2. How does Charlie feel about Burt after he takes the Rorschach test?
3. What is Charlie most excited about having after the surgery is over?
4. What is Charlie supposed to write about in his progress report?
5. What good luck charm does Charlie keep with him always to help him be brave?
6. What does Charlie say he will not be any more once he becomes smart?
7. Why does Charlie say he is so tired at work since starting this experiment?
8. What trait does Burt say that Algernon and Charlie both share?
9. What happens to Charlie when he goes the wrong way in his maze on the fourth day of the experiment?
10. What is unique about the writing style of the first chapter of this book?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)