|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie have to go if the experiment does not work?
(a) An institutional care facility for retarded adults.
(b) Warren State Home.
(c) An insane asylum.
(d) A padded room in the hospital.
2. Where does Charlie work?
(a) A school
(b) A hospital.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A restaurant.
3. How often does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
(a) 3 days a week.
(b) 4 days a week.
(c) 2 days a week.
(d) 5 days a week.
4. What does Joe Carp ask Charlie when he sees the scar on Charlie's head after the surgery?
(a) If he had brains put in.
(b) If he will be dumber now than before.
(c) If he opened a door the hard way.
(d) If it hurt.
5. Why does Charlie keep writing in his Progress Report and taking tests after his surgery?
(a) They told him it would help him get smarter faster.
(b) They are paying him to.
(c) He likes it.
(d) It is all part of the experiment he contracted to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Charlie's nurse after his surgery?
2. How does Charlie feel when he is finally chosen to undergo the procedure to raise his IQ?
3. Who does Charlie say hollers at him at work in the third entry in the Progress Report?
4. What were Charlie's bandages after his surgery covering?
5. How long has Charlie worked at the bakery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one of Charlie's old classmates at Beekman say to Charlie when he tries to talk to her?
2. What does Charlie say that intelligence without affection will lead to when he is at the cocktail party with Nemur?
3. What does Charlie say about the failure of this experiment done on him?
4. What happens when Charlie goes to see his father in the barbershop?
5. What does Charlie ask Lucille that causes her to get embarrassed and run out of the room?
6. What kind of school does Charlie attend at the beginning of the book?
7. What does Frank ask Charlie that makes him laugh after his surgery?
8. What worries Charlie when he comes back to the bakery after his surgery?
9. What prank do the guys at the bakery try to play on Charlie on April Fool's Day?
10. What does Professor Nemur say at the conference in Chicago that upsets Charlie?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)