|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the room where Charlie's surgery takes place?
2. What does Charlie ask Nemur just before the surgery?
(a) If he will be smarter than Nemur.
(b) If he will be able to beat Algernon in the maze.
(c) If it will hurt.
(d) If he will die.
3. What does Charlie say he is willing to endure in order to be smart?
(b) Moving away from his family.
(d) A short life.
4. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
5. What is Charlie supposed to see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Charlie headaches after the surgery?
2. What is the name of Charlie's nurse after his surgery?
3. Who does Charlie want to show his new intelligence to after the surgery?
4. What does Burt say Charlie has a lot of that most people of his IQ do not?
5. Where is Charlie's sister found by the doctors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What used to happen to Charlie when he told lies?
2. What is so surprising to Charlie about Algernon when he first sees the mouse?
3. Why does Charlie say he is so tired at work since starting this experiment?
4. What kind of school does Charlie attend at the beginning of the book?
5. Why is Charlie disappointed just after his surgery?
6. What good luck charm does Charlie keep with him always to help him be brave?
7. Who gave the doctors permission to include Charlie in their surgical experiment to raise his IQ?
8. What is Charlie most excited about having after the surgery is over?
9. Why does Ms. Kinnian say that Charlie is her best student at the college?
10. Why is Charlie so afraid he failed his Rorschach test?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)