|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie think of his sister when she is first brought home from the hospital?
(a) She is like a little doll.
(b) She cries a lot.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She is perfect and warm.
2. After he tells Alice he likes her, what does Charlie have a nightmare about?
(a) Alice with another man.
(b) Alice laughing at him.
(c) Alice with a knife.
(d) Alice covered in blood.
3. What does Charlie see when he begins to put his arm around Alice at the concert in the park?
(a) A police officer staring at him with malice.
(b) An angry boy in the bushes watching him.
(c) His sister's face.
(d) His mother coming at him with a knife.
4. What does Nemur say during the conference that enrages Charlie?
(a) Charlie was a useless human being.
(b) Charlie did not have a life worth living until he was smart.
(c) Charlie owes his quality of life to science.
(d) Charlie will never regret his work with Nemur.
5. How many people are housed at the Warren State Home and Training School?
6. What frustrates Nemur at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Charlie is silent and sulky the whole time.
(b) Charlie keeps leaving the area.
(c) Charlie knows more of the research material than he does.
(d) People ask Charlie about the experiment instead of him.
7. What is Fay's occupation?
8. What is Charlie's mother's name?
9. What does Charlie wish he could see more clearly in his past memories?
(a) His house.
(b) His own body.
(c) His surroundings.
(d) His parent's faces.
10. Who has paid for his life of comfort should Charlie regress to where he was before the procedure?
(a) Mr. Donner.
(b) The Beekman College.
(c) Professor Nemur.
(d) The Welburg Foundation.
11. What does Charlie catch Gimpy doing at the bakery?
(a) Making smaller loafs.
(b) Overcharging the customers.
(c) Taking home old bread.
(d) Stealing money.
12. Where does Charlie spend most of his time once he reaches the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) In the lab.
(b) At the college.
(c) Outside in nature.
(d) With Alice.
13. What does Charlie do during his free time at the college when his IQ reaches 100?
(a) Watches the sporting events.
(b) Listens to the student's conversations.
(c) Talks with the students.
(d) Eats at the cafeteria.
14. Who denies Charlie's sister the promised reward for the A on her History test?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
15. What does Charlie think Nemur sees him as instead of a human being?
(a) A specimen.
(b) An obligation.
(c) A project.
(d) A nuisance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Charlie be sent if the procedure does cause him to regress?
2. Who does Charlie think about while he is with Fay in his new apartment?
3. How does Fanny Biden think Charlie has become so smart all of the sudden?
4. How do Charlie's co-workers respond to the drastic change in Charlie as he becomes more intelligent?
5. How does Charlie decide to celebrate his raise at the bakery?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)