|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie think of his sister when she is first brought home from the hospital?
(a) She cries a lot.
(b) She is perfect and warm.
(c) She is like a little doll.
(d) She is ugly.
2. How does Fanny Biden think Charlie has become so smart all of the sudden?
(a) He prayed really hard.
(b) He made a deal with the devil.
(c) He was only pretending to be retarded before.
(d) He took some drugs.
3. Who does Charlie think about while he is with Fay in his new apartment?
(c) His mother.
4. What does Charlie do to fit in and look smart once his IQ reaches 100 even though he knows it is silly?
(a) Wears his hats backwards.
(b) Takes a dance class.
(c) Smokes a pipe.
(d) Wears University themed clothing.
5. What frustrates Nemur at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) People ask Charlie about the experiment instead of him.
(b) Charlie keeps leaving the area.
(c) Charlie is silent and sulky the whole time.
(d) Charlie knows more of the research material than he does.
6. What does Charlie do during his free time at the college when his IQ reaches 100?
(a) Eats at the cafeteria.
(b) Watches the sporting events.
(c) Listens to the student's conversations.
(d) Talks with the students.
7. What causes Charlie to start a fight with Nemur at the cocktail party thrown by Mrs. Nemur?
(a) Alice says something rude to him.
(b) He hears Nemur call him a bad name.
(c) He drinks too much.
(d) He feels ignored by the people at the party.
8. Where will Charlie be sent if the procedure does cause him to regress?
(a) The Warren Home.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) The pyschiatric wing of the hospital.
(d) His uncle's house.
9. What new position is Charlie given at the bakery after a prank is played on him by his co-workers.
(a) Publicity Specialist.
(b) Dough Mixer.
(c) Schedule Manager.
(d) Delivery Supervisor.
10. How high is Charlie's IQ when he remembers the story about his sister and the History test?
11. What do Charlie's friends from the bakery make him do with Ellen at a party?
(a) Talk with her.
(b) Dance with her.
(c) Walk her home.
(d) Kiss her.
12. Why is Charlie not allowed to fix the errors in his earlier entries in the Progress Report?
(a) It would disrupt the process.
(b) They want to see his progress.
(c) They don't want it to upset him.
(d) They need a record of the past.
13. What does Charlie build for Algernon in his own furnished apartment?
(a) A house.
(b) A cage.
(c) A maze.
(d) A running wheel.
14. What does Charlie's sister once almost get as a reward for an A on a test?
(a) A dog.
(b) A dress.
(c) A bike.
(d) A cake.
15. What present does Fay bring for Algernon one day?
(a) A female mouse.
(b) A tiny bow tie.
(c) A bag of peanuts.
(d) A maze.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the conference for the International Psychological Association being held?
2. What does Charlie see when he begins to put his arm around Alice at the concert in the park?
3. How many people are housed at the Warren State Home and Training School?
4. Which of the following is NOT a name that Charlie hears his doctors calling each other during a fight?
5. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)