|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charlie when a random woman offers to go home with him?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) Central Park.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The college.
2. What is Charlie's favorite kind of book to read when his IQ reaches 100?
(b) Classic novels.
3. Where does Charlie go when he leaves the conference?
(a) Salt Lake.
(d) New York.
4. What does Charlie do to calm himself when he wakes up after his nightmare about Alice on the night after he tellls her he likes her?
(a) Drinks some coffee.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Smokes a pipe.
(d) Takes a walk.
5. What new position is Charlie given at the bakery after a prank is played on him by his co-workers.
(a) Dough Mixer.
(b) Delivery Supervisor.
(c) Schedule Manager.
(d) Publicity Specialist.
6. What does Charlie do that angers Alice when he picks her up from the Beekman college one day?
(a) Talks to his old classmates.
(c) Tries to kiss her.
(d) Calls her by her first name in front of her students.
7. What does Charlie want to do before he begins his research?
(a) Apologize to Alice.
(b) Make love to a woman.
(c) See his parents.
(d) Find his sister.
8. What does Charlie say he does not want to have happen to Algernon when he is shown around the lab?
(a) Put down.
(d) Denied food for lack of performance.
9. Why is Charlie's sister denied the promised reward for her A on the history test?
(a) She is caught cheating.
(b) She will not share the prize.
(c) She is too haughty about her success.
(d) She fails a spelling test on the same day.
10. What does Charlie promise himself he will do the next time he is out with Alice after he tells her he likes her?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Explain himself.
(c) Pretend he never said those things.
(d) Ignore his funny feelings.
11. What does Charlie learn about Algernon at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) He is listless and bored.
(b) His actions have become erratic.
(c) He is now the smartest mammal in creation.
(d) He is displaying a regression in intelligence.
12. What did Gimpy once give Charlie after trying to teach him to make rolls?
(a) A shiny good-luck piece.
(b) An empty notebook.
(c) A hot roll out of the oven.
(d) A dollar.
13. How do Charlie's co-workers respond to the drastic change in Charlie as he becomes more intelligent?
(a) They are hostile.
(b) They are scared.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) They are happy.
14. What is Charlie's father's occupation when he finds him after moving into his own apartment?
15. What causes Charlie to start a fight with Nemur at the cocktail party thrown by Mrs. Nemur?
(a) He drinks too much.
(b) He feels ignored by the people at the party.
(c) He hears Nemur call him a bad name.
(d) Alice says something rude to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Charlie's friends from the bakery make him do with Ellen at a party?
2. What happens after the woman that confronts Charlie screams in response to what he does to her?
3. What does Charlie do when Nemur asks him to speak to the audience at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
4. Why is there a two week gap in the Progress Report?
5. Why does Charlie have a hard time focusing on the movies when he takes Ms. Kinnian out to them?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)