|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Alice and Fay feel about each other when they meet one night at Charlie's apartment?
(a) They pretend not to see each other.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) They are annoyed by the other's presence.
(d) They like each other.
2. How does Charlie decide to celebrate his raise at the bakery?
(a) Going drinking with the guys from the bakery.
(b) Having dinner with Ellen
(c) Buying himself a new book.
(d) Taking Miss Kinnian to a movie.
3. What does the random woman say to Charlie that causes him to think she is disgusting?
(a) She has an STD.
(b) She is 5 months pregnant.
(c) She is 17.
(d) She is a virgin.
4. Which of the following is NOT a word which Charlie uses to describe a stage of his relationship with Alice?
5. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
(a) Reading about the treatment Charlie receives from the people at the bakery.
(b) Seeing his low pay for his work at the bakery.
(c) Seeing the low rate of growth in his abilities.
(d) Reading the reviews given him by his therapist.
6. What does Charlie do to fit in and look smart once his IQ reaches 100 even though he knows it is silly?
(a) Wears his hats backwards.
(b) Takes a dance class.
(c) Smokes a pipe.
(d) Wears University themed clothing.
7. Why does Charlie's mom slap him when he holds the baby?
(a) Charlie is rough with everything.
(b) She is always cruel to Charlie.
(c) She is afraid he will hurt the baby.
(d) Charlie is holding her wrong.
8. Why does Charlie have a hard time focusing on the movies when he takes Ms. Kinnian out to them?
(a) He gets nervous in dark places like theaters.
(b) They are too loud.
(c) He keeps thinking about other things.
(d) He would rather look at her.
9. Where is the conference for the International Psychological Association being held?
(c) New York.
(d) Salt Lake.
10. Where is Charlie when a random woman offers to go home with him?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Central Park.
(c) The college.
(d) A restaurant.
11. Who observes Algernon in his old maze when Charlie returns him to the lab?
12. What does Charlie do after his promotion that earns him a raise at the bakery?
(a) Creates a new recipe for bread.
(b) Finds a new wholesaler to get supplies at half the regular cost.
(c) Puts out some good publicity and doubles the customer traffic.
(d) Rearranges the machines to speed up production.
13. Why is there a two week gap in the Progress Report?
(a) Charlie tries to quit the program.
(b) Charlie tears up those pages as they are personal.
(c) Charlie is too busy reading and studying.
(d) Charlie is tired of writing.
14. How does Alice feel when she goes home after talking with Charlie when his IQ has surpassed her own?
(a) That he is being tortured.
(b) That it is unnatural.
(c) Like she is getting dumber.
(d) That she pushed him too hard.
15. When Charlie was younger, who pushed to keep Charlie in the normal public school system?
(a) His sister.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Charlie be sent if the procedure does cause him to regress?
2. Who does Charlie think about while he is with Fay in his new apartment?
3. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
4. What does Charlie's sister once almost get as a reward for an A on a test?
5. What happens after the woman that confronts Charlie screams in response to what he does to her?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)