|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fay's occupation?
2. Why does Charlie have a hard time focusing on the movies when he takes Ms. Kinnian out to them?
(a) He would rather look at her.
(b) He keeps thinking about other things.
(c) He gets nervous in dark places like theaters.
(d) They are too loud.
3. What happens after the woman that confronts Charlie screams in response to what he does to her?
(a) Charlie has a flash-back memory of his family.
(b) A crowd chases after him.
(c) Charlie sees a halucination of a little boy again.
(d) The woman cries.
4. Who denies Charlie's sister the promised reward for the A on her History test?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her uncle.
5. What does Charlie promise himself he will do the next time he is out with Alice after he tells her he likes her?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Pretend he never said those things.
(c) Ignore his funny feelings.
(d) Explain himself.
6. What does Nemur compare Charlie's curiosity about his future to?
(a) Willingly drowning in sorrow.
(b) Watching a video of his death.
(c) Ensuring a dark and dismal future.
(d) Looking at his own coffin.
7. What causes Charlie to start a fight with Nemur at the cocktail party thrown by Mrs. Nemur?
(a) Alice says something rude to him.
(b) He drinks too much.
(c) He hears Nemur call him a bad name.
(d) He feels ignored by the people at the party.
8. What is Charlie's father's occupation when he finds him after moving into his own apartment?
9. What does Charlie do that causes the random woman who confronts him to scream?
(a) Screams at her.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Calls her filthy.
(d) Grabs her shoulder.
10. How does Charlie pretend to be a student at the college once his IQ hits 100?
(a) Sits in on classes.
(b) Writes nonsense in a notebook.
(c) Carries books around campus.
(d) Carries a backpack.
11. What new position is Charlie given at the bakery after a prank is played on him by his co-workers.
(a) Delivery Supervisor.
(b) Publicity Specialist.
(c) Dough Mixer.
(d) Schedule Manager.
12. What present does Fay bring for Algernon one day?
(a) A bag of peanuts.
(b) A female mouse.
(c) A tiny bow tie.
(d) A maze.
13. What does Charlie do when Nemur asks him to speak to the audience at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Speaks in another language.
(b) Lets Algernon out of his cage.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Refuses to 'perform'.
14. What is Algernon doing when Charlie finds him at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Staring in the mirror.
(b) Running the maze backwards with his eyes closed.
(c) Sleeping peacefully.
(d) Bashing himself against the wall.
15. What kind of a joke do Charlie's friends at the bakery play on him?
(a) They take him to a bar and get him drunk.
(b) They give him the wrong work schedule.
(c) They tell him to use the dough mixer.
(d) They tell him to make extra deliveries on his route.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fay do while Charlie is away at the peak of his intellectual abilities?
2. What does Ms. Kinnian teach Charlie about after she reads his Progress Reports?
3. What do Charlie's friends from the bakery make him do with Ellen at a party?
4. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
5. Why is there a two week gap in the Progress Report?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)