|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a word which Charlie uses to describe a stage of his relationship with Alice?
2. How do Charlie's co-workers respond to the drastic change in Charlie as he becomes more intelligent?
(a) They are disappointed.
(b) They are hostile.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are scared.
3. What does Charlie think Nemur sees him as instead of a human being?
(a) A specimen.
(b) A nuisance.
(c) A project.
(d) An obligation.
4. What did Charlie give Harriet on Valentines Day when he was younger?
(a) A cake.
(b) A locket.
(c) A picture frame.
(d) A poem.
5. What new position is Charlie given at the bakery after a prank is played on him by his co-workers.
(a) Dough Mixer.
(b) Schedule Manager.
(c) Publicity Specialist.
(d) Delivery Supervisor.
6. Where did Norma think his brother was before she was contacted about the surgery?
(b) With her uncle.
(c) An institution.
7. Why is Charlie's sister denied the promised reward for her A on the history test?
(a) She fails a spelling test on the same day.
(b) She will not share the prize.
(c) She is caught cheating.
(d) She is too haughty about her success.
8. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
(a) Seeing the low rate of growth in his abilities.
(b) Reading about the treatment Charlie receives from the people at the bakery.
(c) Reading the reviews given him by his therapist.
(d) Seeing his low pay for his work at the bakery.
9. How high is Charlie's IQ when he remembers the story about his sister and the History test?
10. When Charlie was younger, who pushed to keep Charlie in the normal public school system?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His uncle.
11. What is Charlie's mother's name?
12. What does Charlie think of his sister when she is first brought home from the hospital?
(a) She is like a little doll.
(b) She cries a lot.
(c) She is perfect and warm.
(d) She is ugly.
13. Where does Charlie spend most of his time once he reaches the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) Outside in nature.
(b) In the lab.
(c) With Alice.
(d) At the college.
14. What does Fay do while Charlie is away at the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) Finds a new boyfriend.
(b) Searches for Charlie.
(c) Paints a picture of herself and Charlie.
(d) Becomes good friends with Alice.
15. What does Charlie do to fit in and look smart once his IQ reaches 100 even though he knows it is silly?
(a) Wears University themed clothing.
(b) Smokes a pipe.
(c) Takes a dance class.
(d) Wears his hats backwards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name that Charlie hears his doctors calling each other during a fight?
2. Who observes Algernon in his old maze when Charlie returns him to the lab?
3. What does Charlie see when he begins to put his arm around Alice at the concert in the park?
4. What does Charlie catch Gimpy doing at the bakery?
5. What does Charlie do to spoil the evening when he tells Alice that he likes her?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)