|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie do during his free time at the college when his IQ reaches 100?
(a) Watches the sporting events.
(b) Talks with the students.
(c) Eats at the cafeteria.
(d) Listens to the student's conversations.
2. What kind of a joke do Charlie's friends at the bakery play on him?
(a) They tell him to use the dough mixer.
(b) They give him the wrong work schedule.
(c) They tell him to make extra deliveries on his route.
(d) They take him to a bar and get him drunk.
3. Why does Charlie have a hard time focusing on the movies when he takes Ms. Kinnian out to them?
(a) He would rather look at her.
(b) They are too loud.
(c) He keeps thinking about other things.
(d) He gets nervous in dark places like theaters.
4. How do Alice and Fay feel about each other when they meet one night at Charlie's apartment?
(a) They are annoyed by the other's presence.
(b) They like each other.
(c) They hate each other.
(d) They pretend not to see each other.
5. Where does Charlie find Algernon at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) His pocket.
(b) The maze.
(c) His cage.
(d) The ladies restroom.
6. What does Charlie's sister once almost get as a reward for an A on a test?
(a) A dog.
(b) A dress.
(c) A cake.
(d) A bike.
7. How does Fanny Biden think Charlie has become so smart all of the sudden?
(a) He made a deal with the devil.
(b) He prayed really hard.
(c) He was only pretending to be retarded before.
(d) He took some drugs.
8. Where is the conference for the International Psychological Association being held?
(b) Salt Lake.
(c) New York.
9. Why is there a two week gap in the Progress Report?
(a) Charlie is too busy reading and studying.
(b) Charlie tears up those pages as they are personal.
(c) Charlie is tired of writing.
(d) Charlie tries to quit the program.
10. What does Nemur compare Charlie's curiosity about his future to?
(a) Looking at his own coffin.
(b) Willingly drowning in sorrow.
(c) Ensuring a dark and dismal future.
(d) Watching a video of his death.
11. How do Charlie's co-workers respond to the drastic change in Charlie as he becomes more intelligent?
(a) They are hostile.
(b) They are disappointed.
(c) They are scared.
(d) They are happy.
12. How many people are housed at the Warren State Home and Training School?
13. What does Charlie want to do before he begins his research?
(a) Make love to a woman.
(b) Apologize to Alice.
(c) See his parents.
(d) Find his sister.
14. Why is Charlie not allowed to fix the errors in his earlier entries in the Progress Report?
(a) They need a record of the past.
(b) It would disrupt the process.
(c) They want to see his progress.
(d) They don't want it to upset him.
15. What present does Fay bring for Algernon one day?
(a) A tiny bow tie.
(b) A maze.
(c) A bag of peanuts.
(d) A female mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlie hesitate to turn Gimpy in when he catches him doing something wrong at the bakery?
2. What is Algernon doing when Charlie finds him at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
3. After he tells Alice he likes her, what does Charlie have a nightmare about?
4. What does Charlie build for Algernon in his own furnished apartment?
5. What does Charlie wish he could see more clearly in his past memories?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)