|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Kinnian teach Charlie about after she reads his Progress Reports?
2. What does Nemur telll Charlie not to read about until Nemur says he is ready?
3. What does Charlie do when Nemur asks him to speak to the audience at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Refuses to 'perform'.
(b) Speaks in another language.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Lets Algernon out of his cage.
4. Why is Charlie's sister denied the promised reward for her A on the history test?
(a) She fails a spelling test on the same day.
(b) She is caught cheating.
(c) She is too haughty about her success.
(d) She will not share the prize.
5. What does Charlie do after his promotion that earns him a raise at the bakery?
(a) Rearranges the machines to speed up production.
(b) Creates a new recipe for bread.
(c) Finds a new wholesaler to get supplies at half the regular cost.
(d) Puts out some good publicity and doubles the customer traffic.
6. What causes Charlie to start a fight with Nemur at the cocktail party thrown by Mrs. Nemur?
(a) He feels ignored by the people at the party.
(b) Alice says something rude to him.
(c) He hears Nemur call him a bad name.
(d) He drinks too much.
7. What does Nemur compare Charlie's curiosity about his future to?
(a) Watching a video of his death.
(b) Looking at his own coffin.
(c) Willingly drowning in sorrow.
(d) Ensuring a dark and dismal future.
8. Which of the following is NOT a name that Charlie hears his doctors calling each other during a fight?
9. What does Charlie do that causes the random woman who confronts him to scream?
(a) Grabs her shoulder.
(b) Calls her filthy.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Screams at her.
10. Why is Charlie not allowed to fix the errors in his earlier entries in the Progress Report?
(a) It would disrupt the process.
(b) They want to see his progress.
(c) They need a record of the past.
(d) They don't want it to upset him.
11. What does Charlie say he does not want to have happen to Algernon when he is shown around the lab?
(a) Denied food for lack of performance.
(b) Put down.
12. Where does Charlie go when he leaves the conference?
(b) Salt Lake.
(d) New York.
13. After he tells Alice he likes her, what does Charlie have a nightmare about?
(a) Alice with a knife.
(b) Alice with another man.
(c) Alice covered in blood.
(d) Alice laughing at him.
14. What surprises the would-be pranksters at the bakery?
(a) Charlie uses the dough mixer perfectly.
(b) Charlie checks with his boss before believing the wrong schedule.
(c) Charlie makes people very happy by giving them free bread, and they start shopping at the bakery.
(d) Charlie is well-liked at the bar.
15. Where does Charlie spend most of his time once he reaches the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) In the lab.
(b) Outside in nature.
(c) With Alice.
(d) At the college.
Short Answer Questions
1. How high is Charlie's IQ when he remembers the story about his sister and the History test?
2. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
3. When does Charlie first realize that women's bodies are different than men's?
4. Why does Charlie's mom slap him when he holds the baby?
5. What does Charlie do to calm himself when he wakes up after his nightmare about Alice on the night after he tellls her he likes her?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)