|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charlie decide to celebrate his raise at the bakery?
(a) Taking Miss Kinnian to a movie.
(b) Going drinking with the guys from the bakery.
(c) Having dinner with Ellen
(d) Buying himself a new book.
2. What did Gimpy once give Charlie after trying to teach him to make rolls?
(a) A shiny good-luck piece.
(b) A hot roll out of the oven.
(c) A dollar.
(d) An empty notebook.
3. What does the random woman say to Charlie that causes him to think she is disgusting?
(a) She is 17.
(b) She is a virgin.
(c) She is 5 months pregnant.
(d) She has an STD.
4. What does Charlie catch Gimpy doing at the bakery?
(a) Taking home old bread.
(b) Stealing money.
(c) Making smaller loafs.
(d) Overcharging the customers.
5. Where is Charlie when a random woman offers to go home with him?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Central Park.
(d) The college.
6. What do Charlie's friends from the bakery make him do with Ellen at a party?
(a) Dance with her.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Walk her home.
(d) Talk with her.
7. Why is Charlie's sister denied the promised reward for her A on the history test?
(a) She will not share the prize.
(b) She fails a spelling test on the same day.
(c) She is too haughty about her success.
(d) She is caught cheating.
8. What is Fay's occupation?
9. How do Charlie's co-workers respond to the drastic change in Charlie as he becomes more intelligent?
(a) They are disappointed.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are scared.
(d) They are hostile.
10. Who has paid for his life of comfort should Charlie regress to where he was before the procedure?
(a) Professor Nemur.
(b) The Beekman College.
(c) The Welburg Foundation.
(d) Mr. Donner.
11. What does Charlie learn about Algernon at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) He is listless and bored.
(b) His actions have become erratic.
(c) He is now the smartest mammal in creation.
(d) He is displaying a regression in intelligence.
12. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
(a) The place where all former beliefs are challenged.
(b) The place where dreams come true.
(c) The place to learn how to really live.
(d) The place where you can be free to be yourself.
13. What does Burt give Charlie on the plane to dictate his progress reports?
(a) A type-writer.
(b) A computer.
(c) A tape recorder.
(d) A leather bound book.
14. What does Charlie do during his free time at the college when his IQ reaches 100?
(a) Talks with the students.
(b) Eats at the cafeteria.
(c) Listens to the student's conversations.
(d) Watches the sporting events.
15. How many people are housed at the Warren State Home and Training School?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie spend most of his time once he reaches the peak of his intellectual abilities?
2. What is Charlie's mother's name?
3. What did Charlie give Harriet on Valentines Day when he was younger?
4. Why is there a two week gap in the Progress Report?
5. How does Fanny Biden think Charlie has become so smart all of the sudden?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)