|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Charlie think about while he is with Fay in his new apartment?
(c) His mother.
2. Who denies Charlie's sister the promised reward for the A on her History test?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her teacher.
3. How does Fanny Biden think Charlie has become so smart all of the sudden?
(a) He made a deal with the devil.
(b) He was only pretending to be retarded before.
(c) He prayed really hard.
(d) He took some drugs.
4. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
(a) When she blushes at his compliments.
(b) When she gives him good advice.
(c) When she kisses him on the cheek.
(d) When she stands up to him.
5. Why does Charlie hesitate to turn Gimpy in when he catches him doing something wrong at the bakery?
(a) Gimpy is his only true friend.
(b) Gimpy has always been nice to him.
(c) Gimpy has a family.
(d) Gimpy is his leader.
6. What are the two categories of patients at the Warren State Home and Training School?
(a) Pleasant and Unpleasant.
(b) Lucid and Unconscious.
(c) Tidy and Untidy.
(d) Active and Inactive.
7. What does Charlie catch Gimpy doing at the bakery?
(a) Stealing money.
(b) Making smaller loafs.
(c) Taking home old bread.
(d) Overcharging the customers.
8. Who observes Algernon in his old maze when Charlie returns him to the lab?
9. Who has paid for his life of comfort should Charlie regress to where he was before the procedure?
(a) Mr. Donner.
(b) Professor Nemur.
(c) The Beekman College.
(d) The Welburg Foundation.
10. Where does Charlie find Algernon at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) The ladies restroom.
(b) His pocket.
(c) The maze.
(d) His cage.
11. What is Charlie's favorite kind of book to read when his IQ reaches 100?
(d) Classic novels.
12. Why does Charlie have a hard time focusing on the movies when he takes Ms. Kinnian out to them?
(a) He keeps thinking about other things.
(b) He would rather look at her.
(c) They are too loud.
(d) He gets nervous in dark places like theaters.
13. What new position is Charlie given at the bakery after a prank is played on him by his co-workers.
(a) Dough Mixer.
(b) Delivery Supervisor.
(c) Schedule Manager.
(d) Publicity Specialist.
14. How does Charlie decide to celebrate his raise at the bakery?
(a) Buying himself a new book.
(b) Taking Miss Kinnian to a movie.
(c) Having dinner with Ellen
(d) Going drinking with the guys from the bakery.
15. What did Gimpy once give Charlie after trying to teach him to make rolls?
(a) An empty notebook.
(b) A shiny good-luck piece.
(c) A hot roll out of the oven.
(d) A dollar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a name that Charlie hears his doctors calling each other during a fight?
2. Why is Charlie not allowed to fix the errors in his earlier entries in the Progress Report?
3. Where does Charlie spend most of his time once he reaches the peak of his intellectual abilities?
4. How many people are housed at the Warren State Home and Training School?
5. After he tells Alice he likes her, what does Charlie have a nightmare about?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)