|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alice feel when she goes home after talking with Charlie when his IQ has surpassed her own?
(a) Like she is getting dumber.
(b) That she pushed him too hard.
(c) That it is unnatural.
(d) That he is being tortured.
2. What does Charlie do after his promotion that earns him a raise at the bakery?
(a) Puts out some good publicity and doubles the customer traffic.
(b) Finds a new wholesaler to get supplies at half the regular cost.
(c) Rearranges the machines to speed up production.
(d) Creates a new recipe for bread.
3. What does Charlie see when he begins to put his arm around Alice at the concert in the park?
(a) A police officer staring at him with malice.
(b) His mother coming at him with a knife.
(c) An angry boy in the bushes watching him.
(d) His sister's face.
4. Where does Charlie spend most of his time once he reaches the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) In the lab.
(b) With Alice.
(c) At the college.
(d) Outside in nature.
5. What is Charlie's favorite kind of book to read when his IQ reaches 100?
(a) Classic novels.
6. What does Charlie learn about Algernon at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) He is displaying a regression in intelligence.
(b) He is now the smartest mammal in creation.
(c) He is listless and bored.
(d) His actions have become erratic.
7. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
(a) When she kisses him on the cheek.
(b) When she gives him good advice.
(c) When she blushes at his compliments.
(d) When she stands up to him.
8. Where does Charlie find Algernon at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) His pocket.
(b) The maze.
(c) The ladies restroom.
(d) His cage.
9. What does Charlie think Nemur sees him as instead of a human being?
(a) A project.
(b) A nuisance.
(c) An obligation.
(d) A specimen.
10. What does Fay do while Charlie is away at the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) Searches for Charlie.
(b) Becomes good friends with Alice.
(c) Paints a picture of herself and Charlie.
(d) Finds a new boyfriend.
11. What does Ms. Kinnian teach Charlie about after she reads his Progress Reports?
12. Who does Charlie think about while he is with Fay in his new apartment?
(a) His mother.
13. Where is the conference for the International Psychological Association being held?
(b) New York.
(c) Salt Lake.
14. Why is Charlie's sister denied the promised reward for her A on the history test?
(a) She is caught cheating.
(b) She will not share the prize.
(c) She fails a spelling test on the same day.
(d) She is too haughty about her success.
15. What does Charlie wish he could see more clearly in his past memories?
(a) His house.
(b) His parent's faces.
(c) His surroundings.
(d) His own body.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Charlie's co-workers respond to the drastic change in Charlie as he becomes more intelligent?
2. What did Gimpy once give Charlie after trying to teach him to make rolls?
3. What is Fay's occupation?
4. When does Charlie first realize that women's bodies are different than men's?
5. What does Charlie do that angers Alice when he picks her up from the Beekman college one day?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)