|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charlie have a hard time focusing on the movies when he takes Ms. Kinnian out to them?
(a) He would rather look at her.
(b) He keeps thinking about other things.
(c) They are too loud.
(d) He gets nervous in dark places like theaters.
2. What does Charlie catch Gimpy doing at the bakery?
(a) Overcharging the customers.
(b) Making smaller loafs.
(c) Taking home old bread.
(d) Stealing money.
3. Which of the following is NOT a word which Charlie uses to describe a stage of his relationship with Alice?
4. Where is Charlie when a random woman offers to go home with him?
(a) The college.
(b) The hospital.
(c) Central Park.
(d) A restaurant.
5. Where is the conference for the International Psychological Association being held?
(a) Salt Lake.
(c) New York.
6. What is Algernon doing when Charlie finds him at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Bashing himself against the wall.
(b) Running the maze backwards with his eyes closed.
(c) Staring in the mirror.
(d) Sleeping peacefully.
7. Who has paid for his life of comfort should Charlie regress to where he was before the procedure?
(a) Professor Nemur.
(b) The Welburg Foundation.
(c) Mr. Donner.
(d) The Beekman College.
8. Where does Charlie go when he leaves the conference?
(b) New York.
(d) Salt Lake.
9. When Charlie was younger, who pushed to keep Charlie in the normal public school system?
(a) His mother.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
10. What kind of a joke do Charlie's friends at the bakery play on him?
(a) They tell him to make extra deliveries on his route.
(b) They tell him to use the dough mixer.
(c) They take him to a bar and get him drunk.
(d) They give him the wrong work schedule.
11. How does Professor Nemur respond to Charlie's return to the lab after his time in his own apartment?
(a) His is immensely relieved.
(b) He is cold and severe.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is angry, but satisfied.
12. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
(a) When she gives him good advice.
(b) When she stands up to him.
(c) When she kisses him on the cheek.
(d) When she blushes at his compliments.
13. What do Charlie's friends from the bakery make him do with Ellen at a party?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Dance with her.
(c) Talk with her.
(d) Walk her home.
14. Why is there a two week gap in the Progress Report?
(a) Charlie tries to quit the program.
(b) Charlie is tired of writing.
(c) Charlie tears up those pages as they are personal.
(d) Charlie is too busy reading and studying.
15. When does Charlie first realize that women's bodies are different than men's?
(a) When he sees Norma in the shower.
(b) When he sees his mother changing.
(c) When he sees an old woman being bathed.
(d) When he is shown a dirty magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Charlie be sent if the procedure does cause him to regress?
2. What causes Charlie to start a fight with Nemur at the cocktail party thrown by Mrs. Nemur?
3. What does Nemur say during the conference that enrages Charlie?
4. What is Fay's occupation?
5. What was Charlie's father's occupation?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)