|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie want to do before he begins his research?
(a) Make love to a woman.
(b) See his parents.
(c) Apologize to Alice.
(d) Find his sister.
2. What does Charlie do that causes the random woman who confronts him to scream?
(a) Screams at her.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Calls her filthy.
(d) Grabs her shoulder.
3. Which of the following is NOT a word which Charlie uses to describe a stage of his relationship with Alice?
4. Which of the following is NOT a name that Charlie hears his doctors calling each other during a fight?
5. How does Charlie decide to celebrate his raise at the bakery?
(a) Taking Miss Kinnian to a movie.
(b) Buying himself a new book.
(c) Having dinner with Ellen
(d) Going drinking with the guys from the bakery.
6. When does Charlie first realize that women's bodies are different than men's?
(a) When he is shown a dirty magazine.
(b) When he sees his mother changing.
(c) When he sees an old woman being bathed.
(d) When he sees Norma in the shower.
7. What does Charlie think of his sister when she is first brought home from the hospital?
(a) She cries a lot.
(b) She is like a little doll.
(c) She is perfect and warm.
(d) She is ugly.
8. What does the random woman say to Charlie that causes him to think she is disgusting?
(a) She is 5 months pregnant.
(b) She is a virgin.
(c) She has an STD.
(d) She is 17.
9. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
(a) When she stands up to him.
(b) When she kisses him on the cheek.
(c) When she gives him good advice.
(d) When she blushes at his compliments.
10. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
(a) The place to learn how to really live.
(b) The place where all former beliefs are challenged.
(c) The place where dreams come true.
(d) The place where you can be free to be yourself.
11. What does Charlie say he does not want to have happen to Algernon when he is shown around the lab?
(a) Put down.
(b) Denied food for lack of performance.
12. Where did Norma think his brother was before she was contacted about the surgery?
(b) An institution.
(c) With her uncle.
13. What does Charlie do during his free time at the college when his IQ reaches 100?
(a) Watches the sporting events.
(b) Talks with the students.
(c) Listens to the student's conversations.
(d) Eats at the cafeteria.
14. Where does Charlie go when he leaves the conference?
(a) New York.
(d) Salt Lake.
15. What happens after the woman that confronts Charlie screams in response to what he does to her?
(a) Charlie has a flash-back memory of his family.
(b) Charlie sees a halucination of a little boy again.
(c) The woman cries.
(d) A crowd chases after him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie promise himself he will do the next time he is out with Alice after he tells her he likes her?
2. What does Burt give Charlie on the plane to dictate his progress reports?
3. How does Alice feel when she goes home after talking with Charlie when his IQ has surpassed her own?
4. Why does Charlie hesitate to turn Gimpy in when he catches him doing something wrong at the bakery?
5. Why is Charlie not allowed to fix the errors in his earlier entries in the Progress Report?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)