|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gimpy once give Charlie after trying to teach him to make rolls?
(a) A shiny good-luck piece.
(b) A hot roll out of the oven.
(c) A dollar.
(d) An empty notebook.
2. What happens after the woman that confronts Charlie screams in response to what he does to her?
(a) A crowd chases after him.
(b) Charlie sees a halucination of a little boy again.
(c) Charlie has a flash-back memory of his family.
(d) The woman cries.
3. What is Fay's occupation?
4. What are the two categories of patients at the Warren State Home and Training School?
(a) Pleasant and Unpleasant.
(b) Active and Inactive.
(c) Lucid and Unconscious.
(d) Tidy and Untidy.
5. How do Charlie's co-workers respond to the drastic change in Charlie as he becomes more intelligent?
(a) They are hostile.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) They are scared.
6. What does Charlie see when he begins to put his arm around Alice at the concert in the park?
(a) A police officer staring at him with malice.
(b) An angry boy in the bushes watching him.
(c) His sister's face.
(d) His mother coming at him with a knife.
7. What does Charlie do to calm himself when he wakes up after his nightmare about Alice on the night after he tellls her he likes her?
(a) Drinks some coffee.
(b) Smokes a pipe.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Takes a walk.
8. Where is the conference for the International Psychological Association being held?
(b) Salt Lake.
(c) New York.
9. Why is there a two week gap in the Progress Report?
(a) Charlie is tired of writing.
(b) Charlie tears up those pages as they are personal.
(c) Charlie is too busy reading and studying.
(d) Charlie tries to quit the program.
10. What new position is Charlie given at the bakery after a prank is played on him by his co-workers.
(a) Dough Mixer.
(b) Delivery Supervisor.
(c) Schedule Manager.
(d) Publicity Specialist.
11. After he tells Alice he likes her, what does Charlie have a nightmare about?
(a) Alice laughing at him.
(b) Alice with a knife.
(c) Alice covered in blood.
(d) Alice with another man.
12. How does Charlie pretend to be a student at the college once his IQ hits 100?
(a) Carries a backpack.
(b) Sits in on classes.
(c) Writes nonsense in a notebook.
(d) Carries books around campus.
13. What is Charlie's father's occupation when he finds him after moving into his own apartment?
14. What does Fay do while Charlie is away at the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) Becomes good friends with Alice.
(b) Finds a new boyfriend.
(c) Paints a picture of herself and Charlie.
(d) Searches for Charlie.
15. When Charlie was younger, who pushed to keep Charlie in the normal public school system?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a joke do Charlie's friends at the bakery play on him?
2. Where does Charlie go when he leaves the conference?
3. Where does Charlie spend most of his time once he reaches the peak of his intellectual abilities?
4. What does Charlie do after his promotion that earns him a raise at the bakery?
5. What does Charlie do when Nemur asks him to speak to the audience at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)