|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Charlie was younger, who pushed to keep Charlie in the normal public school system?
(a) His sister.
(b) His uncle.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. Where is the conference for the International Psychological Association being held?
(b) New York.
(c) Salt Lake.
3. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
(a) Seeing his low pay for his work at the bakery.
(b) Seeing the low rate of growth in his abilities.
(c) Reading the reviews given him by his therapist.
(d) Reading about the treatment Charlie receives from the people at the bakery.
4. Why does Charlie's mom slap him when he holds the baby?
(a) Charlie is holding her wrong.
(b) She is afraid he will hurt the baby.
(c) She is always cruel to Charlie.
(d) Charlie is rough with everything.
5. What does Charlie catch Gimpy doing at the bakery?
(a) Taking home old bread.
(b) Making smaller loafs.
(c) Stealing money.
(d) Overcharging the customers.
6. What does Charlie promise himself he will do the next time he is out with Alice after he tells her he likes her?
(a) Pretend he never said those things.
(b) Ignore his funny feelings.
(c) Explain himself.
(d) Kiss her.
7. What did Charlie give Harriet on Valentines Day when he was younger?
(a) A locket.
(b) A cake.
(c) A poem.
(d) A picture frame.
8. How do Alice and Fay feel about each other when they meet one night at Charlie's apartment?
(a) They are annoyed by the other's presence.
(b) They like each other.
(c) They pretend not to see each other.
(d) They hate each other.
9. What does Charlie wish he could see more clearly in his past memories?
(a) His house.
(b) His parent's faces.
(c) His surroundings.
(d) His own body.
10. What does Charlie do during his free time at the college when his IQ reaches 100?
(a) Watches the sporting events.
(b) Listens to the student's conversations.
(c) Eats at the cafeteria.
(d) Talks with the students.
11. What surprises the would-be pranksters at the bakery?
(a) Charlie makes people very happy by giving them free bread, and they start shopping at the bakery.
(b) Charlie is well-liked at the bar.
(c) Charlie checks with his boss before believing the wrong schedule.
(d) Charlie uses the dough mixer perfectly.
12. Why does Charlie hesitate to turn Gimpy in when he catches him doing something wrong at the bakery?
(a) Gimpy is his only true friend.
(b) Gimpy has a family.
(c) Gimpy is his leader.
(d) Gimpy has always been nice to him.
13. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
(a) When she stands up to him.
(b) When she blushes at his compliments.
(c) When she kisses him on the cheek.
(d) When she gives him good advice.
14. Who observes Algernon in his old maze when Charlie returns him to the lab?
15. How many people are housed at the Warren State Home and Training School?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie's father's occupation when he finds him after moving into his own apartment?
2. What does Charlie do to fit in and look smart once his IQ reaches 100 even though he knows it is silly?
3. How does Fanny Biden think Charlie has become so smart all of the sudden?
4. What does Charlie see when he begins to put his arm around Alice at the concert in the park?
5. What does Burt give Charlie on the plane to dictate his progress reports?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)