|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie promise himself he will do the next time he is out with Alice after he tells her he likes her?
(a) Pretend he never said those things.
(b) Ignore his funny feelings.
(c) Explain himself.
(d) Kiss her.
2. Why is Charlie not allowed to fix the errors in his earlier entries in the Progress Report?
(a) It would disrupt the process.
(b) They don't want it to upset him.
(c) They need a record of the past.
(d) They want to see his progress.
3. Why does Charlie hesitate to turn Gimpy in when he catches him doing something wrong at the bakery?
(a) Gimpy is his only true friend.
(b) Gimpy has always been nice to him.
(c) Gimpy has a family.
(d) Gimpy is his leader.
4. What does Charlie do to fit in and look smart once his IQ reaches 100 even though he knows it is silly?
(a) Wears University themed clothing.
(b) Smokes a pipe.
(c) Wears his hats backwards.
(d) Takes a dance class.
5. What does Nemur compare Charlie's curiosity about his future to?
(a) Willingly drowning in sorrow.
(b) Ensuring a dark and dismal future.
(c) Looking at his own coffin.
(d) Watching a video of his death.
6. What is Charlie's father's occupation when he finds him after moving into his own apartment?
7. Where does Charlie find Algernon at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) The maze.
(b) His cage.
(c) His pocket.
(d) The ladies restroom.
8. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
(a) The place where dreams come true.
(b) The place where all former beliefs are challenged.
(c) The place to learn how to really live.
(d) The place where you can be free to be yourself.
9. Where did Norma think his brother was before she was contacted about the surgery?
(b) With her uncle.
(c) An institution.
10. What does Charlie want to do before he begins his research?
(a) Apologize to Alice.
(b) Make love to a woman.
(c) See his parents.
(d) Find his sister.
11. What frustrates Nemur at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Charlie is silent and sulky the whole time.
(b) People ask Charlie about the experiment instead of him.
(c) Charlie keeps leaving the area.
(d) Charlie knows more of the research material than he does.
12. Who does Charlie think about while he is with Fay in his new apartment?
(d) His mother.
13. How does Charlie pretend to be a student at the college once his IQ hits 100?
(a) Sits in on classes.
(b) Carries books around campus.
(c) Writes nonsense in a notebook.
(d) Carries a backpack.
14. Who denies Charlie's sister the promised reward for the A on her History test?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her teacher.
15. Why is there a two week gap in the Progress Report?
(a) Charlie is tired of writing.
(b) Charlie tears up those pages as they are personal.
(c) Charlie tries to quit the program.
(d) Charlie is too busy reading and studying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie go when he leaves the conference?
2. How does Charlie decide to celebrate his raise at the bakery?
3. What does Charlie do to spoil the evening when he tells Alice that he likes her?
4. What does Charlie learn about Algernon at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
5. Where will Charlie be sent if the procedure does cause him to regress?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)