|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie's father's occupation when he finds him after moving into his own apartment?
2. What does Charlie catch Gimpy doing at the bakery?
(a) Taking home old bread.
(b) Making smaller loafs.
(c) Stealing money.
(d) Overcharging the customers.
3. Why does Charlie have a hard time focusing on the movies when he takes Ms. Kinnian out to them?
(a) He would rather look at her.
(b) He gets nervous in dark places like theaters.
(c) He keeps thinking about other things.
(d) They are too loud.
4. How does Professor Nemur respond to Charlie's return to the lab after his time in his own apartment?
(a) He is cold and severe.
(b) His is immensely relieved.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) He is angry, but satisfied.
5. What is Algernon doing when Charlie finds him at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Running the maze backwards with his eyes closed.
(b) Staring in the mirror.
(c) Sleeping peacefully.
(d) Bashing himself against the wall.
6. What is Fay's occupation?
7. Where does Charlie spend most of his time once he reaches the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) In the lab.
(b) Outside in nature.
(c) At the college.
(d) With Alice.
8. How does Alice feel when she goes home after talking with Charlie when his IQ has surpassed her own?
(a) That she pushed him too hard.
(b) That he is being tortured.
(c) Like she is getting dumber.
(d) That it is unnatural.
9. Which of the following is NOT a word which Charlie uses to describe a stage of his relationship with Alice?
10. What new position is Charlie given at the bakery after a prank is played on him by his co-workers.
(a) Dough Mixer.
(b) Publicity Specialist.
(c) Schedule Manager.
(d) Delivery Supervisor.
11. How does Charlie pretend to be a student at the college once his IQ hits 100?
(a) Sits in on classes.
(b) Writes nonsense in a notebook.
(c) Carries books around campus.
(d) Carries a backpack.
12. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
(a) The place where you can be free to be yourself.
(b) The place where all former beliefs are challenged.
(c) The place where dreams come true.
(d) The place to learn how to really live.
13. What does Charlie build for Algernon in his own furnished apartment?
(a) A house.
(b) A running wheel.
(c) A cage.
(d) A maze.
14. What does Charlie realize about his childhood while he is at the party with Ellen?
(a) Kids were cruel to him when they tripped him at recess.
(b) Kids would make fun of the way he talked when he thought they were his friends.
(c) Kids would play tricks on him when they played hide and seek.
(d) Kids would steal his lunch and laugh at him.
15. How many people are housed at the Warren State Home and Training School?
Short Answer Questions
1. After he tells Alice he likes her, what does Charlie have a nightmare about?
2. What are the two categories of patients at the Warren State Home and Training School?
3. What does Charlie say he does not want to have happen to Algernon when he is shown around the lab?
4. What kind of a joke do Charlie's friends at the bakery play on him?
5. What does Charlie do that angers Alice when he picks her up from the Beekman college one day?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)