|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Charlie's friends from the bakery make him do with Ellen at a party?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Walk her home.
(c) Talk with her.
(d) Dance with her.
2. What does Charlie wish he could see more clearly in his past memories?
(a) His parent's faces.
(b) His house.
(c) His surroundings.
(d) His own body.
3. How do Charlie's co-workers respond to the drastic change in Charlie as he becomes more intelligent?
(a) They are scared.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They are hostile.
(d) They are disappointed.
4. What does Charlie see when he begins to put his arm around Alice at the concert in the park?
(a) His sister's face.
(b) A police officer staring at him with malice.
(c) His mother coming at him with a knife.
(d) An angry boy in the bushes watching him.
5. Who observes Algernon in his old maze when Charlie returns him to the lab?
6. What does Charlie promise himself he will do the next time he is out with Alice after he tells her he likes her?
(a) Explain himself.
(b) Pretend he never said those things.
(c) Ignore his funny feelings.
(d) Kiss her.
7. Where does Charlie find Algernon at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) The ladies restroom.
(b) His pocket.
(c) The maze.
(d) His cage.
8. What causes Charlie to start a fight with Nemur at the cocktail party thrown by Mrs. Nemur?
(a) Alice says something rude to him.
(b) He hears Nemur call him a bad name.
(c) He feels ignored by the people at the party.
(d) He drinks too much.
9. Which of the following is NOT a name that Charlie hears his doctors calling each other during a fight?
10. What does Charlie do to calm himself when he wakes up after his nightmare about Alice on the night after he tellls her he likes her?
(a) Drinks some coffee.
(b) Reads a book.
(c) Takes a walk.
(d) Smokes a pipe.
11. What frustrates Nemur at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Charlie knows more of the research material than he does.
(b) Charlie keeps leaving the area.
(c) Charlie is silent and sulky the whole time.
(d) People ask Charlie about the experiment instead of him.
12. Which of the following is NOT a word which Charlie uses to describe a stage of his relationship with Alice?
13. How does Alice feel when she goes home after talking with Charlie when his IQ has surpassed her own?
(a) That it is unnatural.
(b) That she pushed him too hard.
(c) That he is being tortured.
(d) Like she is getting dumber.
14. What does Burt give Charlie on the plane to dictate his progress reports?
(a) A leather bound book.
(b) A computer.
(c) A tape recorder.
(d) A type-writer.
15. What surprises the would-be pranksters at the bakery?
(a) Charlie makes people very happy by giving them free bread, and they start shopping at the bakery.
(b) Charlie uses the dough mixer perfectly.
(c) Charlie is well-liked at the bar.
(d) Charlie checks with his boss before believing the wrong schedule.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie's mother's name?
2. After he tells Alice he likes her, what does Charlie have a nightmare about?
3. What does Charlie do to fit in and look smart once his IQ reaches 100 even though he knows it is silly?
4. How does Charlie decide to celebrate his raise at the bakery?
5. What was Charlie's father's occupation?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)