|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie do that causes the random woman who confronts him to scream?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Calls her filthy.
(c) Grabs her shoulder.
(d) Screams at her.
2. Where is Charlie when a random woman offers to go home with him?
(a) The college.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) Central Park.
(d) The hospital.
3. Where will Charlie be sent if the procedure does cause him to regress?
(a) His uncle's house.
(b) The Warren Home.
(c) The pyschiatric wing of the hospital.
(d) His mother's house.
4. When does Charlie first realize that women's bodies are different than men's?
(a) When he sees an old woman being bathed.
(b) When he sees Norma in the shower.
(c) When he is shown a dirty magazine.
(d) When he sees his mother changing.
5. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
(a) Seeing the low rate of growth in his abilities.
(b) Seeing his low pay for his work at the bakery.
(c) Reading the reviews given him by his therapist.
(d) Reading about the treatment Charlie receives from the people at the bakery.
6. What does Charlie realize about his childhood while he is at the party with Ellen?
(a) Kids were cruel to him when they tripped him at recess.
(b) Kids would steal his lunch and laugh at him.
(c) Kids would play tricks on him when they played hide and seek.
(d) Kids would make fun of the way he talked when he thought they were his friends.
7. What kind of a joke do Charlie's friends at the bakery play on him?
(a) They take him to a bar and get him drunk.
(b) They tell him to use the dough mixer.
(c) They tell him to make extra deliveries on his route.
(d) They give him the wrong work schedule.
8. What does Nemur say during the conference that enrages Charlie?
(a) Charlie was a useless human being.
(b) Charlie owes his quality of life to science.
(c) Charlie will never regret his work with Nemur.
(d) Charlie did not have a life worth living until he was smart.
9. What does Charlie do to fit in and look smart once his IQ reaches 100 even though he knows it is silly?
(a) Takes a dance class.
(b) Wears University themed clothing.
(c) Smokes a pipe.
(d) Wears his hats backwards.
10. What is Charlie's father's occupation when he finds him after moving into his own apartment?
11. Where is the conference for the International Psychological Association being held?
(b) Salt Lake.
(c) New York.
12. After he tells Alice he likes her, what does Charlie have a nightmare about?
(a) Alice with another man.
(b) Alice covered in blood.
(c) Alice laughing at him.
(d) Alice with a knife.
13. What is Charlie's favorite kind of book to read when his IQ reaches 100?
(a) Classic novels.
14. How does Fanny Biden think Charlie has become so smart all of the sudden?
(a) He took some drugs.
(b) He made a deal with the devil.
(c) He prayed really hard.
(d) He was only pretending to be retarded before.
15. What does Charlie want to do before he begins his research?
(a) Apologize to Alice.
(b) See his parents.
(c) Make love to a woman.
(d) Find his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Charlie not allowed to fix the errors in his earlier entries in the Progress Report?
2. What new position is Charlie given at the bakery after a prank is played on him by his co-workers.
3. Why is Charlie's sister denied the promised reward for her A on the history test?
4. How does Professor Nemur respond to Charlie's return to the lab after his time in his own apartment?
5. Where did Norma think his brother was before she was contacted about the surgery?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)