|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is there a two week gap in the Progress Report?
(a) Charlie tries to quit the program.
(b) Charlie is tired of writing.
(c) Charlie tears up those pages as they are personal.
(d) Charlie is too busy reading and studying.
2. What does Charlie do that causes the random woman who confronts him to scream?
(a) Calls her filthy.
(b) Grabs her shoulder.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Screams at her.
3. What does Charlie do after his promotion that earns him a raise at the bakery?
(a) Puts out some good publicity and doubles the customer traffic.
(b) Creates a new recipe for bread.
(c) Rearranges the machines to speed up production.
(d) Finds a new wholesaler to get supplies at half the regular cost.
4. What did Charlie give Harriet on Valentines Day when he was younger?
(a) A locket.
(b) A picture frame.
(c) A cake.
(d) A poem.
5. Which of the following is NOT a word which Charlie uses to describe a stage of his relationship with Alice?
6. What does Charlie's sister once almost get as a reward for an A on a test?
(a) A cake.
(b) A dog.
(c) A dress.
(d) A bike.
7. What happens after the woman that confronts Charlie screams in response to what he does to her?
(a) Charlie sees a halucination of a little boy again.
(b) A crowd chases after him.
(c) The woman cries.
(d) Charlie has a flash-back memory of his family.
8. What does Charlie catch Gimpy doing at the bakery?
(a) Overcharging the customers.
(b) Taking home old bread.
(c) Stealing money.
(d) Making smaller loafs.
9. What does Charlie realize about his childhood while he is at the party with Ellen?
(a) Kids would steal his lunch and laugh at him.
(b) Kids would make fun of the way he talked when he thought they were his friends.
(c) Kids were cruel to him when they tripped him at recess.
(d) Kids would play tricks on him when they played hide and seek.
10. How high is Charlie's IQ when he remembers the story about his sister and the History test?
11. How do Alice and Fay feel about each other when they meet one night at Charlie's apartment?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They pretend not to see each other.
(c) They are annoyed by the other's presence.
(d) They like each other.
12. Where will Charlie be sent if the procedure does cause him to regress?
(a) The pyschiatric wing of the hospital.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) His uncle's house.
(d) The Warren Home.
13. What does Nemur compare Charlie's curiosity about his future to?
(a) Ensuring a dark and dismal future.
(b) Looking at his own coffin.
(c) Willingly drowning in sorrow.
(d) Watching a video of his death.
14. Where does Charlie spend most of his time once he reaches the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) Outside in nature.
(b) With Alice.
(c) In the lab.
(d) At the college.
15. Where does Charlie go when he leaves the conference?
(b) New York.
(d) Salt Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie pretend to be a student at the college once his IQ hits 100?
2. Where is the conference for the International Psychological Association being held?
3. What does Charlie wish he could see more clearly in his past memories?
4. How does Charlie decide to celebrate his raise at the bakery?
5. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)