|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frustrates Nemur at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Charlie keeps leaving the area.
(b) Charlie is silent and sulky the whole time.
(c) Charlie knows more of the research material than he does.
(d) People ask Charlie about the experiment instead of him.
2. What does Charlie's sister once almost get as a reward for an A on a test?
(a) A cake.
(b) A bike.
(c) A dress.
(d) A dog.
3. What does Nemur say during the conference that enrages Charlie?
(a) Charlie was a useless human being.
(b) Charlie did not have a life worth living until he was smart.
(c) Charlie owes his quality of life to science.
(d) Charlie will never regret his work with Nemur.
4. What does Nemur compare Charlie's curiosity about his future to?
(a) Willingly drowning in sorrow.
(b) Watching a video of his death.
(c) Ensuring a dark and dismal future.
(d) Looking at his own coffin.
5. What is Algernon doing when Charlie finds him at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Bashing himself against the wall.
(b) Sleeping peacefully.
(c) Staring in the mirror.
(d) Running the maze backwards with his eyes closed.
6. How does Fanny Biden think Charlie has become so smart all of the sudden?
(a) He made a deal with the devil.
(b) He prayed really hard.
(c) He was only pretending to be retarded before.
(d) He took some drugs.
7. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
(a) When she kisses him on the cheek.
(b) When she blushes at his compliments.
(c) When she stands up to him.
(d) When she gives him good advice.
8. How does Charlie decide to celebrate his raise at the bakery?
(a) Taking Miss Kinnian to a movie.
(b) Going drinking with the guys from the bakery.
(c) Buying himself a new book.
(d) Having dinner with Ellen
9. What does Charlie build for Algernon in his own furnished apartment?
(a) A running wheel.
(b) A maze.
(c) A house.
(d) A cage.
10. Who has paid for his life of comfort should Charlie regress to where he was before the procedure?
(a) Professor Nemur.
(b) Mr. Donner.
(c) The Welburg Foundation.
(d) The Beekman College.
11. Where does Charlie go when he leaves the conference?
(c) New York.
(d) Salt Lake.
12. What does Fay do while Charlie is away at the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) Paints a picture of herself and Charlie.
(b) Searches for Charlie.
(c) Finds a new boyfriend.
(d) Becomes good friends with Alice.
13. What does the random woman say to Charlie that causes him to think she is disgusting?
(a) She is 17.
(b) She has an STD.
(c) She is a virgin.
(d) She is 5 months pregnant.
14. What does Charlie see when he begins to put his arm around Alice at the concert in the park?
(a) His sister's face.
(b) A police officer staring at him with malice.
(c) His mother coming at him with a knife.
(d) An angry boy in the bushes watching him.
15. Who denies Charlie's sister the promised reward for the A on her History test?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Charlie's sister denied the promised reward for her A on the history test?
2. What was Charlie's father's occupation?
3. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
4. Why is Charlie not allowed to fix the errors in his earlier entries in the Progress Report?
5. What does Charlie do that causes the random woman who confronts him to scream?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)