|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie learn about Algernon at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) He is displaying a regression in intelligence.
(b) His actions have become erratic.
(c) He is listless and bored.
(d) He is now the smartest mammal in creation.
2. What frustrates Nemur at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Charlie knows more of the research material than he does.
(b) People ask Charlie about the experiment instead of him.
(c) Charlie is silent and sulky the whole time.
(d) Charlie keeps leaving the area.
3. What does Nemur telll Charlie not to read about until Nemur says he is ready?
4. What is Charlie's father's occupation when he finds him after moving into his own apartment?
5. Who denies Charlie's sister the promised reward for the A on her History test?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
6. What does Charlie think of his sister when she is first brought home from the hospital?
(a) She is like a little doll.
(b) She cries a lot.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She is perfect and warm.
7. When Charlie was younger, who pushed to keep Charlie in the normal public school system?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
8. How does Fanny Biden think Charlie has become so smart all of the sudden?
(a) He took some drugs.
(b) He made a deal with the devil.
(c) He prayed really hard.
(d) He was only pretending to be retarded before.
9. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
(a) Seeing his low pay for his work at the bakery.
(b) Seeing the low rate of growth in his abilities.
(c) Reading about the treatment Charlie receives from the people at the bakery.
(d) Reading the reviews given him by his therapist.
10. What is Fay's occupation?
11. Where will Charlie be sent if the procedure does cause him to regress?
(a) The pyschiatric wing of the hospital.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) His uncle's house.
(d) The Warren Home.
12. What does the random woman say to Charlie that causes him to think she is disgusting?
(a) She is a virgin.
(b) She is 5 months pregnant.
(c) She has an STD.
(d) She is 17.
13. What present does Fay bring for Algernon one day?
(a) A tiny bow tie.
(b) A bag of peanuts.
(c) A maze.
(d) A female mouse.
14. After he tells Alice he likes her, what does Charlie have a nightmare about?
(a) Alice with a knife.
(b) Alice with another man.
(c) Alice laughing at him.
(d) Alice covered in blood.
15. What did Charlie give Harriet on Valentines Day when he was younger?
(a) A cake.
(b) A poem.
(c) A picture frame.
(d) A locket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie realize about his childhood while he is at the party with Ellen?
2. Where is Charlie when a random woman offers to go home with him?
3. How does Charlie pretend to be a student at the college once his IQ hits 100?
4. What does Charlie promise himself he will do the next time he is out with Alice after he tells her he likes her?
5. How many people are housed at the Warren State Home and Training School?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)