|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Charlie's co-workers respond to the drastic change in Charlie as he becomes more intelligent?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They are hostile.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) They are scared.
2. Why is there a two week gap in the Progress Report?
(a) Charlie tries to quit the program.
(b) Charlie tears up those pages as they are personal.
(c) Charlie is tired of writing.
(d) Charlie is too busy reading and studying.
3. What does Charlie do during his free time at the college when his IQ reaches 100?
(a) Listens to the student's conversations.
(b) Watches the sporting events.
(c) Talks with the students.
(d) Eats at the cafeteria.
4. How many people are housed at the Warren State Home and Training School?
5. Where is the conference for the International Psychological Association being held?
(a) Salt Lake.
(c) New York.
6. Which of the following is NOT a name that Charlie hears his doctors calling each other during a fight?
7. What does Charlie see when he begins to put his arm around Alice at the concert in the park?
(a) His sister's face.
(b) An angry boy in the bushes watching him.
(c) A police officer staring at him with malice.
(d) His mother coming at him with a knife.
8. What does Charlie do when Nemur asks him to speak to the audience at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Lets Algernon out of his cage.
(b) Refuses to 'perform'.
(c) Speaks in another language.
(d) Runs away.
9. What does Charlie think of his sister when she is first brought home from the hospital?
(a) She cries a lot.
(b) She is like a little doll.
(c) She is ugly.
(d) She is perfect and warm.
10. What is Charlie's father's occupation when he finds him after moving into his own apartment?
11. What does Charlie think Nemur sees him as instead of a human being?
(a) An obligation.
(b) A project.
(c) A specimen.
(d) A nuisance.
12. What is Charlie's favorite kind of book to read when his IQ reaches 100?
(b) Classic novels.
13. Why is Charlie not allowed to fix the errors in his earlier entries in the Progress Report?
(a) They don't want it to upset him.
(b) They need a record of the past.
(c) They want to see his progress.
(d) It would disrupt the process.
14. What did Gimpy once give Charlie after trying to teach him to make rolls?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A shiny good-luck piece.
(c) A hot roll out of the oven.
(d) An empty notebook.
15. What does Fay do while Charlie is away at the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) Finds a new boyfriend.
(b) Becomes good friends with Alice.
(c) Searches for Charlie.
(d) Paints a picture of herself and Charlie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie do that angers Alice when he picks her up from the Beekman college one day?
2. What does Charlie do to calm himself when he wakes up after his nightmare about Alice on the night after he tellls her he likes her?
3. What frustrates Nemur at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
4. What does Charlie wish he could see more clearly in his past memories?
5. How does Professor Nemur respond to Charlie's return to the lab after his time in his own apartment?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)