|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Charlie's co-workers respond to the drastic change in Charlie as he becomes more intelligent?
(a) They are hostile.
(b) They are scared.
(c) They are happy.
(d) They are disappointed.
2. What are the two categories of patients at the Warren State Home and Training School?
(a) Pleasant and Unpleasant.
(b) Lucid and Unconscious.
(c) Tidy and Untidy.
(d) Active and Inactive.
3. What does Charlie build for Algernon in his own furnished apartment?
(a) A running wheel.
(b) A cage.
(c) A house.
(d) A maze.
4. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
(a) The place where all former beliefs are challenged.
(b) The place where dreams come true.
(c) The place to learn how to really live.
(d) The place where you can be free to be yourself.
5. What is Charlie's favorite kind of book to read when his IQ reaches 100?
(d) Classic novels.
6. Who denies Charlie's sister the promised reward for the A on her History test?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her teacher.
(d) Her father.
7. What was Charlie's father's occupation?
(b) Selling barbershop supplies.
8. What does Charlie learn about Algernon at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) His actions have become erratic.
(b) He is listless and bored.
(c) He is displaying a regression in intelligence.
(d) He is now the smartest mammal in creation.
9. What frustrates Nemur at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Charlie knows more of the research material than he does.
(b) Charlie is silent and sulky the whole time.
(c) Charlie keeps leaving the area.
(d) People ask Charlie about the experiment instead of him.
10. What does Charlie wish he could see more clearly in his past memories?
(a) His surroundings.
(b) His house.
(c) His own body.
(d) His parent's faces.
11. What does Burt give Charlie on the plane to dictate his progress reports?
(a) A tape recorder.
(b) A leather bound book.
(c) A computer.
(d) A type-writer.
12. What does Nemur compare Charlie's curiosity about his future to?
(a) Looking at his own coffin.
(b) Willingly drowning in sorrow.
(c) Ensuring a dark and dismal future.
(d) Watching a video of his death.
13. What causes Charlie to start a fight with Nemur at the cocktail party thrown by Mrs. Nemur?
(a) Alice says something rude to him.
(b) He drinks too much.
(c) He hears Nemur call him a bad name.
(d) He feels ignored by the people at the party.
14. Why is Charlie not allowed to fix the errors in his earlier entries in the Progress Report?
(a) They need a record of the past.
(b) They don't want it to upset him.
(c) It would disrupt the process.
(d) They want to see his progress.
15. What does Charlie catch Gimpy doing at the bakery?
(a) Stealing money.
(b) Taking home old bread.
(c) Overcharging the customers.
(d) Making smaller loafs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie do when Nemur asks him to speak to the audience at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
2. What surprises the would-be pranksters at the bakery?
3. What new position is Charlie given at the bakery after a prank is played on him by his co-workers.
4. Where does Charlie find Algernon at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
5. What does Fay do while Charlie is away at the peak of his intellectual abilities?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)