|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie think of his sister when she is first brought home from the hospital?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is like a little doll.
(c) She cries a lot.
(d) She is perfect and warm.
2. What does Charlie want to do before he begins his research?
(a) See his parents.
(b) Apologize to Alice.
(c) Make love to a woman.
(d) Find his sister.
3. After he tells Alice he likes her, what does Charlie have a nightmare about?
(a) Alice with another man.
(b) Alice laughing at him.
(c) Alice covered in blood.
(d) Alice with a knife.
4. What does Charlie realize about his childhood while he is at the party with Ellen?
(a) Kids would make fun of the way he talked when he thought they were his friends.
(b) Kids were cruel to him when they tripped him at recess.
(c) Kids would play tricks on him when they played hide and seek.
(d) Kids would steal his lunch and laugh at him.
5. Why is there a two week gap in the Progress Report?
(a) Charlie tears up those pages as they are personal.
(b) Charlie tries to quit the program.
(c) Charlie is too busy reading and studying.
(d) Charlie is tired of writing.
6. How do Alice and Fay feel about each other when they meet one night at Charlie's apartment?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) They are annoyed by the other's presence.
(c) They pretend not to see each other.
(d) They like each other.
7. When does Charlie first realize that women's bodies are different than men's?
(a) When he sees an old woman being bathed.
(b) When he sees his mother changing.
(c) When he is shown a dirty magazine.
(d) When he sees Norma in the shower.
8. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
(a) The place to learn how to really live.
(b) The place where dreams come true.
(c) The place where all former beliefs are challenged.
(d) The place where you can be free to be yourself.
9. What does Fay do while Charlie is away at the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) Searches for Charlie.
(b) Finds a new boyfriend.
(c) Paints a picture of herself and Charlie.
(d) Becomes good friends with Alice.
10. What does Charlie build for Algernon in his own furnished apartment?
(a) A running wheel.
(b) A cage.
(c) A maze.
(d) A house.
11. Where does Charlie go when he leaves the conference?
(a) Salt Lake.
(d) New York.
12. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
(a) Reading about the treatment Charlie receives from the people at the bakery.
(b) Seeing his low pay for his work at the bakery.
(c) Seeing the low rate of growth in his abilities.
(d) Reading the reviews given him by his therapist.
13. How do Charlie's co-workers respond to the drastic change in Charlie as he becomes more intelligent?
(a) They are scared.
(b) They are hostile.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) They are happy.
14. What is Algernon doing when Charlie finds him at the end of the conference for the International Psychological Association?
(a) Running the maze backwards with his eyes closed.
(b) Bashing himself against the wall.
(c) Sleeping peacefully.
(d) Staring in the mirror.
15. What was Charlie's father's occupation?
(c) Selling barbershop supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fanny Biden think Charlie has become so smart all of the sudden?
2. What does Charlie do that causes the random woman who confronts him to scream?
3. What does Charlie do that angers Alice when he picks her up from the Beekman college one day?
4. What happens after the woman that confronts Charlie screams in response to what he does to her?
5. What does Charlie do when Nemur asks him to speak to the audience at the conference for the International Psychological Association?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)