|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Charlie's friends from the bakery make him do with Ellen at a party?
(a) Walk her home.
(b) Dance with her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Talk with her.
2. What kind of a joke do Charlie's friends at the bakery play on him?
(a) They tell him to make extra deliveries on his route.
(b) They take him to a bar and get him drunk.
(c) They tell him to use the dough mixer.
(d) They give him the wrong work schedule.
3. What is Charlie's favorite kind of book to read when his IQ reaches 100?
(c) Classic novels.
4. What does Charlie wish he could see more clearly in his past memories?
(a) His surroundings.
(b) His own body.
(c) His house.
(d) His parent's faces.
5. Why does Charlie hesitate to turn Gimpy in when he catches him doing something wrong at the bakery?
(a) Gimpy is his leader.
(b) Gimpy is his only true friend.
(c) Gimpy has always been nice to him.
(d) Gimpy has a family.
6. When does Charlie realize he is in love with Alice?
(a) When she blushes at his compliments.
(b) When she kisses him on the cheek.
(c) When she stands up to him.
(d) When she gives him good advice.
7. Who observes Algernon in his old maze when Charlie returns him to the lab?
8. What does Charlie say he does not want to have happen to Algernon when he is shown around the lab?
(a) Denied food for lack of performance.
(d) Put down.
9. What does the random woman say to Charlie that causes him to think she is disgusting?
(a) She has an STD.
(b) She is 5 months pregnant.
(c) She is 17.
(d) She is a virgin.
10. How do Charlie's co-workers respond to the drastic change in Charlie as he becomes more intelligent?
(a) They are hostile.
(b) They are scared.
(c) They are disappointed.
(d) They are happy.
11. What does Charlie's sister once almost get as a reward for an A on a test?
(a) A dog.
(b) A cake.
(c) A dress.
(d) A bike.
12. What does Nemur say during the conference that enrages Charlie?
(a) Charlie owes his quality of life to science.
(b) Charlie was a useless human being.
(c) Charlie will never regret his work with Nemur.
(d) Charlie did not have a life worth living until he was smart.
13. How do Alice and Fay feel about each other when they meet one night at Charlie's apartment?
(a) They like each other.
(b) They are annoyed by the other's presence.
(c) They pretend not to see each other.
(d) They hate each other.
14. Which of the following is NOT a word which Charlie uses to describe a stage of his relationship with Alice?
15. How does Charlie pretend to be a student at the college once his IQ hits 100?
(a) Sits in on classes.
(b) Writes nonsense in a notebook.
(c) Carries a backpack.
(d) Carries books around campus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlie give Harriet on Valentines Day when he was younger?
2. What new position is Charlie given at the bakery after a prank is played on him by his co-workers.
3. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
4. How does Professor Nemur respond to Charlie's return to the lab after his time in his own apartment?
5. Why is Charlie not allowed to fix the errors in his earlier entries in the Progress Report?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)