|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people in the bakery think Charlie is having surgery because he is sick?
(a) Charlie was not allowed to tell them the truth.
(b) Charlie wanted to surprise them when he came back smart.
(c) Ms. Kinnian thought it would be better that they think he was sick.
(d) Professor Nemur did not want Charlie to tell them about the nature of the experiment.
2. How do the doctors say they will be able to keep track of what is going on in Charlie's head after the surgery?
(a) His success with the mazes.
(b) His interactions with people.
(c) His testing scores.
(d) His Progress Report.
3. Why can't Charlie's uncle give permission for Charlie to be a part of this experiment?
(a) He is retarded as well.
(b) He is not the guardian.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is in a coma.
4. What does Charlie think the doctor who gave him the test on the second day of the experiment looks like?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A police man.
(c) A regular person.
(d) A teacher.
5. How does Charlie feel just before the surgery?
6. What is the only thing Charlie can see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
(a) Blots of ink.
(b) Strange shapes.
(c) Funny little drawings.
7. What does Charlie's school specialize in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Educating poor people.
(b) Teaching retarded adults.
(c) Building confidence in higher IQ individuals.
(d) Using new techniques of memorization.
8. What does Charlie say he wants lots of just before his surgery?
9. How does Charlie feel at the end of his second day of the experiment?
10. What do Charlie's doctors think a rapid growth in IQ will make Charlie do?
(a) Hurt his emotional stability.
(b) Become sick.
(c) Be overwhelmed.
11. What date does Charlie start writing in his Progress Report again after his surgery?
(a) May 11.
(b) May 21.
(c) March 21.
(d) March 11.
12. Where does Charlie work?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A school
(c) A hospital.
(d) A bakery.
13. What does the doctor giving Charlie the test on the second day of the experiment tell him to do during the test?
(a) Try hard.
14. Where does Charlie have to go if the experiment does not work?
(a) An insane asylum.
(b) Warren State Home.
(c) An institutional care facility for retarded adults.
(d) A padded room in the hospital.
15. What does Burt say Charlie has a lot of that most people of his IQ do not?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie's new nurse after the surgery refuse to tell him about?
2. Why does Strauss tell Charlie he will not notice his improvement at first after the surgery?
3. What good luck charm does Charlie keep to help him be brave?
4. Who does Charlie want to show his new intelligence to after the surgery?
5. What is Charlie told to write in his progress report?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)