|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie told to write in his progress report?
(a) His feelings.
(b) What he learns at school.
(c) Everything he thinks and remembers.
(d) His thoughts on the experiment.
2. Why do the people in the bakery think Charlie is having surgery because he is sick?
(a) Charlie wanted to surprise them when he came back smart.
(b) Ms. Kinnian thought it would be better that they think he was sick.
(c) Professor Nemur did not want Charlie to tell them about the nature of the experiment.
(d) Charlie was not allowed to tell them the truth.
3. What does Charlie hope to be able to hold conversations about once he is smart after the surgery?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The stock market.
(c) God and politics.
4. Who does Charlie say hollers at him at work in the third entry in the Progress Report?
5. What is Nemur's reply to Charlie's question to him just before the surgery?
(b) We don't know.
6. What has Charlie learned already that is impressive to Dr. Strauss on the fifth day of the experiment?
(a) Read and write.
(b) Run the maze.
(c) Hold a job.
(d) Navigate the hospital.
7. What is Charlie supposed to see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
8. What is Charlie's IQ level at the beginning of the book?
9. What is Charlie afraid of on his second day of the experiment?
(a) He will never be smart.
(b) He failed a test.
(c) The experiment will hurt.
(d) He will not like his new teacher.
10. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
11. What does Nemur tell Charlie he will do if the surgery works for Charlie?
(a) Make a lot of money.
(b) Help other people like Charlie.
(c) Help animals all over the world.
(d) Write a book about Charlie.
12. What do Charlie's doctors think a rapid growth in IQ will make Charlie do?
(b) Be overwhelmed.
(c) Hurt his emotional stability.
(d) Become sick.
13. What were Charlie's bandages after his surgery covering?
(a) His ears.
(b) His abdomen.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His mouth.
14. How does Charlie feel just before the surgery?
15. Where does Charlie have lunch with Burt after he is released from the hospital after his surgery?
(a) A fast food joint.
(b) The hospital cafeteria.
(c) The college restaurant.
(d) The bakery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
2. What is the one thing Charlie wants more than anything in the world?
3. What does Charlie offer to do when he cannot complete the test he is given on the fourth day of the experiment?
4. What is a possible complication of the surgery Charlie is about to undergo to raise his IQ?
5. Where does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)