|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Charlie's doctors think a rapid growth in IQ will make Charlie do?
(b) Be overwhelmed.
(c) Become sick.
(d) Hurt his emotional stability.
2. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
(a) To be like a normal person.
(b) To be smarter than his friends.
(c) To read and write well.
(d) To get a promotion at his job.
3. Who does Charlie want to show his new intelligence to after the surgery?
(a) Ms. Kinnian.
(b) His parents.
(c) His friends at the bakery.
(d) His uncle.
4. How old is Charlie at the beginning of the book?
5. Why does Strauss tell Charlie he will not notice his improvement at first after the surgery?
(a) It will seem normal to him.
(b) It is hard to notice at first.
(c) It will happen gradually.
(d) He must wait and be patient.
6. How often does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
(a) 3 days a week.
(b) 4 days a week.
(c) 5 days a week.
(d) 2 days a week.
7. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
8. What does Charlie almost shout to the passersby when he is at lunch with Burt after being released from the hospital?
(a) He wants to be their friend.
(b) He is not going to be dumb long.
(c) He will be like them soon.
(d) He will be smart soon.
9. What is the one thing Charlie wants more than anything in the world?
(a) To learn.
(b) To make his mom proud.
(c) To find love.
(d) To be normal.
10. What does Charlie hope to be able to hold conversations about once he is smart after the surgery?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The stock market.
(d) God and politics.
11. What does Charlie think the doctor who gave him the test on the second day of the experiment looks like?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A police man.
(c) A regular person.
(d) A teacher.
12. What does Charlie ask Nemur just before the surgery?
(a) If he will be smarter than Nemur.
(b) If he will be able to beat Algernon in the maze.
(c) If it will hurt.
(d) If he will die.
13. Where does Burt take Charlie on his fourth day of the experiment?
(a) The Physics Office.
(b) The Psychological Laboratory.
(c) The Psychology Library.
(d) The Physics Library.
14. What does Ms. Kinnian say about Charlie as a pupil?
(a) He is slow and tiresome.
(b) He is the hardest worker.
(c) He is motivated to be intelligent.
(d) He is her best student.
15. Why can't Charlie's uncle give permission for Charlie to be a part of this experiment?
(a) He is in a coma.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is retarded as well.
(d) He is not the guardian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nemur's reply to Charlie's question to him just before the surgery?
2. What date does Charlie start writing in his Progress Report again after his surgery?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Charlie's friends from the bakery?
4. Where does Charlie work?
5. Why does Charlie keep writing in his Progress Report and taking tests after his surgery?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)