|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie hope to be able to hold conversations about once he is smart after the surgery?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The stock market.
(c) God and politics.
2. What kind of experiment is Charlie a part of?
(a) Something to slow the effects of aging.
(b) Something to raise his IQ.
(c) Something to increase reflex timing.
(d) Something to monitor thinking habits.
3. How many days after his surgery does it take for Charlie to start writing in his Progress Report again?
4. What does Charlie say he wants lots of just before his surgery?
5. Why does Charlie start to hate Algernon after his surgery?
(a) He does not trust the mouse's beady eyes.
(b) He does not like small animals.
(c) He keeps losing the maze races to him.
(d) He is mad that the procedure worked for the mouse, but not for him.
6. Who gave Nemur money for the experiment on Charlie?
(a) The Wellburg foundation.
(b) The Beekwood College for Retarded Adults.
(c) The government.
(d) His father-in-law.
7. Where does Charlie work?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A school
8. What reason do the doctors give Charlie for taking so many tests and statistics?
(a) So they can help Charlie heal.
(b) So they can repeat the process.
(c) So they don't make any mistakes.
(d) So they can speed up the process.
9. How does Charlie feel about the doctor who gave him the test on his second day of the experiment?
(a) He is nice.
(b) He seems bored.
(c) He is stiff.
(d) He is mean.
10. Who is Charlie's boss at his place of work?
(a) Mr. Banner.
(b) Mr. Flanner.
(c) Mr. Donner.
(d) Mr. Conner.
11. Who does not want Charlie to be used in the experiment?
(a) Ms. Kinnian.
(b) Professor Nemur.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His mother.
12. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
13. What is the name of the main doctor overseeing Charlie's experiment?
(a) Professor Neuron.
(b) Doctor Nielsen.
(c) Professor Nemur.
(d) Doctor Neiman.
14. What does Nemur tell Charlie he will do if the surgery works for Charlie?
(a) Make a lot of money.
(b) Help animals all over the world.
(c) Help other people like Charlie.
(d) Write a book about Charlie.
15. What is a possible complication of the surgery Charlie is about to undergo to raise his IQ?
(a) He could go blind.
(b) He may go crazy.
(c) He could regress.
(d) He could lose all his former memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charlie have to go if the experiment does not work?
2. Who asked Charlie to keep the Progress Report?
3. What is Nemur's reply to Charlie's question to him just before the surgery?
4. How old is Charlie at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Joe Carp ask Charlie when he sees the scar on Charlie's head after the surgery?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)