|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main doctor overseeing Charlie's experiment?
(a) Doctor Neiman.
(b) Professor Neuron.
(c) Doctor Nielsen.
(d) Professor Nemur.
2. How does Charlie feel just before the surgery?
3. What is the name of the animal that has undergone the same experiment Charlie is now a part of?
4. How does Mr. Donner know Charlie?
(a) He is a friend of Charlie's mother.
(b) He is Charlie's uncle.
(c) He was Charlie's uncle's best friend.
(d) He saw Charlie on the street and took him under his wing.
5. How does Charlie feel at the end of his second day of the experiment?
6. Why does Charlie not like writing in his Progress Report by the third day?
(a) It hurts his head.
(b) It makes him feel stupid.
(c) It takes a long time.
(d) He does not like the way it looks.
7. What is Charlie's little sister's name?
8. What does Charlie vow to do after having a talk with Dr. Strauss after his surgery?
(a) Be as smart as Strauss.
(b) Beat Algernon at the maze.
(c) Work as hard as he can.
(d) Not lose hope.
9. What is the only thing Charlie can see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
(a) Strange shapes.
(b) Funny little drawings.
(c) Blots of ink.
10. Where does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
(a) Portman College.
(b) Beekman College.
(c) Beekland University.
(d) Portland University.
11. Where does Charlie have lunch with Burt after he is released from the hospital after his surgery?
(a) The bakery.
(b) A fast food joint.
(c) The college restaurant.
(d) The hospital cafeteria.
12. Why can't Charlie's uncle give permission for Charlie to be a part of this experiment?
(a) He is not the guardian.
(b) He is in a coma.
(c) He is retarded as well.
(d) He is dead.
13. Who suggested that Charlie should be a part of the experiment in the first place?
(a) Charlie's boss.
(b) Charlie's teacher.
(c) Charlie's mom.
14. What does Charlie offer to do when he cannot complete the test he is given on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Pretend he can do the test.
(b) Show them his journal.
(c) Tell stories about his uncle.
(d) Draw a picture of people he knows.
15. What does the doctor giving Charlie the test on the second day of the experiment tell him to do during the test?
(a) Try hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Charlie unable to do what he should on the test given him on the fourth day of the experiment?
2. Where does Burt take Charlie on his fourth day of the experiment?
3. What does Charlie hope to be able to hold conversations about once he is smart after the surgery?
4. What date does Charlie start writing in his Progress Report again after his surgery?
5. Who are the only patients of this experiment before Charlie?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)