Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie have to go if the experiment does not work?
(a) An institutional care facility for retarded adults.
(b) An insane asylum.
(c) A padded room in the hospital.
(d) Warren State Home.
2. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
3. What does Dr. Strauss say he will NOT help Charlie do after his surgery?
4. Why is Charlie unable to do what he should on the test given him on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) He does not know what funny means.
(b) He has no creativity.
(c) He thinks it would be lying.
(d) He thinks all the pictures are in the same category.
5. Who is Charlie's boss at his place of work?
(a) Mr. Conner.
(b) Mr. Flanner.
(c) Mr. Donner.
(d) Mr. Banner.
6. What is Charlie told to write in his progress report?
(a) What he learns at school.
(b) His feelings.
(c) Everything he thinks and remembers.
(d) His thoughts on the experiment.
7. What is the date of the first Progress Report entry?
(a) March 13.
(b) March 3.
(c) May 13.
(d) May 3.
8. What date does Charlie start writing in his Progress Report again after his surgery?
(a) May 21.
(b) March 11.
(c) March 21.
(d) May 11.
9. What do the doctors tell Charlie about the results of the Rorschach test the day afterward?
(a) They are worried about his results.
(b) No one can fail that test.
(c) It does not matter.
(d) He had a perfect score.
10. What does Charlie hope to be able to hold conversations about once he is smart after the surgery?
(a) God and politics.
(b) The stock market.
(d) The newspaper.
11. What do Charlie's friends in the hospital bring Charlie before his surgery?
(c) Chocolate cake.
12. What is Charlie supposed to do for a test on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Write a funny story.
(b) Categorize a pile of pictures.
(c) Make up stories about people.
(d) Tell two truths and a lie about himself.
13. Who told Charlie to work hard at school?
(a) His mom.
(b) His boss.
(c) His doctor.
(d) His teacher.
14. What does Burt have Charlie try and do after showing him the animal who has undergone the same experiment he is now a part of?
(a) Pet the animal.
(b) Race the animal.
(c) Talk to the animal.
(d) Watch the animal.
15. What does Charlie almost shout to the passersby when he is at lunch with Burt after being released from the hospital?
(a) He will be smart soon.
(b) He will be like them soon.
(c) He is not going to be dumb long.
(d) He wants to be their friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggested that Charlie should be a part of the experiment in the first place?
2. Where does Charlie work?
3. What does Burt say Charlie has a lot of that most people of his IQ do not?
4. Why does Strauss tell Charlie he will not notice his improvement at first after the surgery?
5. Who is Charlie's sister living with when she is found by the doctors?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)