|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie afraid of on his second day of the experiment?
(a) He failed a test.
(b) He will never be smart.
(c) He will not like his new teacher.
(d) The experiment will hurt.
2. What is Charlie's little sister's name?
3. What is a possible complication of the surgery Charlie is about to undergo to raise his IQ?
(a) He could lose all his former memories.
(b) He could regress.
(c) He could go blind.
(d) He may go crazy.
4. Where does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
(a) Portland University.
(b) Beekland University.
(c) Portman College.
(d) Beekman College.
5. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
6. What kind of test does Charlie take on the second day of the experiment?
(a) A Color Code test.
(b) A Rorschach test.
(c) An IQ test.
(d) A Personality evaluation.
7. What do Charlie's doctors think a rapid growth in IQ will make Charlie do?
(b) Hurt his emotional stability.
(c) Be overwhelmed.
(d) Become sick.
8. What gives Charlie headaches after the surgery?
(a) Thinking too hard.
(b) The medicine he has to take.
(c) His lack of sleep.
(d) The electric treatments.
9. What does Burt have Charlie try and do after showing him the animal who has undergone the same experiment he is now a part of?
(a) Talk to the animal.
(b) Watch the animal.
(c) Race the animal.
(d) Pet the animal.
10. Who does Charlie want to talk to first when he gets smart after his surgery?
(a) His mom.
(b) His boss.
(c) His friends at the bakery.
(d) Ms. Kinnian.
11. How old is Charlie at the beginning of the book?
12. Why does Charlie keep writing in his Progress Report and taking tests after his surgery?
(a) They told him it would help him get smarter faster.
(b) He likes it.
(c) They are paying him to.
(d) It is all part of the experiment he contracted to do.
13. Who are the only patients of this experiment before Charlie?
(b) Vegitative people.
(c) No one.
(d) Intelligent people.
14. Where does Charlie have lunch with Burt after he is released from the hospital after his surgery?
(a) A fast food joint.
(b) The college restaurant.
(c) The bakery.
(d) The hospital cafeteria.
15. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
(a) To read and write well.
(b) To be smarter than his friends.
(c) To get a promotion at his job.
(d) To be like a normal person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not want Charlie to be used in the experiment?
2. What does Nemur tell Charlie he will do if the surgery works for Charlie?
3. How does Charlie feel just before the surgery?
4. What is the one thing Charlie wants more than anything in the world?
5. What does Charlie ask Nemur just before the surgery?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)