|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ms. Kinnian say about Charlie as a pupil?
(a) He is the hardest worker.
(b) He is motivated to be intelligent.
(c) He is slow and tiresome.
(d) He is her best student.
2. What is Charlie supposed to do for a test on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Make up stories about people.
(b) Tell two truths and a lie about himself.
(c) Write a funny story.
(d) Categorize a pile of pictures.
3. What does Charlie vow to do after having a talk with Dr. Strauss after his surgery?
(a) Beat Algernon at the maze.
(b) Work as hard as he can.
(c) Be as smart as Strauss.
(d) Not lose hope.
4. What does Charlie's school specialize in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Educating poor people.
(b) Using new techniques of memorization.
(c) Teaching retarded adults.
(d) Building confidence in higher IQ individuals.
5. Who told Charlie to work hard at school?
(a) His doctor.
(b) His boss.
(c) His mom.
(d) His teacher.
6. What is the only thing Charlie can see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
(a) Blots of ink.
(b) Strange shapes.
(d) Funny little drawings.
7. Where does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
(a) Beekman College.
(b) Beekland University.
(c) Portland University.
(d) Portman College.
8. What kind of experiment is Charlie a part of?
(a) Something to slow the effects of aging.
(b) Something to monitor thinking habits.
(c) Something to raise his IQ.
(d) Something to increase reflex timing.
9. Why is Charlie unable to do what he should on the test given him on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) He thinks it would be lying.
(b) He has no creativity.
(c) He thinks all the pictures are in the same category.
(d) He does not know what funny means.
10. How does Charlie feel when he is finally chosen to undergo the procedure to raise his IQ?
11. What color is the room where Charlie's surgery takes place?
12. What does Charlie watch the animal who has undergone the same experiment he is now a part of do?
(a) Run a maze.
(b) Draw a picture.
(c) Build with blocks.
(d) Read a sign.
13. Why does Charlie start to hate Algernon after his surgery?
(a) He does not trust the mouse's beady eyes.
(b) He is mad that the procedure worked for the mouse, but not for him.
(c) He keeps losing the maze races to him.
(d) He does not like small animals.
14. Who does not want Charlie to be used in the experiment?
(a) Ms. Kinnian.
(b) Professor Nemur.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His mother.
15. What do Charlie's friends in the hospital bring Charlie before his surgery?
(b) Chocolate cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of test does Charlie take on the second day of the experiment?
2. What does Charlie ask Nemur just before the surgery?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Charlie's friends from the bakery?
4. What does Nemur tell Charlie he will do if the surgery works for Charlie?
5. Who is Charlie's sister living with when she is found by the doctors?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)