|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie think the doctor who gave him the test on the second day of the experiment looks like?
(a) A dentist.
(b) A regular person.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A police man.
2. What does Burt say Charlie has a lot of that most people of his IQ do not?
3. What perk mentioned by Nemur just before his surgery does Charlie not care at all about?
4. What does Charlie say he wants lots of just before his surgery?
5. How many days after his surgery does it take for Charlie to start writing in his Progress Report again?
6. What is the name of the animal that has undergone the same experiment Charlie is now a part of?
7. What does Dr. Strauss say he will NOT help Charlie do after his surgery?
8. Why does Charlie start to hate Algernon after his surgery?
(a) He is mad that the procedure worked for the mouse, but not for him.
(b) He keeps losing the maze races to him.
(c) He does not trust the mouse's beady eyes.
(d) He does not like small animals.
9. What is Charlie supposed to do for a test on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Make up stories about people.
(b) Categorize a pile of pictures.
(c) Write a funny story.
(d) Tell two truths and a lie about himself.
10. Who does not want Charlie to be used in the experiment?
(a) His uncle.
(b) Professor Nemur.
(c) His mother.
(d) Ms. Kinnian.
11. What is the only thing Charlie can see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
(a) Blots of ink.
(b) Strange shapes.
(c) Funny little drawings.
12. Who does Charlie need permission from to undergo the procedure to increase his IQ?
(b) His guardian.
(c) A family member.
(d) His doctor.
13. Where does Charlie work?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A school
(c) A hospital.
(d) A bakery.
14. What is on the fifth floor of the building where Burt works?
(a) Ferrets and mice.
(b) Cats and dogs.
(c) Monkeys and mice.
(d) Rabbits and rats.
15. How often does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
(a) 3 days a week.
(b) 4 days a week.
(c) 5 days a week.
(d) 2 days a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do his friends from the bakery bring Charlie just before his surgery?
2. What does Charlie's school specialize in at the beginning of the book?
3. What did Charlie used to get hit for doing?
4. What date does Charlie start writing in his Progress Report again after his surgery?
5. What does Charlie almost shout to the passersby when he is at lunch with Burt after being released from the hospital?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)