|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Charlie's teacher at the beginning of the book?
(a) Ms. Kinnian.
(b) Ms. Kirkland.
(c) Ms. Kroner.
(d) Ms. Kinlian.
2. What has Charlie learned already that is impressive to Dr. Strauss on the fifth day of the experiment?
(a) Hold a job.
(b) Read and write.
(c) Run the maze.
(d) Navigate the hospital.
3. What does Miss Kinnian bring Charlie just before his surgery?
(b) A picture.
(d) Chocolate cake..
4. What is Charlie told to write in his progress report?
(a) His feelings.
(b) Everything he thinks and remembers.
(c) What he learns at school.
(d) His thoughts on the experiment.
5. Who suggested that Charlie should be a part of the experiment in the first place?
(a) Charlie's teacher.
(b) Charlie's mom.
(d) Charlie's boss.
6. What does Charlie offer to do when he cannot complete the test he is given on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Draw a picture of people he knows.
(b) Tell stories about his uncle.
(c) Show them his journal.
(d) Pretend he can do the test.
7. How does Charlie feel about the doctor who gave him the test on his second day of the experiment?
(a) He is mean.
(b) He seems bored.
(c) He is stiff.
(d) He is nice.
8. What does Burt have Charlie try and do after showing him the animal who has undergone the same experiment he is now a part of?
(a) Pet the animal.
(b) Talk to the animal.
(c) Race the animal.
(d) Watch the animal.
9. What is Charlie's little sister's name?
10. What reason do the doctors give Charlie for taking so many tests and statistics?
(a) So they don't make any mistakes.
(b) So they can help Charlie heal.
(c) So they can repeat the process.
(d) So they can speed up the process.
11. Who is Charlie's sister living with when she is found by the doctors?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her husband.
12. What is Charlie supposed to do for a test on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Tell two truths and a lie about himself.
(b) Categorize a pile of pictures.
(c) Make up stories about people.
(d) Write a funny story.
13. How many days after his surgery does it take for Charlie to start writing in his Progress Report again?
14. Why does Charlie not like writing in his Progress Report by the third day?
(a) It makes him feel stupid.
(b) He does not like the way it looks.
(c) It hurts his head.
(d) It takes a long time.
15. How does Charlie feel just before the surgery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ms. Kinnian say about Charlie as a pupil?
2. Why is Charlie unable to do what he should on the test given him on the fourth day of the experiment?
3. Who does Charlie want to talk to first when he gets smart after his surgery?
4. What good luck charm does Charlie keep to help him be brave?
5. How long has Charlie worked at the bakery?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)