|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Burt have Charlie try and do after showing him the animal who has undergone the same experiment he is now a part of?
(a) Talk to the animal.
(b) Watch the animal.
(c) Pet the animal.
(d) Race the animal.
2. What is the name of the animal that has undergone the same experiment Charlie is now a part of?
3. Who does Charlie want to talk to first when he gets smart after his surgery?
(a) His mom.
(b) His boss.
(c) His friends at the bakery.
(d) Ms. Kinnian.
4. What is Charlie afraid of on his second day of the experiment?
(a) He failed a test.
(b) He will not like his new teacher.
(c) The experiment will hurt.
(d) He will never be smart.
5. What does Dr. Strauss say he will NOT help Charlie do after his surgery?
6. How long has Charlie worked at the bakery?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 5 years.
7. What does Charlie think the doctor who gave him the test on the second day of the experiment looks like?
(a) A regular person.
(b) A dentist.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A police man.
8. What has Charlie learned already that is impressive to Dr. Strauss on the fifth day of the experiment?
(a) Read and write.
(b) Run the maze.
(c) Hold a job.
(d) Navigate the hospital.
9. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
10. What good luck charm does Charlie keep to help him be brave?
(a) A special rock.
(b) A rabbit's foot.
(c) A lucky penny.
(d) A picture of his mother.
11. What did the test that Charlie took on the second day of the experiment involve?
(a) Problem solving questions.
(b) Colorful pictures.
(c) Ink blots.
(d) Personal questions.
12. What is the one thing Charlie wants more than anything in the world?
(a) To make his mom proud.
(b) To learn.
(c) To find love.
(d) To be normal.
13. How old is Charlie at the beginning of the book?
14. Where does Charlie work?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A school
(c) A bakery.
(d) A hospital.
15. Who gave Nemur money for the experiment on Charlie?
(a) His father-in-law.
(b) The Wellburg foundation.
(c) The government.
(d) The Beekwood College for Retarded Adults.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlie start to hate Algernon after his surgery?
2. What do Charlie's doctors think a rapid growth in IQ will make Charlie do?
3. What does Miss Kinnian bring Charlie just before his surgery?
4. What does the doctor giving Charlie the test on the second day of the experiment tell him to do during the test?
5. What did Charlie used to get hit for doing?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)