|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Charlie's friends in the hospital bring Charlie before his surgery?
(b) Chocolate cake.
2. Who does Charlie want to talk to first when he gets smart after his surgery?
(a) Ms. Kinnian.
(b) His boss.
(c) His friends at the bakery.
(d) His mom.
3. What were Charlie's bandages after his surgery covering?
(a) His ears.
(b) His mouth.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His abdomen.
4. When will Charlie take the next round of tests at the institution?
(a) After the surgery.
(b) The next day.
(c) In a week.
(d) In a month.
5. Who asked Charlie to keep the Progress Report?
(a) Dr. Lillthorn.
(b) Dr. Kinnian.
(c) Dr. Strauss.
(d) Dr. Blumburg.
6. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
7. Who suggested that Charlie should be a part of the experiment in the first place?
(b) Charlie's mom.
(c) Charlie's boss.
(d) Charlie's teacher.
8. What is Charlie supposed to do for a test on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Tell two truths and a lie about himself.
(b) Write a funny story.
(c) Make up stories about people.
(d) Categorize a pile of pictures.
9. What did the test that Charlie took on the second day of the experiment involve?
(a) Personal questions.
(b) Colorful pictures.
(c) Ink blots.
(d) Problem solving questions.
10. What does Charlie almost shout to the passersby when he is at lunch with Burt after being released from the hospital?
(a) He will be like them soon.
(b) He will be smart soon.
(c) He is not going to be dumb long.
(d) He wants to be their friend.
11. What is the name of the animal that has undergone the same experiment Charlie is now a part of?
12. Why does Charlie not like writing in his Progress Report by the third day?
(a) It takes a long time.
(b) It makes him feel stupid.
(c) He does not like the way it looks.
(d) It hurts his head.
13. Why does Charlie start to hate Algernon after his surgery?
(a) He does not trust the mouse's beady eyes.
(b) He keeps losing the maze races to him.
(c) He does not like small animals.
(d) He is mad that the procedure worked for the mouse, but not for him.
14. What kind of test does Charlie take on the second day of the experiment?
(a) A Rorschach test.
(b) A Personality evaluation.
(c) A Color Code test.
(d) An IQ test.
15. Why does Strauss tell Charlie he will not notice his improvement at first after the surgery?
(a) It will happen gradually.
(b) It is hard to notice at first.
(c) It will seem normal to him.
(d) He must wait and be patient.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie feel when he is finally chosen to undergo the procedure to raise his IQ?
2. Why is Charlie unable to do what he should on the test given him on the fourth day of the experiment?
3. Who is Charlie's teacher at the beginning of the book?
4. What is the only thing Charlie can see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
5. What is Charlie told to write in his progress report?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)