|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not want Charlie to be used in the experiment?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
(c) Professor Nemur.
(d) Ms. Kinnian.
2. What did the test that Charlie took on the second day of the experiment involve?
(a) Colorful pictures.
(b) Ink blots.
(c) Personal questions.
(d) Problem solving questions.
3. What is the one thing Charlie wants more than anything in the world?
(a) To find love.
(b) To learn.
(c) To make his mom proud.
(d) To be normal.
4. When will Charlie take the next round of tests at the institution?
(a) In a month.
(b) The next day.
(c) After the surgery.
(d) In a week.
5. How does Charlie feel about the doctor who gave him the test on his second day of the experiment?
(a) He is mean.
(b) He seems bored.
(c) He is nice.
(d) He is stiff.
6. Who asked Charlie to keep the Progress Report?
(a) Dr. Kinnian.
(b) Dr. Lillthorn.
(c) Dr. Blumburg.
(d) Dr. Strauss.
7. What date does Charlie start writing in his Progress Report again after his surgery?
(a) March 21.
(b) March 11.
(c) May 11.
(d) May 21.
8. Who is Charlie's teacher at the beginning of the book?
(a) Ms. Kirkland.
(b) Ms. Kroner.
(c) Ms. Kinlian.
(d) Ms. Kinnian.
9. What does Burt give Charlie to do on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Mazes and puzzles.
(b) Building blocks.
(c) Crayons and paper.
10. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
11. What does Charlie offer to do when he cannot complete the test he is given on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Show them his journal.
(b) Pretend he can do the test.
(c) Tell stories about his uncle.
(d) Draw a picture of people he knows.
12. What is the name of Charlie's nurse after his surgery?
13. How long has Charlie worked at the bakery?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 17 years.
(d) 7 years.
14. What does Joe Carp ask Charlie when he sees the scar on Charlie's head after the surgery?
(a) If he had brains put in.
(b) If he opened a door the hard way.
(c) If he will be dumber now than before.
(d) If it hurt.
15. Why is Charlie unable to do what he should on the test given him on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) He has no creativity.
(b) He does not know what funny means.
(c) He thinks all the pictures are in the same category.
(d) He thinks it would be lying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charlie not like writing in his Progress Report by the third day?
2. What does Ms. Kinnian say about Charlie as a pupil?
3. Where does Charlie have lunch with Burt after he is released from the hospital after his surgery?
4. What does Nemur tell Charlie he will do if the surgery works for Charlie?
5. Who does Charlie say hollers at him at work in the third entry in the Progress Report?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)