|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie told to write in his progress report?
(a) His thoughts on the experiment.
(b) His feelings.
(c) Everything he thinks and remembers.
(d) What he learns at school.
2. What is Charlie afraid of on his second day of the experiment?
(a) He failed a test.
(b) He will never be smart.
(c) The experiment will hurt.
(d) He will not like his new teacher.
3. What is the name of the doctor who administered Charlie's test on the second day of the experiment?
4. How does Charlie feel when he is finally chosen to undergo the procedure to raise his IQ?
5. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
(a) To be like a normal person.
(b) To get a promotion at his job.
(c) To read and write well.
(d) To be smarter than his friends.
6. What do his friends from the bakery bring Charlie just before his surgery?
(a) Chocolate cake.
7. How long has Charlie worked at the bakery?
(a) 17 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 5 years.
8. What did the test that Charlie took on the second day of the experiment involve?
(a) Ink blots.
(b) Colorful pictures.
(c) Personal questions.
(d) Problem solving questions.
9. Who comes to see Charlie every day to check his temperature and blood pressure after the surgery?
(c) A nurse.
10. What does Charlie offer to do when he cannot complete the test he is given on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Draw a picture of people he knows.
(b) Show them his journal.
(c) Pretend he can do the test.
(d) Tell stories about his uncle.
11. What does Joe Carp ask Charlie when he sees the scar on Charlie's head after the surgery?
(a) If he will be dumber now than before.
(b) If he opened a door the hard way.
(c) If he had brains put in.
(d) If it hurt.
12. Why does Charlie start to hate Algernon after his surgery?
(a) He is mad that the procedure worked for the mouse, but not for him.
(b) He does not trust the mouse's beady eyes.
(c) He does not like small animals.
(d) He keeps losing the maze races to him.
13. What does Charlie's school specialize in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Teaching retarded adults.
(b) Educating poor people.
(c) Using new techniques of memorization.
(d) Building confidence in higher IQ individuals.
14. What is the name of the main doctor overseeing Charlie's experiment?
(a) Doctor Neiman.
(b) Professor Nemur.
(c) Doctor Nielsen.
(d) Professor Neuron.
15. How often does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
(a) 4 days a week.
(b) 2 days a week.
(c) 5 days a week.
(d) 3 days a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Charlie used to get hit for doing?
2. Why does Strauss tell Charlie he will not notice his improvement at first after the surgery?
3. Who does not want Charlie to be used in the experiment?
4. What is Charlie's little sister's name?
5. What does Burt have Charlie try and do after showing him the animal who has undergone the same experiment he is now a part of?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)