|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people in the bakery think Charlie is having surgery because he is sick?
(a) Ms. Kinnian thought it would be better that they think he was sick.
(b) Professor Nemur did not want Charlie to tell them about the nature of the experiment.
(c) Charlie was not allowed to tell them the truth.
(d) Charlie wanted to surprise them when he came back smart.
2. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
(a) To read and write well.
(b) To be like a normal person.
(c) To get a promotion at his job.
(d) To be smarter than his friends.
3. What is on the fifth floor of the building where Burt works?
(a) Cats and dogs.
(b) Monkeys and mice.
(c) Ferrets and mice.
(d) Rabbits and rats.
4. What is the name of the main doctor overseeing Charlie's experiment?
(a) Professor Neuron.
(b) Doctor Nielsen.
(c) Doctor Neiman.
(d) Professor Nemur.
5. Who gave Nemur money for the experiment on Charlie?
(a) The Beekwood College for Retarded Adults.
(b) The Wellburg foundation.
(c) The government.
(d) His father-in-law.
6. What do his friends from the bakery bring Charlie just before his surgery?
(b) Chocolate cake.
7. What gives Charlie headaches after the surgery?
(a) Thinking too hard.
(b) His lack of sleep.
(c) The electric treatments.
(d) The medicine he has to take.
8. What does Charlie almost shout to the passersby when he is at lunch with Burt after being released from the hospital?
(a) He will be like them soon.
(b) He wants to be their friend.
(c) He will be smart soon.
(d) He is not going to be dumb long.
9. What reason do the doctors give Charlie for taking so many tests and statistics?
(a) So they can speed up the process.
(b) So they can help Charlie heal.
(c) So they can repeat the process.
(d) So they don't make any mistakes.
10. What perk mentioned by Nemur just before his surgery does Charlie not care at all about?
11. How do the doctors say they will be able to keep track of what is going on in Charlie's head after the surgery?
(a) His success with the mazes.
(b) His Progress Report.
(c) His interactions with people.
(d) His testing scores.
12. What does Charlie say he is willing to endure in order to be smart?
(b) A short life.
(c) Moving away from his family.
13. Who does Charlie need permission from to undergo the procedure to increase his IQ?
(a) A family member.
(b) His doctor.
(c) His guardian.
14. What were Charlie's bandages after his surgery covering?
(a) His ears.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His abdomen.
(d) His mouth.
15. What does Burt give Charlie to do on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Crayons and paper.
(b) Mazes and puzzles.
(d) Building blocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days after his surgery does it take for Charlie to start writing in his Progress Report again?
2. Where does Charlie have lunch with Burt after he is released from the hospital after his surgery?
3. What does Charlie say he wants lots of just before his surgery?
4. How does Mr. Donner know Charlie?
5. What does Dr. Strauss say he will NOT help Charlie do after his surgery?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)