|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Charlie at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Charlie watch the animal who has undergone the same experiment he is now a part of do?
(a) Draw a picture.
(b) Run a maze.
(c) Read a sign.
(d) Build with blocks.
3. What does Charlie's school specialize in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Using new techniques of memorization.
(b) Educating poor people.
(c) Building confidence in higher IQ individuals.
(d) Teaching retarded adults.
4. What happens when Charlie goes the wrong way with his electric pencil when he does the maze Burt gives him?
(a) The maze changes.
(b) He has to start over.
(c) He gets shocked.
(d) It emits a loud sound.
5. What does Joe Carp ask Charlie when he sees the scar on Charlie's head after the surgery?
(a) If he opened a door the hard way.
(b) If he had brains put in.
(c) If it hurt.
(d) If he will be dumber now than before.
6. How many days after his surgery does it take for Charlie to start writing in his Progress Report again?
7. What does Miss Kinnian bring Charlie just before his surgery?
(c) A picture.
(d) Chocolate cake..
8. What does Charlie's new nurse after the surgery refuse to tell him about?
(a) Why men love women.
(b) Why he is not smart yet.
(c) Whether or not there is a God.
(d) Where babies come from.
9. Where does Charlie have to go if the experiment does not work?
(a) An institutional care facility for retarded adults.
(b) Warren State Home.
(c) A padded room in the hospital.
(d) An insane asylum.
10. Why is Charlie unable to do what he should on the test given him on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) He has no creativity.
(b) He does not know what funny means.
(c) He thinks it would be lying.
(d) He thinks all the pictures are in the same category.
11. Who does Charlie say hollers at him at work in the third entry in the Progress Report?
12. What perk mentioned by Nemur just before his surgery does Charlie not care at all about?
13. Who told Charlie to work hard at school?
(a) His boss.
(b) His teacher.
(c) His doctor.
(d) His mom.
14. How does Charlie feel when he is finally chosen to undergo the procedure to raise his IQ?
15. What gives Charlie headaches after the surgery?
(a) His lack of sleep.
(b) The medicine he has to take.
(c) Thinking too hard.
(d) The electric treatments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Charlie want to talk to first when he gets smart after his surgery?
2. What does Charlie almost shout to the passersby when he is at lunch with Burt after being released from the hospital?
3. What does Burt say Charlie has a lot of that most people of his IQ do not?
4. When will Charlie take the next round of tests at the institution?
5. What is the name of Charlie's nurse after his surgery?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)