|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charlie feel about the doctor who gave him the test on his second day of the experiment?
(a) He is mean.
(b) He seems bored.
(c) He is stiff.
(d) He is nice.
2. What is Charlie's little sister's name?
3. What does Charlie's school specialize in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Building confidence in higher IQ individuals.
(b) Teaching retarded adults.
(c) Educating poor people.
(d) Using new techniques of memorization.
4. What is the name of the doctor who administered Charlie's test on the second day of the experiment?
5. What is the date of the first Progress Report entry?
(a) March 13.
(b) May 13.
(c) March 3.
(d) May 3.
6. How many times does Charlie lose against the animal who has undergone the same experiment that Charlie is now a part of?
7. Who does Charlie need permission from to undergo the procedure to increase his IQ?
(b) His guardian.
(c) A family member.
(d) His doctor.
8. What does Dr. Strauss say he will NOT help Charlie do after his surgery?
9. What do Charlie's doctors think a rapid growth in IQ will make Charlie do?
(a) Be overwhelmed.
(c) Hurt his emotional stability.
(d) Become sick.
10. What good luck charm does Charlie keep to help him be brave?
(a) A picture of his mother.
(b) A lucky penny.
(c) A special rock.
(d) A rabbit's foot.
11. What is the only thing Charlie can see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
(a) Blots of ink.
(c) Funny little drawings.
(d) Strange shapes.
12. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
13. Who is Charlie's sister living with when she is found by the doctors?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
14. Why can't Charlie's uncle give permission for Charlie to be a part of this experiment?
(a) He is retarded as well.
(b) He is not the guardian.
(c) He is in a coma.
(d) He is dead.
15. What happens when Charlie goes the wrong way with his electric pencil when he does the maze Burt gives him?
(a) He gets shocked.
(b) It emits a loud sound.
(c) The maze changes.
(d) He has to start over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do his friends from the bakery bring Charlie just before his surgery?
2. Why does Strauss tell Charlie he will not notice his improvement at first after the surgery?
3. What does Burt say Charlie has a lot of that most people of his IQ do not?
4. What does Charlie hope to be able to hold conversations about once he is smart after the surgery?
5. What does Burt have Charlie try and do after showing him the animal who has undergone the same experiment he is now a part of?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)