|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charlie start to hate Algernon after his surgery?
(a) He keeps losing the maze races to him.
(b) He does not like small animals.
(c) He does not trust the mouse's beady eyes.
(d) He is mad that the procedure worked for the mouse, but not for him.
2. Who are the only patients of this experiment before Charlie?
(a) Intelligent people.
(c) No one.
(d) Vegitative people.
3. What do Charlie's doctors think a rapid growth in IQ will make Charlie do?
(b) Become sick.
(c) Hurt his emotional stability.
(d) Be overwhelmed.
4. What is on the fifth floor of the building where Burt works?
(a) Monkeys and mice.
(b) Ferrets and mice.
(c) Rabbits and rats.
(d) Cats and dogs.
5. What does Burt give Charlie to do on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Crayons and paper.
(b) Building blocks.
(d) Mazes and puzzles.
6. Who does Charlie say hollers at him at work in the third entry in the Progress Report?
7. Why can't Charlie's uncle give permission for Charlie to be a part of this experiment?
(a) He is not the guardian.
(b) He is in a coma.
(c) He is retarded as well.
(d) He is dead.
8. Who is Charlie's boss at his place of work?
(a) Mr. Conner.
(b) Mr. Flanner.
(c) Mr. Donner.
(d) Mr. Banner.
9. What is the date of the first Progress Report entry?
(a) March 13.
(b) May 13.
(c) March 3.
(d) May 3.
10. What does Miss Kinnian bring Charlie just before his surgery?
(a) Chocolate cake..
(c) A picture.
11. How often does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
(a) 3 days a week.
(b) 4 days a week.
(c) 5 days a week.
(d) 2 days a week.
12. Which of the following is NOT one of Charlie's friends from the bakery?
(a) Mr. Donner.
(c) Joe Carp.
13. What does Charlie say he wants lots of just before his surgery?
14. Who does Charlie want to show his new intelligence to after the surgery?
(a) Ms. Kinnian.
(b) His parents.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His friends at the bakery.
15. What does Charlie say he is willing to endure in order to be smart?
(b) Moving away from his family.
(d) A short life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie feel just before the surgery?
2. What did the test that Charlie took on the second day of the experiment involve?
3. Who told Charlie to work hard at school?
4. What does Burt say Charlie has a lot of that most people of his IQ do not?
5. Who comes to see Charlie every day to check his temperature and blood pressure after the surgery?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)