|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the animal that has undergone the same experiment Charlie is now a part of?
2. Why is Charlie so tired at work since this experiment began?
(a) He does not like the bed at the hospital.
(b) He stays up worrying about his test results.
(c) He can't sleep because he is so excited.
(d) He stays up late to write the Progress Report.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Charlie's friends from the bakery?
(b) Mr. Donner.
(c) Joe Carp.
4. What is Charlie's little sister's name?
5. Why does Charlie keep writing in his Progress Report and taking tests after his surgery?
(a) They told him it would help him get smarter faster.
(b) They are paying him to.
(c) He likes it.
(d) It is all part of the experiment he contracted to do.
6. What is Charlie told to write in his progress report?
(a) His feelings.
(b) His thoughts on the experiment.
(c) What he learns at school.
(d) Everything he thinks and remembers.
7. Why do the people in the bakery think Charlie is having surgery because he is sick?
(a) Charlie was not allowed to tell them the truth.
(b) Ms. Kinnian thought it would be better that they think he was sick.
(c) Professor Nemur did not want Charlie to tell them about the nature of the experiment.
(d) Charlie wanted to surprise them when he came back smart.
8. What is the date of the first Progress Report entry?
(a) March 3.
(b) March 13.
(c) May 13.
(d) May 3.
9. How does Charlie feel when he is finally chosen to undergo the procedure to raise his IQ?
10. What good luck charm does Charlie keep to help him be brave?
(a) A lucky penny.
(b) A special rock.
(c) A rabbit's foot.
(d) A picture of his mother.
11. Why does Charlie not like writing in his Progress Report by the third day?
(a) It takes a long time.
(b) He does not like the way it looks.
(c) It makes him feel stupid.
(d) It hurts his head.
12. How old is Charlie at the beginning of the book?
13. What is Charlie supposed to see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
14. What is the name of Charlie's nurse after his surgery?
15. What does Dr. Strauss say he will NOT help Charlie do after his surgery?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe Carp ask Charlie when he sees the scar on Charlie's head after the surgery?
2. What gives Charlie headaches after the surgery?
3. What has Charlie learned already that is impressive to Dr. Strauss on the fifth day of the experiment?
4. Where does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
5. What do the doctors tell Charlie about the results of the Rorschach test the day afterward?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)