|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Burt take Charlie on his fourth day of the experiment?
(a) The Psychological Laboratory.
(b) The Physics Office.
(c) The Physics Library.
(d) The Psychology Library.
2. Who suggested that Charlie should be a part of the experiment in the first place?
(a) Charlie's mom.
(c) Charlie's boss.
(d) Charlie's teacher.
3. Who does Charlie want to show his new intelligence to after the surgery?
(a) His friends at the bakery.
(b) His uncle.
(c) Ms. Kinnian.
(d) His parents.
4. What does the doctor giving Charlie the test on the second day of the experiment tell him to do during the test?
(a) Try hard.
5. How long has Charlie worked at the bakery?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 17 years.
6. Why can't Charlie's uncle give permission for Charlie to be a part of this experiment?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is not the guardian.
(c) He is in a coma.
(d) He is retarded as well.
7. Why does Strauss tell Charlie he will not notice his improvement at first after the surgery?
(a) It will seem normal to him.
(b) It is hard to notice at first.
(c) It will happen gradually.
(d) He must wait and be patient.
8. Where does Charlie have lunch with Burt after he is released from the hospital after his surgery?
(a) The hospital cafeteria.
(b) The college restaurant.
(c) The bakery.
(d) A fast food joint.
9. How old is Charlie at the beginning of the book?
10. What has Charlie learned already that is impressive to Dr. Strauss on the fifth day of the experiment?
(a) Run the maze.
(b) Navigate the hospital.
(c) Hold a job.
(d) Read and write.
11. Why is Charlie so tired at work since this experiment began?
(a) He stays up worrying about his test results.
(b) He can't sleep because he is so excited.
(c) He stays up late to write the Progress Report.
(d) He does not like the bed at the hospital.
12. What do Charlie's doctors think a rapid growth in IQ will make Charlie do?
(b) Be overwhelmed.
(c) Hurt his emotional stability.
(d) Become sick.
13. What does Charlie vow to do after having a talk with Dr. Strauss after his surgery?
(a) Beat Algernon at the maze.
(b) Not lose hope.
(c) Work as hard as he can.
(d) Be as smart as Strauss.
14. How does Charlie feel just before the surgery?
15. How often does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
(a) 5 days a week.
(b) 2 days a week.
(c) 3 days a week.
(d) 4 days a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie supposed to do for a test on the fourth day of the experiment?
2. What is Nemur's reply to Charlie's question to him just before the surgery?
3. How does Charlie feel about the doctor who gave him the test on his second day of the experiment?
4. Why does Charlie not like writing in his Progress Report by the third day?
5. What date does Charlie start writing in his Progress Report again after his surgery?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)