|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charlie supposed to see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
2. What is Charlie afraid of on his second day of the experiment?
(a) He failed a test.
(b) He will never be smart.
(c) He will not like his new teacher.
(d) The experiment will hurt.
3. What date does Charlie start writing in his Progress Report again after his surgery?
(a) March 11.
(b) May 11.
(c) May 21.
(d) March 21.
4. What does Burt say Charlie has a lot of that most people of his IQ do not?
5. Why does Charlie keep writing in his Progress Report and taking tests after his surgery?
(a) It is all part of the experiment he contracted to do.
(b) They are paying him to.
(c) He likes it.
(d) They told him it would help him get smarter faster.
6. What is the one thing Charlie wants more than anything in the world?
(a) To find love.
(b) To learn.
(c) To be normal.
(d) To make his mom proud.
7. Why does Charlie start to hate Algernon after his surgery?
(a) He does not like small animals.
(b) He does not trust the mouse's beady eyes.
(c) He keeps losing the maze races to him.
(d) He is mad that the procedure worked for the mouse, but not for him.
8. Who does Charlie need permission from to undergo the procedure to increase his IQ?
(a) A family member.
(b) His doctor.
(c) His guardian.
9. How often does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
(a) 2 days a week.
(b) 3 days a week.
(c) 5 days a week.
(d) 4 days a week.
10. Why does Charlie not like writing in his Progress Report by the third day?
(a) It takes a long time.
(b) He does not like the way it looks.
(c) It hurts his head.
(d) It makes him feel stupid.
11. What is Charlie's little sister's name?
12. What kind of experiment is Charlie a part of?
(a) Something to increase reflex timing.
(b) Something to slow the effects of aging.
(c) Something to monitor thinking habits.
(d) Something to raise his IQ.
13. Who is Charlie's sister living with when she is found by the doctors?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
14. What does Charlie almost shout to the passersby when he is at lunch with Burt after being released from the hospital?
(a) He will be like them soon.
(b) He is not going to be dumb long.
(c) He will be smart soon.
(d) He wants to be their friend.
15. What is a possible complication of the surgery Charlie is about to undergo to raise his IQ?
(a) He may go crazy.
(b) He could regress.
(c) He could lose all his former memories.
(d) He could go blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Strauss tell Charlie he will not notice his improvement at first after the surgery?
2. What color is the room where Charlie's surgery takes place?
3. What does Charlie offer to do when he cannot complete the test he is given on the fourth day of the experiment?
4. Who gave Nemur money for the experiment on Charlie?
5. How does Charlie feel at the end of his second day of the experiment?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)