|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor giving Charlie the test on the second day of the experiment tell him to do during the test?
(b) Try hard.
2. What kind of test does Charlie take on the second day of the experiment?
(a) A Personality evaluation.
(b) A Rorschach test.
(c) An IQ test.
(d) A Color Code test.
3. What do his friends from the bakery bring Charlie just before his surgery?
(a) Chocolate cake.
4. What happens when Charlie goes the wrong way with his electric pencil when he does the maze Burt gives him?
(a) It emits a loud sound.
(b) He gets shocked.
(c) The maze changes.
(d) He has to start over.
5. Who is Charlie's sister living with when she is found by the doctors?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
6. What does Charlie say he wants lots of just before his surgery?
7. What has Charlie learned already that is impressive to Dr. Strauss on the fifth day of the experiment?
(a) Navigate the hospital.
(b) Hold a job.
(c) Read and write.
(d) Run the maze.
8. What does Charlie's school specialize in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Educating poor people.
(b) Building confidence in higher IQ individuals.
(c) Teaching retarded adults.
(d) Using new techniques of memorization.
9. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
(a) To be smarter than his friends.
(b) To get a promotion at his job.
(c) To read and write well.
(d) To be like a normal person.
10. What does Charlie almost shout to the passersby when he is at lunch with Burt after being released from the hospital?
(a) He will be smart soon.
(b) He is not going to be dumb long.
(c) He will be like them soon.
(d) He wants to be their friend.
11. What good luck charm does Charlie keep to help him be brave?
(a) A rabbit's foot.
(b) A special rock.
(c) A lucky penny.
(d) A picture of his mother.
12. What is Charlie told to write in his progress report?
(a) His feelings.
(b) His thoughts on the experiment.
(c) What he learns at school.
(d) Everything he thinks and remembers.
13. Who does Charlie want to show his new intelligence to after the surgery?
(a) His parents.
(b) Ms. Kinnian.
(c) His friends at the bakery.
(d) His uncle.
14. Why does Charlie keep writing in his Progress Report and taking tests after his surgery?
(a) They told him it would help him get smarter faster.
(b) He likes it.
(c) They are paying him to.
(d) It is all part of the experiment he contracted to do.
15. What do Charlie's friends in the hospital bring Charlie before his surgery?
(a) Chocolate cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Charlie lose against the animal who has undergone the same experiment that Charlie is now a part of?
2. Where does Burt take Charlie on his fourth day of the experiment?
3. Who comes to see Charlie every day to check his temperature and blood pressure after the surgery?
4. What were Charlie's bandages after his surgery covering?
5. What do Charlie's doctors think a rapid growth in IQ will make Charlie do?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)