|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Donner know Charlie?
(a) He was Charlie's uncle's best friend.
(b) He is Charlie's uncle.
(c) He is a friend of Charlie's mother.
(d) He saw Charlie on the street and took him under his wing.
2. How many times does Charlie lose against the animal who has undergone the same experiment that Charlie is now a part of?
3. What did Charlie used to get hit for doing?
(a) Being messy.
4. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
(a) To read and write well.
(b) To be smarter than his friends.
(c) To be like a normal person.
(d) To get a promotion at his job.
5. What good luck charm does Charlie keep to help him be brave?
(a) A rabbit's foot.
(b) A picture of his mother.
(c) A lucky penny.
(d) A special rock.
6. What does Charlie almost shout to the passersby when he is at lunch with Burt after being released from the hospital?
(a) He wants to be their friend.
(b) He will be smart soon.
(c) He is not going to be dumb long.
(d) He will be like them soon.
7. What does Charlie offer to do when he cannot complete the test he is given on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Draw a picture of people he knows.
(b) Show them his journal.
(c) Tell stories about his uncle.
(d) Pretend he can do the test.
8. What is a possible complication of the surgery Charlie is about to undergo to raise his IQ?
(a) He could lose all his former memories.
(b) He could go blind.
(c) He may go crazy.
(d) He could regress.
9. What is the one thing Charlie wants more than anything in the world?
(a) To find love.
(b) To learn.
(c) To make his mom proud.
(d) To be normal.
10. What is the only thing Charlie can see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
(a) Strange shapes.
(b) Blots of ink.
(c) Funny little drawings.
11. How do the doctors say they will be able to keep track of what is going on in Charlie's head after the surgery?
(a) His success with the mazes.
(b) His Progress Report.
(c) His testing scores.
(d) His interactions with people.
12. Who suggested that Charlie should be a part of the experiment in the first place?
(a) Charlie's boss.
(c) Charlie's teacher.
(d) Charlie's mom.
13. What happens when Charlie goes the wrong way with his electric pencil when he does the maze Burt gives him?
(a) The maze changes.
(b) He gets shocked.
(c) It emits a loud sound.
(d) He has to start over.
14. What is the name of the doctor who administered Charlie's test on the second day of the experiment?
15. How old is Charlie at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Charlie's uncle give permission for Charlie to be a part of this experiment?
2. Where is Charlie's sister found by the doctors?
3. What does Miss Kinnian bring Charlie just before his surgery?
4. What does Dr. Strauss say he will NOT help Charlie do after his surgery?
5. Who is Charlie's teacher at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)