|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the fifth floor of the building where Burt works?
(a) Rabbits and rats.
(b) Monkeys and mice.
(c) Ferrets and mice.
(d) Cats and dogs.
2. What has Charlie learned already that is impressive to Dr. Strauss on the fifth day of the experiment?
(a) Read and write.
(b) Run the maze.
(c) Hold a job.
(d) Navigate the hospital.
3. What characteristic does Burt say Charlie and Algernon share?
4. What is Charlie afraid of on his second day of the experiment?
(a) The experiment will hurt.
(b) He will never be smart.
(c) He failed a test.
(d) He will not like his new teacher.
5. How does Charlie feel at the end of his second day of the experiment?
6. Where does Burt take Charlie on his fourth day of the experiment?
(a) The Physics Library.
(b) The Psychological Laboratory.
(c) The Physics Office.
(d) The Psychology Library.
7. What is the one thing Charlie wants more than anything in the world?
(a) To find love.
(b) To be normal.
(c) To make his mom proud.
(d) To learn.
8. What is Charlie told to write in his progress report?
(a) His feelings.
(b) Everything he thinks and remembers.
(c) His thoughts on the experiment.
(d) What he learns at school.
9. Who does Charlie want to talk to first when he gets smart after his surgery?
(a) His boss.
(b) His mom.
(c) Ms. Kinnian.
(d) His friends at the bakery.
10. Who does Charlie need permission from to undergo the procedure to increase his IQ?
(a) A family member.
(b) His guardian.
(c) His doctor.
11. Who is Charlie's boss at his place of work?
(a) Mr. Donner.
(b) Mr. Flanner.
(c) Mr. Banner.
(d) Mr. Conner.
12. What kind of experiment is Charlie a part of?
(a) Something to raise his IQ.
(b) Something to increase reflex timing.
(c) Something to slow the effects of aging.
(d) Something to monitor thinking habits.
13. Where is Charlie's sister found by the doctors?
14. What does Charlie's school specialize in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Building confidence in higher IQ individuals.
(b) Educating poor people.
(c) Using new techniques of memorization.
(d) Teaching retarded adults.
15. Who suggested that Charlie should be a part of the experiment in the first place?
(a) Charlie's teacher.
(c) Charlie's boss.
(d) Charlie's mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason do the doctors give Charlie for taking so many tests and statistics?
2. Why is Charlie so tired at work since this experiment began?
3. What is Charlie supposed to do for a test on the fourth day of the experiment?
4. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
5. How do the doctors say they will be able to keep track of what is going on in Charlie's head after the surgery?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)