|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie work?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A school
(c) A bakery.
(d) A restaurant.
2. What is Charlie supposed to see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
3. Who asked Charlie to keep the Progress Report?
(a) Dr. Strauss.
(b) Dr. Lillthorn.
(c) Dr. Blumburg.
(d) Dr. Kinnian.
4. Why does Charlie keep writing in his Progress Report and taking tests after his surgery?
(a) It is all part of the experiment he contracted to do.
(b) They are paying him to.
(c) They told him it would help him get smarter faster.
(d) He likes it.
5. What is Charlie afraid of on his second day of the experiment?
(a) He failed a test.
(b) He will not like his new teacher.
(c) The experiment will hurt.
(d) He will never be smart.
6. What is the name of Charlie's nurse after his surgery?
7. What is Nemur's reply to Charlie's question to him just before the surgery?
(d) We don't know.
8. What is the date of the first Progress Report entry?
(a) March 3.
(b) March 13.
(c) May 3.
(d) May 13.
9. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
(a) To be like a normal person.
(b) To read and write well.
(c) To be smarter than his friends.
(d) To get a promotion at his job.
10. How often does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
(a) 2 days a week.
(b) 5 days a week.
(c) 4 days a week.
(d) 3 days a week.
11. What does Dr. Strauss say he will NOT help Charlie do after his surgery?
12. Who does Charlie need permission from to undergo the procedure to increase his IQ?
(a) His doctor.
(b) His guardian.
(c) A family member.
13. What date does Charlie start writing in his Progress Report again after his surgery?
(a) May 11.
(b) May 21.
(c) March 21.
(d) March 11.
14. Where does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
(a) Beekman College.
(b) Portman College.
(c) Portland University.
(d) Beekland University.
15. What does the doctor giving Charlie the test on the second day of the experiment tell him to do during the test?
(a) Try hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Nemur money for the experiment on Charlie?
2. Who suggested that Charlie should be a part of the experiment in the first place?
3. What is a possible complication of the surgery Charlie is about to undergo to raise his IQ?
4. What does Ms. Kinnian say about Charlie as a pupil?
5. Where does Charlie have lunch with Burt after he is released from the hospital after his surgery?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)