|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie say he is willing to endure in order to be smart?
(c) Moving away from his family.
(d) A short life.
2. How does Charlie feel about the doctor who gave him the test on his second day of the experiment?
(a) He is mean.
(b) He is nice.
(c) He is stiff.
(d) He seems bored.
3. How many times does Charlie lose against the animal who has undergone the same experiment that Charlie is now a part of?
4. What is the only thing Charlie can see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
(a) Blots of ink.
(b) Funny little drawings.
(d) Strange shapes.
5. How long has Charlie worked at the bakery?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 17 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
6. What is Charlie supposed to do for a test on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Write a funny story.
(b) Make up stories about people.
(c) Categorize a pile of pictures.
(d) Tell two truths and a lie about himself.
7. Why does Strauss tell Charlie he will not notice his improvement at first after the surgery?
(a) He must wait and be patient.
(b) It will happen gradually.
(c) It will seem normal to him.
(d) It is hard to notice at first.
8. What does Charlie think the doctor who gave him the test on the second day of the experiment looks like?
(a) A police man.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A regular person.
(d) A dentist.
9. Where is Charlie's sister found by the doctors?
10. What kind of experiment is Charlie a part of?
(a) Something to increase reflex timing.
(b) Something to slow the effects of aging.
(c) Something to raise his IQ.
(d) Something to monitor thinking habits.
11. Who does Charlie need permission from to undergo the procedure to increase his IQ?
(a) A family member.
(c) His guardian.
(d) His doctor.
12. Who comes to see Charlie every day to check his temperature and blood pressure after the surgery?
(b) A nurse.
13. What is the name of the main doctor overseeing Charlie's experiment?
(a) Doctor Neiman.
(b) Professor Neuron.
(c) Doctor Nielsen.
(d) Professor Nemur.
14. What do Charlie's friends in the hospital bring Charlie before his surgery?
(b) Chocolate cake.
15. Who does not want Charlie to be used in the experiment?
(a) Professor Nemur.
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) Ms. Kinnian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe Carp ask Charlie when he sees the scar on Charlie's head after the surgery?
2. What does Charlie vow to do after having a talk with Dr. Strauss after his surgery?
3. What is the name of the doctor who administered Charlie's test on the second day of the experiment?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of Charlie's friends from the bakery?
5. What do his friends from the bakery bring Charlie just before his surgery?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)