|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Progress Report 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What perk mentioned by Nemur just before his surgery does Charlie not care at all about?
2. Where does Charlie spend most of his time once he reaches the peak of his intellectual abilities?
(a) With Alice.
(b) At the college.
(c) In the lab.
(d) Outside in nature.
3. What has Charlie learned already that is impressive to Dr. Strauss on the fifth day of the experiment?
(a) Read and write.
(b) Hold a job.
(c) Run the maze.
(d) Navigate the hospital.
4. What upsets Ms. Kinnian when she is talking with Charlie after his procedure one day?
(a) Reading about the treatment Charlie receives from the people at the bakery.
(b) Seeing the low rate of growth in his abilities.
(c) Reading the reviews given him by his therapist.
(d) Seeing his low pay for his work at the bakery.
5. Why does Charlie hesitate to turn Gimpy in when he catches him doing something wrong at the bakery?
(a) Gimpy is his only true friend.
(b) Gimpy has a family.
(c) Gimpy is his leader.
(d) Gimpy has always been nice to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlie supposed to see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
2. What does Charlie say he does not want to have happen to Algernon when he is shown around the lab?
3. How many times does Charlie lose against the animal who has undergone the same experiment that Charlie is now a part of?
4. Where does Charlie attend school at the beginning of the book?
5. How many days after his surgery does it take for Charlie to start writing in his Progress Report again?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)