|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Progress Report 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After talking with some college students when his IQ has reached 100, what does Charlie think that college is?
(a) The place where all former beliefs are challenged.
(b) The place where you can be free to be yourself.
(c) The place to learn how to really live.
(d) The place where dreams come true.
2. What does Miss Kinnian bring Charlie just before his surgery?
(a) Chocolate cake..
(d) A picture.
3. What does Charlie do to fit in and look smart once his IQ reaches 100 even though he knows it is silly?
(a) Wears University themed clothing.
(b) Takes a dance class.
(c) Smokes a pipe.
(d) Wears his hats backwards.
4. When Charlie was younger, who pushed to keep Charlie in the normal public school system?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
5. What present does Fay bring for Algernon one day?
(a) A maze.
(b) A bag of peanuts.
(c) A tiny bow tie.
(d) A female mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the test that Charlie took on the second day of the experiment involve?
2. What does Charlie hope to be able to hold conversations about once he is smart after the surgery?
3. How do Charlie's co-workers respond to the drastic change in Charlie as he becomes more intelligent?
4. What do Charlie's friends from the bakery make him do with Ellen at a party?
5. What does Ms. Kinnian teach Charlie about after she reads his Progress Reports?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)