|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Progress Report 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charlie start to hate Algernon after his surgery?
(a) He does not like small animals.
(b) He keeps losing the maze races to him.
(c) He is mad that the procedure worked for the mouse, but not for him.
(d) He does not trust the mouse's beady eyes.
2. What is on the fifth floor of the building where Burt works?
(a) Monkeys and mice.
(b) Cats and dogs.
(c) Ferrets and mice.
(d) Rabbits and rats.
3. How old is Charlie at the beginning of the book?
4. What do Charlie's friends from the bakery make him do with Ellen at a party?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Walk her home.
(c) Talk with her.
(d) Dance with her.
5. What does Charlie's school specialize in at the beginning of the book?
(a) Building confidence in higher IQ individuals.
(b) Educating poor people.
(c) Using new techniques of memorization.
(d) Teaching retarded adults.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie build for Algernon in his own furnished apartment?
2. What does Charlie say he is willing to endure in order to be smart?
3. What is the name of the doctor who administered Charlie's test on the second day of the experiment?
4. What color is the room where Charlie's surgery takes place?
5. What does Charlie do that angers Alice when he picks her up from the Beekman college one day?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)