|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Progress Report 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlie ask Nemur just before the surgery?
(a) If he will die.
(b) If it will hurt.
(c) If he will be able to beat Algernon in the maze.
(d) If he will be smarter than Nemur.
2. What does Charlie offer to do when he cannot complete the test he is given on the fourth day of the experiment?
(a) Pretend he can do the test.
(b) Show them his journal.
(c) Tell stories about his uncle.
(d) Draw a picture of people he knows.
3. What do Charlie's doctors think a rapid growth in IQ will make Charlie do?
(a) Hurt his emotional stability.
(b) Become sick.
(d) Be overwhelmed.
4. What is Charlie most excited for just before the surgery?
(a) To read and write well.
(b) To be like a normal person.
(c) To get a promotion at his job.
(d) To be smarter than his friends.
5. What does Nemur tell Charlie he will do if the surgery works for Charlie?
(a) Help other people like Charlie.
(b) Make a lot of money.
(c) Write a book about Charlie.
(d) Help animals all over the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charlie feel when he is finally chosen to undergo the procedure to raise his IQ?
2. What kind of test does Charlie take on the second day of the experiment?
3. What is Nemur's reply to Charlie's question to him just before the surgery?
4. How many times does Charlie lose against the animal who has undergone the same experiment that Charlie is now a part of?
5. What does Miss Kinnian bring Charlie just before his surgery?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)