|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Progress Report 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charlie start to hate Algernon after his surgery?
(a) He does not like small animals.
(b) He keeps losing the maze races to him.
(c) He is mad that the procedure worked for the mouse, but not for him.
(d) He does not trust the mouse's beady eyes.
2. What is Charlie supposed to see in his test on the second day of the experiment?
3. What do Charlie's friends in the hospital bring Charlie before his surgery?
(b) Chocolate cake.
4. What does Joe Carp ask Charlie when he sees the scar on Charlie's head after the surgery?
(a) If it hurt.
(b) If he opened a door the hard way.
(c) If he will be dumber now than before.
(d) If he had brains put in.
5. What does Charlie vow to do after having a talk with Dr. Strauss after his surgery?
(a) Be as smart as Strauss.
(b) Not lose hope.
(c) Beat Algernon at the maze.
(d) Work as hard as he can.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nemur tell Charlie he will do if the surgery works for Charlie?
2. What is on the fifth floor of the building where Burt works?
3. What does Charlie think the doctor who gave him the test on the second day of the experiment looks like?
4. What does Charlie do during his free time at the college when his IQ reaches 100?
5. How does Charlie pretend to be a student at the college once his IQ hits 100?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)