|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) "Our Mother's Surprise".
(b) "One Rainy Afternoon".
(c) "At Last, Momma".
(d) "To Find a Friend".
2. What is the title of Chapter 16 of the book?
(a) "To Find a Friend".
(c) "My Stepfather".
(d) "Color All Days Blue, but Save one for Black".
3. Who has a dream about Cory being taken to heaven?
(d) The Mother.
4. What does Chris overhear Bart telling his mother happened one night as if it was a dream?
(a) Someone attacked him.
(b) He heard kids.
(c) An angel kissed him.
(d) He dreamed he had children.
5. What does the Mother bring to the children for entertainment at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) A radio.
(d) A television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Chris and Cathy overhear someone saying the Mother's relationship with her date is, during the Christmas party?
2. Which of the following things does Chris not witness the Mother and her date doing when he sees them in Chapter 11?
3. Where do Chris and Cathy go when they first escape the room one night?
4. Who eventually insists that Cory be taken to the hospital after he becomes very ill in Chapter 20?
5. How long does the Mother go without visiting the children in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chris describe their mother's bedroom to Cathy?
2. How does the Mother discuss menstruation with Cathy in the book?
3. How does Cory come to have a pet mouse?
4. What happens when grandmother finds Chris in front of a window in Chapter 15?
5. What do the children realize is the reason their mother hasn't visited them in a month in Chapter 18?
6. How is Bartholomew Winslow first described in the book?
7. How do Chris and Cathy come to make love for the first time?
8. How is Chris and Cathy's first kiss described in the book?
9. What do Chris and Cathy witness at the Christmas party while hiding in a cupboard?
10. What does Chris overhear his mother and Bart talking about while hiding in their room in Chapter 19?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)