|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Chris and Cathy do after he tends to her wounds from being beaten by the grandmother?
(b) Make love.
2. How long does the Mother go without visiting the children in Chapter 14?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) A month.
(d) 3 weeks.
3. What do Chris and Cathy do at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) Make love.
4. What does Cathy have a desire to do to her stepfather when she finds him asleep in a chair?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Hit him.
(d) Wake him up.
5. What is the title of Chapter 19?
(a) "At Last, Momma".
(b) "To Find a Friend".
(c) "My Stepfather".
(d) "Our Mother's Surprise".
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mother come to talk to Cathy about in Chapter 12?
2. What does Cathy cut Chris' hair to make him look like in the book?
3. What does Chris use to make an impression of his mother's key of the bedroom door?
4. What is the title of Chapter 11?
5. What does Chris do when he begins sneaking out of the bedroom in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chris learn about his mother from John Amos at the end of Chapter 20?
2. How do the children react after learning that Cory died?
3. What does Chris do when the grandmother accuses him and Cathy of incest in Chapter 13?
4. What does Chris overhear his mother and Bart talking about while hiding in their room in Chapter 19?
5. How do Chris and Cathy go to a lake in Chapter 14?
6. What do the children realize is the reason their mother hasn't visited them in a month in Chapter 18?
7. How does Cory come to have a pet mouse?
8. What happens when grandmother finds Chris in front of a window in Chapter 15?
9. How does Chris get a key to their bedroom door?
10. How does the Mother discuss menstruation with Cathy in the book?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)