|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old do the twins turn in Chapter 12?
2. How does Chris react when he learns Cathy kissed Bart?
3. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) "To Find a Friend".
(b) "One Rainy Afternoon".
(c) "Growing Up, Growing Wiser".
(d) "A Taste of Heaven".
4. Why does Cathy go out of the room alone in Chapter 19?
(a) The twins are sick.
(b) Chris is sick.
(c) Chris is tired.
(d) She wants to go alone.
5. What does Chris do when he begins sneaking out of the bedroom in Chapter 18?
(a) Stealing food.
(b) Stealing clothes.
(c) Torturing the grandfather.
(d) Stealing money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Mother tell the children is the reason she has been gone so long in Chapter 18?
2. What do the children find to put the pet mouse in?
3. Who eventually insists that Cory be taken to the hospital after he becomes very ill in Chapter 20?
4. What does the grandmother accuse Chris and Cathy of in Chapter 13?
5. How long does the Mother go without visiting the children in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Chris and Cathy witness at the Christmas party while hiding in a cupboard?
2. How does the Mother discuss menstruation with Cathy in the book?
3. How is Bartholomew Winslow first described in the book?
4. What happens when Cathy falls and cuts herself with scissors?
5. What do the children realize is the reason their mother hasn't visited them in a month in Chapter 18?
6. How does Chris get a key to their bedroom door?
7. How do the children react after learning that Cory died?
8. How do Chris and Cathy go to a lake in Chapter 14?
9. How is Cathy's hair ruined in Chapter 13?
10. What does Chris learn about his mother from John Amos at the end of Chapter 20?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)