|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 18?
(a) "Minutes Like Hours".
(b) "To Find a Friend".
(c) "Our Mother's Surprise".
(d) "My Stepfather".
2. Who eventually insists that Cory be taken to the hospital after he becomes very ill in Chapter 20?
(a) The grandmother.
(c) The Mother.
3. What is the title of Chapter 15?
(a) "At Last, Momma".
(b) "Our Mother's Surprise".
(c) "To Find a Friend".
(d) "One Rainy Afternoon".
4. What does the Mother bring to the children for entertainment at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(b) A radio.
(c) A television.
5. What does the grandmother beat Cathy with after breaking her whip?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A stick.
(c) A brush.
(d) A belt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris make a duplicate key of the bedroom door out of?
2. What does Chris use to make an impression of his mother's key of the bedroom door?
3. What does Chris resort to feeding the twins when the grandmother refuses to feed them?
4. What does Chris decide to steal right before they are going to run away?
5. What is the title of Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the grandmother and mother react when Cory becomes ill in Chapter 20?
2. What happens when Cathy falls and cuts herself with scissors?
3. How is Bartholomew Winslow first described in the book?
4. What happens when the Mother discovers Chris out of the room in Chapter 11?
5. How does Chris describe their mother's bedroom to Cathy?
6. What kind of book does Cathy find in her mother's room in Chapter 18?
7. What does Cathy notice about the gifts their mother brings them in Chapter 17?
8. What does Chris learn about his mother from John Amos at the end of Chapter 20?
9. How does the Mother discuss menstruation with Cathy in the book?
10. What do Chris and Cathy witness at the Christmas party while hiding in a cupboard?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)