|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) "The Attic".
(b) "Road to Riches".
(c) "The Wrath of God".
(d) "The Grandmother's House".
2. Who expresses doubts about their mother's honesty to them in Chapter 6?
3. What does the Mother say her father expressed when she told him she had no children with her late husband?
4. How long have the children been in the attic by Chapter 8?
(a) 2 months.
(b) A month.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. What does the Dollanganger children's mother do over and over again after the death of her husband?
(a) Bakes cookies.
(b) Rewrites a letter.
(c) Reads a book.
(d) Makes phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Cathy in Chapter 1?
2. Who reads to the twins until they fall asleep at night?
3. When does the children's mother say she will come to see them at the end of Chapter 2?
4. What day does the Mother come in dressed in sailing clothes to visit the children?
5. What does the grandmother bring to the children to add to their play area in the attic in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Mother try to encourage Cathy's love of dance in Chapter 8?
2. How does the mother describe the children's father the first time she met him?
3. How does Cathy react when she learns her mother is having a baby in Chapter 1?
4. What is the nature of the grandmother's speech to the children at the end of Chapter 2?
5. What do the children do with the art supplies their mother brings them in Chapter 8?
6. How does the Mother tell the children her parents reacted when they found out that she was having a relationship with Christopher?
7. What happens when the twins come down with a cold in Chapter 9?
8. What does the Dollanganger children's mother tell them about her father in Chapter 1?
9. How does the Mother tell the children how she and Christopher acted after they first begin dating?
10. How is the schoolroom the children find in the attic described?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)