|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Dollanganger children's mother hide after the death of her husband?
(a) In his chair.
(b) On their bed.
(c) In his car.
(d) At his desk.
2. Who becomes a father figure to the children in the attic after they have been there for some time?
(a) John Amos.
(b) Jim Johnson.
(d) Their grandfather.
3. Who bites the grandmother during an altercation with her in Chapter 5?
4. How old is Cathy in Chapter 1?
5. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(b) "To Make a Garden Grow".
(c) "Minutes Like Hours".
(d) "Momma's Story".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to welcome the children and their mother at the grandparents' home?
2. Who becomes difficult to deal with in the attic, in Chapter 7?
3. What does the children's grandmother tell them that children of the opposite sex aren't allowed to do?
4. What is the name of the children's mother's childhood home?
5. What is the title of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the grandmother show a small amount of compassion towards the children in Chapter 8?
2. What happens when the children play hide and seek in the attic during winter?
3. What happens when the twins come down with a cold in Chapter 9?
4. How does Chris try to make the attic more enjoyable for the twins in Chapter 4?
5. How is the Dollanganger family's trip to Virginia described in the book?
6. How does Cathy react when her mother comes into the attic in sailing clothes?
7. What is the nature of the grandmother's speech to the children at the end of Chapter 2?
8. How does Chris help Cathy deal with the twins in Chapter 7?
9. How does the Mother tell the children how she and Christopher acted after they first begin dating?
10. What do Chris and Cathy realize about their bodies in Chapter 8?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)