|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mother tell her children will have to happen before they can leave the room at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) The grandfather must die.
(b) The grandmother must die.
(c) The grandfather must accept them.
(d) The grandmother must accept them.
2. What does the children's grandmother tell them that children of the opposite sex aren't allowed to do?
(a) Touch each other.
(b) Eat together.
(c) Sleep in the same bed.
(d) Talk to one another.
3. Where does the Dollanganger children's mother hide after the death of her husband?
(a) On their bed.
(b) At his desk.
(c) In his car.
(d) In his chair.
4. How does the grandmother demand the children keep their surroundings in their room?
(c) As clean as they are able.
(d) However they want.
5. What game do Cathy and Chris play together in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 7?
2. What course does Cathy become frustrated that her mother isn't excelling in?
3. How old is Cathy in Chapter 1?
4. Who does the grandmother not wish to raise suspicions to regarding the children being at her house?
5. What is the title of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Dollanganger family's trip to Virginia described in the book?
2. How do the twins react when the grandmother gives them a mean speech in Chapter 5?
3. What does the Dollanganger children's mother do at her husband's desk just after his death?
4. What does Cathy wish about her grandfather at the end of Chapter 3?
5. What is the nature of the list of rules the grandmother gives the children on their first day at Foxworth Hall?
6. How does Cathy react when her mother comes into the attic in sailing clothes?
7. How does Chris try to make the attic more enjoyable for the twins in Chapter 4?
8. What happens when the children play hide and seek in the attic during winter?
9. What does the Mother reveal about the grandfather to her children at the end of Chapter 7?
10. How is the schoolroom the children find in the attic described?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)