|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins to scream when the grandmother gives a mean speech to the children in Chapter 5?
(b) The mother.
2. What kind of children does the Mother tell them they are in Chapter 6?
3. Who revives Cory after he hides and almost suffocates?
(c) The Mother.
(d) The grandmother.
4. How does the Dollanganger children's father die?
(a) A heart attack.
(c) In a car wreck.
(d) He is shot.
5. What does the Dollanganger children's mother do over and over again after the death of her husband?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Bakes cookies.
(c) Rewrites a letter.
(d) Makes phone calls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of deep beliefs did the children's mother say her parents had when she was growing up?
2. What is the title of Chapter 9?
3. What is the title of Chapter 3?
4. How old is the Dollanganger children's father when he dies?
5. What does the grandmother bring to the children to add to their play area in the attic in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the children play hide and seek in the attic during winter?
2. How does the mother tell the children she plans on earning a living in Chapter 6?
3. What does the Mother reveal about the grandfather to her children at the end of Chapter 7?
4. How is the Dollanganger family's trip to Virginia described in the book?
5. How does Cathy react when her mother comes into the attic in sailing clothes?
6. What does the Dollanganger children's mother tell them about her father in Chapter 1?
7. What does the Dollanganger children's mother do at her husband's desk just after his death?
8. How does Chris help Cathy deal with the twins in Chapter 7?
9. What do the children do with the art supplies their mother brings them in Chapter 8?
10. What is the nature of the mean speech the grandmother gives to the children in Chapter 5?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)