|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rare treat does the grandmother include in the basket when she finally gives them food in Chapter 13?
(a) Chocolate cake.
(b) Powdered donuts.
2. What does Chris overhear his grandmother saying about punishing the children while praying?
(a) That she hates the children.
(b) That she wants to get rid of her daughter.
(c) That she thought she was doing the right thing.
(d) That she hates God.
3. What does the Mother bring to the children for entertainment at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(b) A television.
(d) A radio.
4. Who eventually insists that Cory be taken to the hospital after he becomes very ill in Chapter 20?
(a) The Mother.
(d) The grandmother.
5. Who stands near a window and is reprimanded by the grandmother in Chapter 15?
6. What is the title of Chapter 10?
(a) "The Christmas Party".
(b) "The Long Winter and Spring and Summer".
(c) "Minutes Like Hours".
7. What does Cathy cut Chris' hair to make him look like in the book?
(a) A king.
(b) A grown man.
(c) Prince Charming.
(d) A little boy.
8. How does Chris react when he learns Cathy kissed Bart?
9. Who finds a pet mouse in the attic?
10. What do Chris and Cathy make a rope out of to use to escape the room for the first time?
(b) Shower curtains.
(d) Bed sheets.
11. How old do the twins turn in Chapter 12?
12. How does Cathy feel about the subject the Mother comes to talk to her about in Chapter 12?
13. What do Chris and Cathy overhear someone saying the Mother's relationship with her date is, during the Christmas party?
(a) Not serious.
(b) More serious than it looks.
(d) A happy one.
14. How long does the grandmother make the children go without food because Cathy won't cut her hair?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) A day.
(d) A week.
15. Who yells at the Mother when she comes to visit the children in Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cathy have a desire to do to her stepfather when she finds him asleep in a chair?
2. What is the name of the children's pet mouse?
3. Who has a dream about Cory being taken to heaven?
4. What kind of bed does Chris see in his mother's room?
5. What is the title of Chapter 12?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)