|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the children's pet mouse?
2. What kind of bed does Chris see in his mother's room?
(a) A swan bed.
(b) A canopy bed.
(c) A small wooden bed.
(d) A racecar bed.
3. What do Chris and Cathy overhear someone saying the Mother's relationship with her date is, during the Christmas party?
(b) A happy one.
(c) More serious than it looks.
(d) Not serious.
4. What kind of room does Chris find that has animal heads on the wall?
(a) A school room.
(b) A chapel.
(c) A hospital room.
(d) A trophy room.
5. What is the title of the chapter when Cathy and Chris' plan to escape is halted when Cory gets ill?
(a) "Color All Days Blue, but Save One for Black".
(c) "To Find a Friend".
(d) "My Stepfather".
6. What does the grandmother remove from the room at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) The mattresses.
(b) The toys.
(c) The blankets.
(d) The mirrors.
7. What is the name of the Mother's date to the Christmas party?
(a) John Amos.
(b) Bartholomew Winslow.
(c) Chris Garland.
(d) Jim Johnson.
8. What does Chris decide to steal right before they are going to run away?
(a) His mother's jewels.
(b) His grandmother's jewels.
(c) His mother's clothes.
(d) His grandfather's money.
9. Who hesitates to do anything when Cory becomes very ill in Chapter 20?
(a) The grandmother.
(b) The Mother.
10. What does Cathy have a desire to do to her stepfather when she finds him asleep in a chair?
(a) Hit him.
(b) Hug him.
(c) Wake him up.
(d) Kiss him.
11. Who tells the children that Cory died?
(a) The Mother.
(b) The grandmother.
(c) Jim Johnson.
(d) John Amos.
12. What do Chris and Cathy do at the end of Chapter 19?
(c) Make love.
13. What do Chris and Cathy do after he tends to her wounds from being beaten by the grandmother?
(b) Make love.
14. Who slaps Chris when he is found outside of the room in Chapter 11?
(b) The grandmother.
(c) The Mother.
(d) The grandfather.
15. What do Cathy and Chris begin teaching the twins after they celebrate their birthday in Chapter 12?
(c) Reading and writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 13?
2. What do the children find to put the pet mouse in?
3. What is the title of Chapter 15?
4. How does Cathy feel about the subject the Mother comes to talk to her about in Chapter 12?
5. How long does the grandmother make the children go without food because Cathy won't cut her hair?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)