|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chris overhear his grandmother saying about punishing the children while praying?
(a) That she thought she was doing the right thing.
(b) That she hates the children.
(c) That she wants to get rid of her daughter.
(d) That she hates God.
2. What does the person who tells the children of Cory's death say how he died?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) Of pneumonia.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) Of starvation.
3. What does Cathy cut Chris' hair to make him look like in the book?
(a) Prince Charming.
(b) A king.
(c) A grown man.
(d) A little boy.
4. What is the title of Chapter 17?
(a) "At Last, Momma".
(c) "To Make a Garden Grow".
(d) "My Stepfather".
5. What is the title of the chapter when Cathy and Chris' plan to escape is halted when Cory gets ill?
(a) "Color All Days Blue, but Save One for Black".
(b) "My Stepfather".
(c) "To Find a Friend".
6. Who finds a pet mouse in the attic?
7. How is the Mother dressed at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) In sailing clothes.
(b) In an expensive gown.
(c) In blue jeans.
(d) In a bathing suit.
8. What is Cathy worried will happen after looking at a book in her mother's room?
(a) Her soul will be damned.
(b) She will be sad.
(c) She will die.
(d) She will be free.
9. Who has a dream about Cory being taken to heaven?
(c) The Mother.
10. What stipulation does the grandfather's will have that would make the Mother give all her inheritance to the grandmother?
(a) She remarries.
(b) Her husband isn't dead.
(c) Discovery of her children.
(d) The grandmother changes her mind.
11. Where does the Mother tell her children she was for so long in Chapter 18?
(a) In jail.
(b) In rehab.
(c) On her honeymoon.
(d) In her new house.
12. What is the title of Chapter 13?
(a) "To Find a Friend".
(b) "One Rainy Afternoon".
(c) "A Taste of Heaven".
(d) "Growing Up, Growing Wiser".
13. What kind of activities does Cathy find people doing in a book she finds in her mother's room?
(a) Chilren playing.
(b) Playing with animals.
(c) People having sex.
(d) Collecting rock.
14. What does Chris use to make an impression of his mother's key of the bedroom door?
(b) A bar of soap.
15. Who tells the children that Cory died?
(a) The grandmother.
(b) The Mother.
(c) Jim Johnson.
(d) John Amos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rare treat does the grandmother include in the basket when she finally gives them food in Chapter 13?
2. What does Cathy have a desire to do to her stepfather when she finds him asleep in a chair?
3. How long does the Mother go without visiting the children in Chapter 14?
4. What is the title of Chapter 19?
5. What does Cathy think of doing when she goes out on the roof in Chapter 17?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)