|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grandmother tell the children they are seeds of in Chapter 5?
(a) The devil.
(b) The earth.
2. What does the Dollanganger children's mother do over and over again after the death of her husband?
(a) Reads a book.
(b) Rewrites a letter.
(c) Bakes cookies.
(d) Makes phone calls.
3. What did the Mother's mother say her children would become if she married Christopher?
4. What game do Cathy and Chris play together in Chapter 5?
5. Who tries to reassure everyone that their mother isn't lying to them at the end of Chapter 6?
6. What does Cathy begin noticing about Chris in Chapter 8?
(a) His body.
(b) His temper.
(c) His face.
(d) His personality.
7. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) "The Wrath of God".
(b) "The Road to Riches".
(c) "Minutes Like Hours".
(d) "Mommas Story".
8. Which of the following items do the children not find in the attic the first time they go up there?
9. What does the grandmother ask the children to have memorized in Chapter 7?
(b) Bible verses.
(c) The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The Spanish language.
10. How does the grandmother demand the children keep their surroundings in their room?
(c) As clean as they are able.
(d) However they want.
11. How many suitcases does the children's mother allow them to bring when they move to their grandparents' home?
12. What is the name of the children's mother's childhood home?
(a) Dartmouth Estate.
(b) Billingsly Hall.
(c) Foxworth Hall.
(d) Bragg Mansion.
13. What kind of deep beliefs did the children's mother say her parents had when she was growing up?
(c) Working hard.
14. How old was the Mother when she first met her future husband, Christopher?
15. What kind of room do the children find built in a corner of the attic?
(a) A nursery.
(b) A school room.
(c) A large kitchen.
(d) A trophy room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who secretly slips into the children's bedroom and spies on them in Chapter 5?
2. Who builds the twins a swing to play on in the attic?
3. Who revives Cory after he hides and almost suffocates?
4. What wing of the mansion do the children find they will live in, once they arrive at their grandparents' house?
5. What is the title of Chapter 5?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)