|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the grandmother show the children she has whipped at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(b) Their uncle.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their grandfather.
2. What is the title of Chapter 9?
(a) "Christopher's Explortation and Its Repercussions".
(b) "The Christmas Party".
(c) "The Long Winter, and Spring and Summer".
3. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) "Minutes Like Hours".
(b) "To Make a Garden Grow".
(c) "The Wrath of God".
4. How did the Mother's parents react when they discovered her relationship with Christopher?
5. How old was the Mother when she first met her future husband, Christopher?
6. How long did the Mother and Christopher keep their relationship a secret?
(a) Several years.
(b) Many months.
(c) A year.
(d) A few weeks.
7. How does the Dollanganger children's father die?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) He is shot.
(d) In a car wreck.
8. What is the title of Chapter 3?
(a) "The Wrath of God".
(b) "Road to Riches".
(c) "The Attic".
(d) "The Grandmother's House".
9. Where does Cory hide when he is lost and nearly suffocates?
(a) In the hamper.
(b) A trunk.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In a closet.
10. What is the father's middle name?
11. Who first comes down with a terrible cold in Chapter 9?
12. Who does the grandmother not wish to raise suspicions to regarding the children being at her house?
(a) Their uncle.
(b) Their grandfather.
(c) The servants.
(d) John Amos.
13. What expensive gift does the Mother bring to Carrie at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A dollhouse.
(c) A doll.
(d) A bear.
14. Who does the grandmother tell the children the person she has whipped at the beginning of Chapter 5 committed crimes against?
(a) John Amos.
(d) The children.
15. What kind of children does the Mother tell them they are in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who revives Cory after he hides and almost suffocates?
2. How does the grandmother pick up Carrie in Chapter 5?
3. Who tries to reassure everyone that their mother isn't lying to them at the end of Chapter 6?
4. What is the title of Chapter 4?
5. Who does Cathy wish was nicer than her grandmother at the end of Chapter 3?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)