|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) "Momma's Story".
(b) "To Make a Garden Grow".
(d) "Minutes Like Hours".
2. Which of the following things does the Mother not tell her children regarding her life outside the room in Chapter 8?
(a) The people she sees.
(b) The places she goes.
(c) The lovers she has.
(d) The secretarial classes she takes.
3. What does the children's mother assure them their time in the bedroom will be, before leaving them in Chapter 2?
4. How long did the Mother and Christopher keep their relationship a secret?
(a) Many months.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) Several years.
(d) A year.
5. Where do the twins demand to go after they show disinterest in being in the attic?
(c) In their bedroom.
(d) At their old home.
6. Where does the Dollanganger children's mother hide after the death of her husband?
(a) At his desk.
(b) In his chair.
(c) In his car.
(d) On their bed.
7. What does the grandmother ask the children to have memorized in Chapter 7?
(a) The Declaration of Independence.
(b) Bible verses.
(d) The Spanish language.
8. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) "To Make a Garden Grow".
(b) "The Wrath of God".
(d) "Minutes Like Hours".
9. What relation does the grandmother tell the children their father had to their mother?
(a) He was her brother.
(b) He was her half-uncle.
(c) He was her half-brother.
(d) He was her cousin.
10. Where does Cory hide when he is lost and nearly suffocates?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In the hamper.
(c) A trunk.
(d) Under the bed.
11. What is the first thing the children decide to do to make the attic more suitable?
(a) Paint it.
(b) Block parts off.
(c) Clean it.
(d) Make a garden.
12. How many siblings does the children's mother have?
13. What is the name of the children's mother's childhood home?
(a) Billingsly Hall.
(b) Bragg Mansion.
(c) Foxworth Hall.
(d) Dartmouth Estate.
14. What is the title of Chapter 6?
(b) "The Christmas Party".
(c) "Minutes Like Hours".
(d) "Momma's Story".
15. Who becomes a father figure to the children in the attic after they have been there for some time?
(a) Jim Johnson.
(c) Their grandfather.
(d) John Amos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Mother's mother say her children would become if she married Christopher?
2. What kind of children does the Mother tell them they are in Chapter 6?
3. What does the children's mother tell them they have none of in Chapter 1?
4. What does the grandmother bring to the children to add to their play area in the attic in Chapter 8?
5. What day does the Mother come in dressed in sailing clothes to visit the children?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)