|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 2?
(a) "The Wrath of God".
(b) "Mommas Story".
(c) "Minutes Like Hours".
(d) "The Road to Riches".
2. Where does the person who bites the grandmother in Chapter 5 inflict the wound?
(a) Her arm.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her leg.
3. What time are the children allowed to go into the attic each day?
(a) 11:00 a.m.
(b) 8:00 a.m.
(c) 7:00 am.
(d) 10:00 a.m.
4. How does the grandmother demand the children keep their surroundings in their room?
(b) As clean as they are able.
(d) However they want.
5. How old is Cathy in Chapter 1?
6. Who is the first person to welcome the children and their mother at the grandparents' home?
(a) A maid.
(b) Their grandfather.
(c) Their grandmother.
(d) John Amos.
7. Who does Cathy wish was nicer than her grandmother at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) Their grandfather.
(b) Their butler.
(c) Their uncle.
(d) The gardener.
8. Who first comes down with a terrible cold in Chapter 9?
9. Who does the grandmother show the children she has whipped at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Their grandfather.
(b) Their uncle.
(d) Their mother.
10. How long have the children been in the attic by Chapter 8?
(a) A month.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
11. What does Chris push Cathy to start doing again in Chapter 8?
12. What does the grandmother give the children a list of in Chapter 3?
(b) Spelling words.
(c) Books to read.
13. Who begins to scream when the grandmother gives a mean speech to the children in Chapter 5?
(d) The mother.
14. What holiday occurs, where the children have to wait all day to get food, and when it arrives it's cold?
(b) The twins' birthday.
15. Which of the following items do the children not find in the attic the first time they go up there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of her relatives does the children's mother say is very wealthy?
2. What does the grandmother tell the children she will do to them if they do not mind her at the end of Chapter 5?
3. Where does the Dollanganger children's mother hide after the death of her husband?
4. What is the name of the children's mother's childhood home?
5. In what state do the children's grandparents live?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)