|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Mother tell her children will have to happen before they can leave the room at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) The grandmother must accept them.
(b) The grandfather must accept them.
(c) The grandfather must die.
(d) The grandmother must die.
2. What does the children's mother assure them their time in the bedroom will be, before leaving them in Chapter 2?
3. Who secretly slips into the children's bedroom and spies on them in Chapter 5?
(a) John Amos.
(b) The grandfather.
(c) The grandmother.
(d) The mother.
4. Which of the following items do the children not find in the attic the first time they go up there?
5. How does the children's mother describe their father the first time she saw him?
(a) Old and mysterious.
(b) Young and beautiful.
(c) Young and sweet.
(d) Dark and kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the Mother when she first met her future husband, Christopher?
2. How do the children and their mother travel to the grandparents' home?
3. Who revives Cory after he hides and almost suffocates?
4. What time are the children allowed to go into the attic each day?
5. What holiday occurs, where the children have to wait all day to get food, and when it arrives it's cold?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)