|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the grandmother do to the person who bites her in Chapter 5?
(a) Kicks her.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Kicks him.
(d) Yells at him.
2. Who does the grandmother tell the children the person she has whipped at the beginning of Chapter 5 committed crimes against?
(a) The children.
(d) John Amos.
3. What wing of the mansion do the children find they will live in, once they arrive at their grandparents' house?
(a) The East Wing.
(b) The North Wing.
(c) The West Wing.
(d) The South Wing.
4. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) "To Make a Garden Grow".
(b) "Minutes Like Hours".
(c) "Momma's Story".
5. Who attacks the Mother when she comes to visit the children, dressed in sailing clothes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Dollanganger children's mother hide after the death of her husband?
2. How many suitcases does the children's mother allow them to bring when they move to their grandparents' home?
3. Who does Cathy wish was nicer than her grandmother at the end of Chapter 3?
4. Who does the grandmother show the children she has whipped at the beginning of Chapter 5?
5. Who is the first person to welcome the children and their mother at the grandparents' home?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)