Part 1: Prologue and Chapters 1-2
1. What does the author tell us about the story in the Prologue?
(a) That it is fictional.
(b) That it has a moral.
(c) That it is true.
(d) That it contains violent imagery.
2. What is the title of Chapter 1?
(a) "Goodbye, Daddy".
(b) "The Road to Riches".
(c) "The Grandmother's House".
(d) "The Wrath of God".
3. What is the relationship between Cathy and Chris?
(a) Brother and sister.
(c) Mother and son.
(d) Aunt and nephew.
4. How old is Cathy in Chapter 1?
5. How does Cathy react when her mother tells her she is having a baby?
6. How old are the twins when their father dies?
7. How old is the Dollanganger children's father when he dies?
8. How does the Dollanganger children's father die?
(b) A heart attack.
(c) He is shot.
(d) In a car wreck.
9. Where does the Dollanganger children's mother hide after the death of her husband?
(a) On their bed.
(b) In his car.
(c) At his desk.
(d) In his chair.
This section contains 3,802 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)