|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Others may think a person who turns down a promotion to be __________, but this person may have simply decided that the stress and responsibility were too much.
2. A more compelling way to occupy the mind is to ____________, according to the author.
(c) Go back to school.
(d) Watch movies.
3. What's interesting is that so many optimal experiences occur with ____________ because the relationships tend to be the strongest.
4. ___________ is also an excellent way to expand the consciousness and increase mental skill, according to the author.
5. The world is a hostile place when a person does not have any ________, according to the author.
6. A person who wants ______________ will need to work more than a nomad who has no responsibilities or material needs.
(a) Material things.
(b) To be a celebrity.
(c) To be invisible.
7. In pre-literate days, memory was indispensable as a method of transferring _____________ between people.
8. That said, some people will have troubles with some stress inducers, but will ___________in the face of others.
(a) Break apart.
(c) Not recognize the issue.
(d) Rise to the challenge.
9. If the body is not involved in physical activity, then the __________ will reveal itself, according to the author.
10. There is no rule written in stone about how much a person should work, rather, it all depends on the person's ________.
11. A person should seek to form a job in such a way that it resembles a _______ activity, such as weaving or hunting.
12. Solitude is a great thing when you want to solve a problem or master a ____________, according to the author.
13. Many children were born to carry on a _____________ or to serve a parent's biological need for children.
(a) Spiritual quest.
(c) Family name.
(d) Royal bloodline.
14. The author questions whether every minute of one's television watching was ____________ in the way it was meant to be.
15. Some people have learned to control the ___________ in such a way that lining the optimal experience become a reality.
Short Answer Questions
1. For some people, __________ is a key factor in their happiness and in achieving their state of flow.
2. The transformation is complete when a person's sense of ___________ is not destroyed by external forces.
3. Entire civilizations have been built around specific forms of ________, according to the author's research.
4. There are some people who find little to no distinction between work and ___________ time, which is becoming less and less today.
5. The second group of people who are faced with stress tend to ______________ when faced with it.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)