|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first group of people who are faced with stress tend to ____________ when faced with it.
(a) Ignore it.
(c) Rise up.
(d) Run away.
2. What's interesting is that so many optimal experiences occur with ____________ because the relationships tend to be the strongest.
3. In pre-literate days, memory was indispensable as a method of transferring _____________ between people.
4. What is NOT one of the things a person may need in order to cope with stress?
(a) External support.
(b) Psychological abilities.
(d) Coping strategies.
5. The author asks the question: "Why are some people weakened by ______, while others gain strength from it?"
6. ________ is certainly one thing that is responsible for causing grief in a person's life, according to the author.
7. Optimal flow does not present _________ conditions on where it may reside, according to the author.
8. Solitude is a great thing when you want to solve a problem or master a ____________, according to the author.
9. The transformation is complete when a person's sense of ___________ is not destroyed by external forces.
10. That said, some people will have troubles with some stress inducers, but will ___________in the face of others.
(a) Break apart.
(b) Rise to the challenge.
(d) Not recognize the issue.
11. If memory were not a part of these past cultures, then the __________ nature of many of these cultures would have been lost.
12. No matter what happens in life, many experts do believe that people are able to adjust and eventually will be able to find _________ once more.
13. One of the most popular ways that people force feed the brain is by ______________, according to the author.
(b) Cell phones.
14. There is no rule written in stone about how much a person should work, rather, it all depends on the person's ________.
15. Some may choose to work when it is not ____________, for the sheer challenge and enjoyment of it all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Memory may also be useful in maintaining __________ in otherwise horrific conditions, according to the author.
2. Many children were born to carry on a _____________ or to serve a parent's biological need for children.
3. No two __________ are exactly alike in their dynamic, the same way no two people are exactly alike in their beliefs and actions.
4. There was a time when people were parts of a family because the ______________ required it.
5. What is NOT a name which may have been derived from an occupation from long ago?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)