|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Those who are forced into solitude can be traumatized because their ______________ has been diminished in the eyes of society.
(a) Personal worth.
(b) Social value.
2. Solitude can also be __________ when one is forced into the situation and not given a choice in the matter.
3. The author asks the question: "Why are some people weakened by ______, while others gain strength from it?"
4. Some may choose to work when it is not ____________, for the sheer challenge and enjoyment of it all.
5. To experience optimal flow, one must find a _____________ in the work and achieve all that can be achieved.
6. If one consistently force feeds __________ into the brain, then it is difficult for the mind to address problems and worries.
7. ___________ are a crucial way to develop social skills outside of the family unit, according to the author.
(d) Romantic relationships.
8. The author points out that one may not realize just how little ___________ one has over the mind and its abilities.
9. As one grows older, friendships tend to become something more than a combination of ___________ experiences.
10. For one that is struggling to make ends meet and to keep a roof over their head, striving for _________ may seem like a frivolous luxury.
11. A person can realize that forcing their ___________ upon external situations is often fruitless for them.
12. Many children were born to carry on a _____________ or to serve a parent's biological need for children.
(a) Family name.
(c) Royal bloodline.
(d) Spiritual quest.
13. The way people relate to other members of their family is telling of their ___________ condition.
14. There are some people who find little to no distinction between work and ___________ time, which is becoming less and less today.
15. What is NOT one of the things a person may need in order to cope with stress?
(a) Coping strategies.
(b) Psychological abilities.
(c) External support.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some of the most enjoyable experiences a person can have are those that are born in the __________.
2. Some even choose to live in areas that are so remote that ___________ are a scarce commodity to enjoy.
3. Flow goes much deeper than a quest for _______. In fact, material possessions may be seen as icing on the cake.
4. The second group of people who are faced with stress tend to ______________ when faced with it.
5. The transformation is complete when a person's sense of ___________ is not destroyed by external forces.
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)