|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The act of doing a job that one loves while incorporating ____________ would almost guarantee a sense of flow.
(b) Help from willing partners.
(c) Skills and goals.
2. The way people relate to other members of their family is telling of their ___________ condition.
3. Some people have learned to control the ___________ in such a way that lining the optimal experience become a reality.
4. It is useless to memorize items that ________________, as one will not retain the knowledge.
(a) Are too simple to remember.
(b) Are for children.
(c) Are silly.
(d) Never be used.
5. There are some people who do not strive to reach the ______________, but are happy to stay in their positions.
(a) Retirement age.
(b) End of the rainbow.
(c) End of a path.
(d) Top rung of the ladder.
6. Since no one can avoid adversity, it is imperative that courage, perseverance, resilience, and strength are precious ____________.
7. Entire civilizations have been built around specific forms of ________, according to the author's research.
8. Memory is an important part of every culture and is required to move ahead in any ___________ system.
9. The Amish have a tradition of _________ people who misbehave or who break the law within their tradition.
10. People, by nature it seems, are ___________ animals who rely on others for enjoyment and survival.
11. A person can realize that forcing their ___________ upon external situations is often fruitless for them.
12. Regardless of history or meaning, __________ is an integral part of every person's life, either directly or indirectly.
13. __________ skills tend to reach their formation in the late adolescent years, according to the author's findings.
14. ___________ are a crucial way to develop social skills outside of the family unit, according to the author.
(a) Romantic relationships.
15. Others may think a person who turns down a promotion to be __________, but this person may have simply decided that the stress and responsibility were too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Those who are forced into solitude can be traumatized because their ______________ has been diminished in the eyes of society.
2. The author points out that one may not realize just how little ___________ one has over the mind and its abilities.
3. As one grows older, friendships tend to become something more than a combination of ___________ experiences.
4. Changing another person is virtually ____________, so many programs teach people to change their reactions instead.
5. Contrary to popular opinions, health and wealth are not cures for ___________ in life.
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)