|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Making of Meaning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An event that conflicts with the self can wreak havoc until the ________ accepts or rejects appropriate behaviors and attitudes.
(c) Inner child.
2. It is important to realize that many challenges are actually comprise of the practice of exercising ___________.
3. Pleasure may arise from a _____________, while enjoyment comes from a windfall at a casino.
(a) Well-planned meal.
(b) Spiritual experience.
(c) Lottery ticket.
(d) Tax refund.
4. In a culture where dancing is not permitted, the situation will require a change in order for the dancer to feel ___________.
(b) A part of the group.
5. What is NOT one of the three goals systems that Pitrim Sorokin has introduced, based on various epochs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Consciousness also allows a person to determine happiness or misery despite _______________.
2. While it's been said that flow can be achieved through physical activity, the ________ can also help to generate this flow.
3. In our everyday lives, we are limited to experiencing complete _________ because of our preconceived notions about life.
4. There was a time when people were parts of a family because the ______________ required it.
5. When the man is trying to find out why he got passed over for the job, what is the first reaction the author says he could have?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)