|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Making of Meaning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many children were born to carry on a _____________ or to serve a parent's biological need for children.
(a) Royal bloodline.
(c) Family name.
(d) Spiritual quest.
2. The second group of people who are faced with stress tend to ______________ when faced with it.
(a) Ignore it.
(b) Run away.
(c) Rise to the challenge.
3. In a culture where dancing is not permitted, the situation will require a change in order for the dancer to feel ___________.
(b) A part of the group.
4. A rock climber's _________ can change when they feel an unusual rock as they are ascending a mountain.
5. Most fakirs and practitioners of other mental disciplines do not hold up to ______________.
(a) The idea of flow.
(b) The Bible.
(d) Standard testing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In many cases, an event may be noticed, but not ____________, according to the author.
2. It is true that there will always be external forces that demand our _____________ and cause stress in our lives.
3. What would be the result if the mind did not attempt to put the experiences it has in some sort of order?
4. What's interesting is that so many optimal experiences occur with ____________ because the relationships tend to be the strongest.
5. No two __________ are exactly alike in their dynamic, the same way no two people are exactly alike in their beliefs and actions.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)