|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, The Making of Meaning.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mind tends to wander to the most __________ thoughts that are current residing in the brain when it is not fully captured.
2. Many people believe they are meant to be _____________ or they are not - no wiggle room between sides.
3. There are many stories of people in ______________ who relied on their memory to help them cope with the horrors.
(b) Concentration camps.
(c) Boarding schools.
(d) POW camps.
4. The Amish have a tradition of _________ people who misbehave or who break the law within their tradition.
5. The author reminds the readers that __________ is a great contributor to the achievement of flow.
(a) Physical activity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Happiness can be found when the result of certain events meet or exceed _____________ of the person in the situation.
2. There is no rule written in stone about how much a person should work, rather, it all depends on the person's ________.
3. It is safe to say, according to the author, that _________ has been used to enrich virtually every facet of human existence.
4. Entire civilizations have been built around specific forms of ________, according to the author's research.
5. What is NOT one of the ways in which a person might find happiness, according to the author of the book?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)