|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Enjoyment and the Quality of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To have happiness, to find _________, one must realize that changing one's reactions is simpler and more effective.
2. The concept of the Flow is a state in which one is so immersed in something that nothing else _________________.
(a) Will ever be the same.
(b) Will make them smile.
(c) Seems to matter.
(d) Can measure up.
3. Merging action with __________ also can increase flow, as in the case of physical activity, according to the author.
4. The author asks the reader to put aside the thought that ___________ can bring happiness to a person.
(c) Material objects.
5. Pleasure may arise from a _____________, while enjoyment comes from a windfall at a casino.
(a) Tax refund.
(b) Lottery ticket.
(c) Spiritual experience.
(d) Well-planned meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many strategies does the author provide for improving the quality of life?
2. One must ask how these expectations of one's future are formed and realize that the outcome is a _______________ experience.
3. For many reasons, the idea of psychic entropy is the direct opposite of optimal __________, according to the author.
4. Through experience, the self will be able to build and to recognize a hierarchy of _________ for life.
5. The author believes that the final analysis of the _________ order of the consciousness is incomplete and that it requires further study.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)