|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Enjoyment and the Quality of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The question of what is ____________ is the one question that modern poets, philosophers, and psychologists can't seem to answer.
2. In the author's research, ___________ was perceived the same way by all involved, regardless of age, ethnicity or social/economic rank.
3. Once one can process the conflicting behaviors and information, then things can return to __________ for the person.
(a) Higher consciousness.
4. Consciousness is actually a __________ process even though it is able to override genetics in order to become self-directed.
5. How many strategies does the author provide for improving the quality of life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Most fakirs and practitioners of other mental disciplines do not hold up to ______________.
2. Pleasure is the realization of ___________, while enjoyment is the situation when goals are exceeded, according to the author.
3. One large obstacle to joy and the feeling of fulfillment is the act of feeling ______________ during one's life.
4. ________ can teach a person how to exert the control and thereby steer the consciousness in the direction of joy and harmony.
5. Without consciousness, the author says, humans would only be able to _________ instinctively to all circumstances.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)