|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Enjoyment and the Quality of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Any action which requires attention from a person will results in the removal of the ability to fully __________ on other things.
(d) Post judgment.
2. What is the first reaction of the manager who has been passed over for a promotion in the company, in the author's example?
3. Consciousness is actually a __________ process even though it is able to override genetics in order to become self-directed.
4. Pleasure is the realization of ___________, while enjoyment is the situation when goals are exceeded, according to the author.
(b) Goals met.
5. A large portion of enjoyable acts are those which often involve __________ as well.
(a) A challenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. The nature of our nervous system requires the mind to take each event as it is happening and put it into __________.
2. The definition of happiness, according to the author, doesn't really matter in the big _________.
3. The author believes it is easy to differentiate between ____________ and enjoyment, though the two are closely related.
4. The self is often related to the __________, although this is a small part of the whole, according to the author.
5. You need to change your _________ conditions in order to improve the quality of your life, according to the author.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)