|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Enjoyment and the Quality of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ increases as people age, according to the book, so people become more willing to ask what their life is about.
2. Most fakirs and practitioners of other mental disciplines do not hold up to ______________.
(a) The Bible.
(b) Standard testing.
(d) The idea of flow.
3. One must ask how these expectations of one's future are formed and realize that the outcome is a _______________ experience.
4. The author states that the ______________ is a large part of the idea of human consciousness, containing all that a person has seen.
5. Through experience, the self will be able to build and to recognize a hierarchy of _________ for life.
Short Answer Questions
1. ________ can teach a person how to exert the control and thereby steer the consciousness in the direction of joy and harmony.
2. What is the first reaction of the manager who has been passed over for a promotion in the company, in the author's example?
3. The question of what is ____________ is the one question that modern poets, philosophers, and psychologists can't seem to answer.
4. It is true that there will always be external forces that demand our _____________ and cause stress in our lives.
5. Being able to expand the consciousness infinitely would render humans __________, according to the author.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)