|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Enjoyment and the Quality of Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many believe that the excitement of the challenge comes from _____________ of a particular situation.
(a) The audience.
(b) Being in control.
(c) The goals.
(d) The challenge.
2. Some philosophies state that outside forces that affect us are largely outside of us, which causes our lives to be ____________ and out of our control.
3. In many cases, an event may be noticed, but not ____________, according to the author.
4. A large portion of enjoyable acts are those which often involve __________ as well.
(a) A challenge.
5. The consciousness allows a person to invent ______________, create lies, and to envision works of art.
Short Answer Questions
1. A rock climber's _________ can change when they feel an unusual rock as they are ascending a mountain.
2. What does the author seem to believe is not actually something that exists in the world?
3. What is the first reaction of the manager who has been passed over for a promotion in the company, in the author's example?
4. People's perceptions are influenced by their ___________ and forces beyond their control in life.
5. Being able to expand the consciousness infinitely would render humans __________, according to the author.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)