|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the section labeled Father, what does Mother tell Alice to do with her remains when she dies?
2. Who does Mother live with when Alice goes to visit her after Nonna's funeral?
3. How does Alice say that Nonna described Mother?
4. How is Nonna described in Part Two:The Big House-Arthur?
5. What does Alice want to draw?
Essay Topic 1
What is the Fivey family legacy? What legacy does Father leave to Alice? To what degree does each character choose to accept or reject the legacy they are given?
Essay Topic 2
Consider the role of creativity, art and literature in Florida.
1)Compare and contrast the way that Father, Alice and Mr. Early use literature in their lives.
2) Do Mother's artistic talents contribute in any meaningful ways to the lives of anyone in the story?
3) How does Alice use her own literary talents in a meaningful way?
Essay Topic 3
The Fiveys seem to struggle to communicate with one another.
1) How is Nonna's inability to speak reflect on the Fiveys?
2) How do different members of Alice's family attempt to communicate their love for each other?
3) Which member of the family is the best and worst communicator? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)