Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Billy believe that Father died?
2. What does Alice argue with her aunt and uncle about after Arthur's death?
3. Where do Alice and Aunt Frances go together in the final chapter?
4. How does Alice's Walter die?
5. How do Nonna and Alice communicate?
Do you think 15-year-old Alice's behavior of staying out late and being involved with boys is understandable, immoral or risky? Explain your answers to each of these three judgments with evidence from the story and your own personal opinion.
Defining home and a place she belongs is not easy for Alice.
1) Compare and contrast the brownstone and Uncle Billy's house as homes for Alice.
2) Of all the places Alice lives, choose the two that most and least feel like home. Explain your reasoning.
3) Analyze the extent to which having Mother present is necessary for a house to feel like home to Alice at different times in her life.
Consider the role of creativity, art and literature in Florida.
1)Compare and contrast the way that Father, Alice and Mr. Early use literature in their lives.
2) Do Mother's artistic talents contribute in any meaningful ways to the lives of anyone in the story?
3) How does Alice use her own literary talents in a meaningful way?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)