Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Billy believe that Father died?
2. What does Alice argue with her aunt and uncle about after Arthur's death?
3. Where do Alice and Aunt Frances go together in the final chapter?
4. How does Alice's Walter die?
5. How do Nonna and Alice communicate?
Defining home and a place she belongs is not easy for Alice.
1) Compare and contrast the brownstone and Uncle Billy's house as homes for Alice.
2) Of all the places Alice lives, choose the two that most and least feel like home. Explain your reasoning.
3) Analyze the extent to which having Mother present is necessary for a house to feel like home to Alice at different times in her life.
Alice and Mother are the most central characters of the novel.
1) Explain how the power of their shared names impacts both figures.
2) Who is more strongly affected by her own mother: Mother or Alice? Explain.
3) Is Mother or Alice a more generous person? Explain.
Explain how the following events contributed to Alice's coming of age in the novel.
1) Mother going to the San.
2) Moving to the Big House.
3) Arthur's death.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)