Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Billy believe that Father died?
2. What does Alice argue with her aunt and uncle about after Arthur's death?
3. Where do Alice and Aunt Frances go together in the final chapter?
4. How does Alice's Walter die?
5. How do Nonna and Alice communicate?
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in the story struggle to be treated with dignity and respect and to treat themselves with self-respect. Answer the following questions with that fact in mind.
1) Which characters in the novel does Alice treat with the greatest and least amount of respect?
2) Which characters in the novel have the most and least self-respect?
3) What factors seem to indicate whether a character is treated with respect or not? Consider things like age, money, treatment of others, etc.
Essay Topic 2
What is the Fivey family legacy? What legacy does Father leave to Alice? To what degree does each character choose to accept or reject the legacy they are given?
Essay Topic 3
Do you think 15-year-old Alice's behavior of staying out late and being involved with boys is understandable, immoral or risky? Explain your answers to each of these three judgments with evidence from the story and your own personal opinion.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)