|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Alice and Mr. Early keep in touch until his death?
2. How does Alice's Walter die?
3. What was Mr. Early doing when he died?
4. What kind of poets does Alice say Father liked?
5. Where do Alice and Aunt Frances go together in the final chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does a setting create a character's experience or does a character impact and create parts of their setting? Using specific examples from the story, analyze the impact of setting on Alice in Florida.
Essay Topic 2
Alice and Mother are the most central characters of the novel.
1) Explain how the power of their shared names impacts both figures.
2) Who is more strongly affected by her own mother: Mother or Alice? Explain.
3) Is Mother or Alice a more generous person? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What motivates the greed, if you think they are greedy, of the following characters in the story: Uncle Billy, Alice, Mother, Aunt Frances?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)