|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What secret wish does Alice express after Nonna's funeral?
(a) To be a poet.
(b) To have a child.
(c) To move to Florida.
(d) To play with the philharmonic.
2. What does Aunt Frances confide to Alice during their last visit in the book?
(a) That she misses Uncle Billy.
(b) That she has cancer.
(c) That she regrets being so strict with Alice.
(d) That she sometimes steals packs of gum.
3. What does Alice say that Nonna claimed Mother lied about?
(a) Secretly dating Father.
(b) Nonna's husband having an affair.
(c) Mother's abuse.
(d) Stealing Nonna's paintings.
4. Where do Aunt Frances and Uncle Billy live when Alice visits them in Part Four?
(b) The Big House.
5. What does Alice ask Mother to sign in Part Four?
(a) A loan for Alice.
(b) Bank business papers.
(c) A card for Uncle Billy.
(d) A medical proxy form.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item of Uncle Billy's does Alice show to Mother in Part Four?
2. Where does Mother live at the time of Nonna's funeral?
3. What does Alice expect when she visits her mother in the last chapter?
4. What job does Alice have when she visits Mother after Nonna's funeral?
5. Who calls Alice to tell her about Mr. Early's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nonna kinder to Alice than she is to Mother?
2. What is Alice's Florida when she is in high school?
3. Describe the relationship between Mother and Nonna.
4. Why does Mother tell people that Father was a sculptor?
5. How does Mother remind Alice of Nonna during her time at the Birdcage?
6. Describe Mother's life when Alice visits her in California.
7. Describe the circumstances of Arthur's death.
8. What is the impact of Mr. Early's death on Alice?
9. Who is the most positive father figure in Alice's life?
10. Is Mother's interpretation of father's death believable?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)