|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise does Alice say she neglected to keep to Mr. Early?
(a) To attend his retirement party.
(b) To take his class at a local college.
(c) To meet him for coffee.
(d) To become a poet.
2. What secret wish does Alice express after Nonna's funeral?
(a) To play with the philharmonic.
(b) To be a poet.
(c) To have a child.
(d) To move to Florida.
3. What is true of Alice's boyfriend?
(a) He is younger and acne prone.
(b) He is older and unattractive.
(c) He is younger and an athlete.
(d) He is older and very handsome.
4. How is Nonna described in Part Two:The Big House-Arthur?
(a) As having a hardened heart.
(b) As having a heart of stone.
(c) As being heartless.
(d) As being soft-hearted.
5. What type of a place is the location where Mother lives in Part Four?
(a) A nursing home.
(b) A rehab clinic.
(c) A trailer.
(d) A singles apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Uncle Billy believe that Father died?
2. What does Alice want to draw?
3. Who does Mother blame for the circumstances of her life?
4. What does Mother say about Nonna's feelings for her children?
5. How does Walter respond when Alice asks him to move out of her brownstone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mother live apart from the family in California in Part Three: The Big House?
2. What is Alice's Florida when she is in high school?
3. Was living with Uncle Billy and Aunt Frances good for Alice?
4. Describe the circumstances of Arthur's death.
5. Is Mother's interpretation of father's death believable?
6. How is Arthur's death handled by Alice's family?
7. What is the impact of Mr. Early's death on Alice?
8. How has Mother and Alice's relationship changed when they are living on different coasts?
9. Who is the most positive father figure in Alice's life?
10. How does Mother remind Alice of Nonna during her time at the Birdcage?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)