|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hosts a party the summer that Alice is 12?
(d) Uncle Billy.
2. What does Florida represent to Alice and mother?
(a) Utopia and an escape.
(b) Healing and health.
(c) A place to find Alice's father.
(d) A solution to their financial woes.
3. What best describes Nonna's social life?
(a) Her home is always overrun with children.
(b) Many visitors come to call.
(c) She devotes her time to her church.
(d) She is a recluse.
4. What is one thing the unreliables take from Aunt Frances?
(d) Her television.
5. What does Arthur say that Mother asked him to do on the way to the San?
(a) Take her home.
(b) Stop for a milkshake.
(c) Take her out of state.
(d) Drive faster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes Mother's life in the Mother-Arlette section of Part One?
2. Who cares for Nonna's property?
3. What is true of Mother when Alice visits her at the San?
4. What type of feeling does Walter bring to Alice's home?
5. Who is Miss O'Boyle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe some of Mother's strengths.
2. How does Alice feel about going back to live with Mother after she is institutionalized and Alice moves in with Aunt Frances and Uncle Billy?
3. Does Uncle Billy love Alice?
4. Describe Walter's departure.
5. Why are Mother's crystal glasses important to Alice?
6. What do you think Alice's family was like before her father's death, based on information in the first chapter of the book?
7. How does Nonna feel about Mother?
8. What are Aunt Frances' priorities?
9. How does Alice compare Walter and Father?
10. Is it good for Alice to spend time with Mother?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)