|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nonna react to the straw bag creations of Mother's?
(a) She calls them cheap.
(b) She beams with pride.
(c) She fusses over silly details.
(d) She tosses them aside.
2. What happens to Walter?
(a) He leaves Alice and her mother.
(b) He dies from a heart attack.
(c) He becomes a born again Christian.
(d) He is mugged and falls into a coma.
3. How is mother treated by her mother and other family members?
(a) She is handled with kid gloves.
(b) She is used and abused.
(c) She is respected.
(d) She is unappreciated.
4. What does Mother wear when Alice visits her at the San?
(a) Stiletto heels.
(b) A discolored wig.
(c) Fuzzy slippers.
(d) A blouse with bleach spots.
5. Who is Walter?
(a) Alice's uncle.
(b) Mother's boyfriend.
(c) A stray dog.
(d) Alice's pet cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hosts a party the summer that Alice is 12?
2. What does Arthur say that Mother gave him?
3. What does Alice recall eating while her father talked of Florida, in Part One?
4. Who is upset about some of the things that Nonna often gives to Alice?
5. What does Uncle Billy do to some of Nonna's valuable pictures?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Alice's friendship with Arthur.
2. What do you think Alice's family was like before her father's death, based on information in the first chapter of the book?
3. Is it good for Alice to spend time with Mother?
4. Is Aunt Frances selfish?
5. Explain the circumstances that lead to Alice becoming an orphan.
6. Was Father a happy man?
7. Why do you think Alice and her mother have the same name?
8. Does Uncle Billy love Alice?
9. Is Uncle Billy satisfied with his life?
10. Is Alice a responsible teenager at age 15?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)