|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arthur do for mother?
(a) Buys her lunch.
(b) Mows her lawn.
(c) Drives her to the San.
(d) Carries her groceries.
2. What does Arlette suggest is the reason that Mother is mentally unstable?
(a) That Nonna hit her with an oar.
(c) That she was neglected as a child.
(d) That Nonna dropped her on her head.
3. What does Miss O'Boyle accuse Alice of when she starts coming home late at night?
(a) Being like Mother.
(b) Wasting her youth and good looks.
(c) Stealing from Nonna.
(d) Looking for trouble.
4. What does Alice say is one of her mother's unusual behaviors?
(a) Obsessively turning the faucet off and on.
(b) Rubbing her back against walls.
(c) Licking her fingernails.
(d) Knocking on a doorway before entering a room.
5. What does Alice say she feels like, living with Aunt Frances and Uncle Billy?
(a) An honored guest.
(c) A visitor.
(d) The daughter they never had.
6. Why is Alice concerned about Arthur in Part One (Father-Mother)?
(a) He seems to be losing his balance.
(b) He has a rash that the doctors can't explain.
(c) He has been ill and looks tired.
(d) He is very forgetful.
7. Who wears a cracked and smelly leather jacket?
8. How does Alice say that Arthur dies?
(b) A car accident.
(c) He is murdered.
(d) An accidental drowning.
9. Who is Arthur?
(a) An employee of Aunt Frances.
(b) Mother's boss.
(c) Alice's school friend.
(d) An employee at the San.
10. What possession of Mother's does Aunt Frances berate Alice for touching?
(a) Thumb-cut crystal glasses.
(b) Her parent's gold framed wedding photo.
(c) The opal earring that Aunt Frances wants to wear.
(d) A nude drawing.
11. Why did Alice's father want to bring Alice and Mother to Florida?
(a) To create hope and show them sun and warmth.
(b) To restore Mother's health with the healing sun and fruits.
(c) To get a job at Disneyworld.
(d) To escape the misery of his job.
12. What best describes Mother's life in the Mother-Arlette section of Part One?
(d) Anally organized.
13. What is Alice's main concern about living with Mother?
(a) Mother's drinking.
(b) Mother's seizures are getting worse.
(c) Life is embarrasing for Alice.
(d) Life is unpredictable and unstable.
14. Who does Aunt Frances tell Alice is paying for her living expenses while Mother is in the San?
(a) Mother's Trust.
(b) Uncle Billy.
15. What is Walter's favorite drink?
(a) Ginger ale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Walter?
2. What does Aunt Frances tell Alice that there are rules about that she needs to learn?
3. What does Mother wear on the last day Alice sees her in Part One (Mother-Arthur)?
4. What does Arthur say that Mother gave him?
5. Where is Nonna's house located?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)