|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Any House - Florida.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of Mother's friends ask Alice about?
(a) Where her husband is.
(b) Her abusive father.
(c) Father's sculptures.
(d) If she inherited her father's gift for music.
2. What does Arlette suggest is the reason that Mother is mentally unstable?
(a) That Nonna hit her with an oar.
(c) That she was neglected as a child.
(d) That Nonna dropped her on her head.
3. How does Alice say Mother sounds when she speaks?
(a) Uninflectedly, like she's thinking of something else.
(b) Quiet, like she hasn't yet woken up.
(c) Affected, like she is searching for the proper accent.
(d) Excitedly; she seems to echo off the walls.
4. What does Alice say she feels like, living with Aunt Frances and Uncle Billy?
(a) An honored guest.
(b) A visitor.
(d) The daughter they never had.
5. What does Mother tell Alice they will get when they go to Florida?
(b) A house with a pool.
(c) A bird.
(d) Blonde and skinny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Arthur headed when he dies?
2. What does Alice say she and her students mourn?
3. What job does Alice have when she visits Mother after Nonna's funeral?
4. What does Mother say was true of Nonna's husband?
5. What best describes Aunt Frances?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)