|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Arthur - Mother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Father die?
(a) In his car.
(b) In the ravine by the train tracks.
(c) In bed.
(d) In the river that flows under Main Street.
2. What does Mother say of Arlette's appearance?
(a) She's as pretty as a pail of worms.
(b) She's as pretty as dog chew.
(c) Her good looks are wasted.
(d) She chased her good looks away on the last train.
3. What was Mr. Early doing when he died?
(a) Reciting a poem.
(b) Marching in a parade.
4. What does Arthur do for mother?
(a) Mows her lawn.
(b) Buys her lunch.
(c) Carries her groceries.
(d) Drives her to the San.
5. What is true of Mother when Alice visits her at the San?
(a) She is calm.
(b) She has grown fat.
(c) She has lost a lot of weight.
(d) She is jittery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arthur say about Mother in her defense in Part One?
2. Who does Mother live with when Alice goes to visit her after Nonna's funeral?
3. Where does Alice go with Aunt Frances and Uncle Billy for an annual trip?
4. How does Alice say that Nonna described Mother?
5. What does Uncle Billy tell Alice her mother needs?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)