|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: The Big House - Mother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Walter's appearance?
(a) Fat and overgrown with hair.
(b) Losing hair and scruffy.
(c) Soft curves and sharp eyes.
(d) Disappointed mouth and Einstein hair.
2. What does Mother wear when Alice visits her at the San?
(a) A discolored wig.
(b) A blouse with bleach spots.
(c) Stiletto heels.
(d) Fuzzy slippers.
3. Who says, "Here's to you, here's to me, here's to our new home!"?
4. What does Alice tell Mr. Early about Father?
(a) That he wanted to be a poet.
(b) That he was going to take her to Florida.
(c) That she looks just like him.
(d) That he killed himself.
5. Who beats broomsticks against the floor?
(a) Aunt Frances.
(d) The upstairs neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is mother treated by her mother and other family members?
2. What does Mother wear on the last day Alice sees her in Part One (Mother-Arthur)?
3. Who is Arlette?
4. What does Alice say that Nonna felt about her children?
5. What does Mother say was true of Nonna's husband?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)