|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: The Big House - Mother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Nonna described in Part Two:The Big House-Arthur?
(a) As having a hardened heart.
(b) As being soft-hearted.
(c) As having a heart of stone.
(d) As being heartless.
2. What best describes Nonna's social life?
(a) She devotes her time to her church.
(b) Many visitors come to call.
(c) Her home is always overrun with children.
(d) She is a recluse.
3. What does Aunt Frances make Alice do?
(a) Let her hair grow long.
(b) Cut her hair short.
(c) Take two baths a day.
(d) Attend an etiquette class.
4. Who is Miss O'Boyle?
(a) Nonna's nurse.
(b) Alice's social worker.
(c) Mother's nurse.
(d) The woman Nonna works for.
5. What does Alice compare her mother's trip to the San to?
(b) Spring, after a long winter.
(c) The rebirth of a phoenix.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alice's mother's name?
2. What best describes Walter's appearance?
3. Who put coffee in their child's milk bottle?
4. What does Mother wear on the last day Alice sees her in Part One (Mother-Arthur)?
5. How old is Alice when her father dies?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)