|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Big House - Arlette's Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who put coffee in their child's milk bottle?
(b) A woman mother meets at the San.
(d) Arlette's neighbor.
2. How old is Alice when her father dies?
(b) It's her 7th birthday.
(c) She doesn't remember.
3. What best describes Nonna's social life?
(a) She devotes her time to her church.
(b) Many visitors come to call.
(c) She is a recluse.
(d) Her home is always overrun with children.
4. What does Arthur say about Mother in her defense in Part One?
(a) That she loved to shop for gifts.
(b) That her gift was creativity, not accounting.
(c) That she was generous and gave things away.
(d) That she understood money was meant to spread joy.
5. How does Nonna react to the straw bag creations of Mother's?
(a) She tosses them aside.
(b) She beams with pride.
(c) She fusses over silly details.
(d) She calls them cheap.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mother go to the San in Part One?
2. What does Florida represent to Alice and mother?
3. Who is Arlette?
4. What is true about Father's death?
5. What type of feeling does Walter bring to Alice's home?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)