|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: The Big House - Arlette's Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arlette say that Nonna once did to Mother?
(a) Hit her with an oar.
(b) Forgot to put her in the car for a family trip.
(c) Dropped her on her head.
(d) Hit her with a car.
2. What does Arthur say about Mother in her defense in Part One?
(a) That her gift was creativity, not accounting.
(b) That she was generous and gave things away.
(c) That she understood money was meant to spread joy.
(d) That she loved to shop for gifts.
3. What best describes Nonna's social life?
(a) She is a recluse.
(b) She devotes her time to her church.
(c) Her home is always overrun with children.
(d) Many visitors come to call.
4. What does Alice compare her mother's trip to the San to?
(c) The rebirth of a phoenix.
(d) Spring, after a long winter.
5. How is mother treated by her mother and other family members?
(a) She is unappreciated.
(b) She is respected.
(c) She is used and abused.
(d) She is handled with kid gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Alice's father want to bring Alice and Mother to Florida?
2. What does Mother do to ordinary straw bags, as described in Part One?
3. What is The Big House?
4. What best describes Walter and Mother's relationship?
5. What does Mother wear when Alice visits her at the San?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)