|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Mother - Arlette's Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What things does Alice mention that Aunt Frances and Uncle Billy give her?
(a) An iPod and a cell phone.
(b) Cochina slippers and ruffled skirts.
(c) A fancy computer and an ATM card.
(d) Turquoise jewelry and a birthstone ring.
2. How does Alice become an orphan?
(a) Both her parents are hit by a bus.
(b) Her father dies and Mother is institutionalized.
(c) Her father leaves and Mother dies in a car crash.
(d) Father is institutionalized and Mother leaves for Florida.
3. How is mother treated by her mother and other family members?
(a) She is handled with kid gloves.
(b) She is respected.
(c) She is used and abused.
(d) She is unappreciated.
4. What does Alice say she feels like, living with Aunt Frances and Uncle Billy?
(b) The daughter they never had.
(c) A visitor.
(d) An honored guest.
5. How does Mother relate to men after the death of Alice's father?
(a) She seeks out troubled men.
(b) She avoids all men.
(c) She seeks a father figure.
(d) She is angry at all men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alice refer to her father?
2. What does Alice say is one of her mother's unusual behaviors?
3. What happens to Walter?
4. What is the San?
5. What does Walter do while listening to music?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)