|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Mother - Arlette's Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character trait best describes Walter?
2. Who is Arlette?
(a) Mother's roommate at the San.
(b) Her relationship is not defined.
(c) Alice's cat.
(d) Alice's best friend.
3. What does Mother do to ordinary straw bags, as described in Part One?
(a) Makes party favors for Alice's birthday party.
(b) Makes them into stories with dollhouse trinkets.
(c) Turns them into masks.
(d) Weaves them with fishwire and ribbon.
4. When does Mother go to the San in Part One?
(a) One winter when Alice is ten.
(b) On the day she dresses for a job interview.
(c) One winter after she finishes her painting project.
(d) On the day that Alice's father dies.
5. What does Alice say is one of her mother's unusual behaviors?
(a) Knocking on a doorway before entering a room.
(b) Rubbing her back against walls.
(c) Licking her fingernails.
(d) Obsessively turning the faucet off and on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes Walter and Mother's relationship?
2. What is Alice's main concern about living with Mother?
3. How does life after the death of Alice's father compare to life before his death?
4. What best describes Alice's life with Aunt Frances and Uncle Billy?
5. Does Alice want to live with Mother again?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)