|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Mother - Arlette's Stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mother wear on the last day Alice sees her in Part One (Mother-Arthur)?
(a) The fuzzy slippers.
(b) The falling leaves coat.
(c) A normal looking tee shirt and jeans.
(d) A formal ball gown.
2. Who hosts a party the summer that Alice is 12?
(b) Uncle Billy.
3. What kind of music does Walter enjoy?
(c) Show tunes.
4. How does Alice scare Arlette when she visits her?
(a) By falling out of a tree.
(b) By teasing an angry tomcat.
(c) By almost drowning in an innertube.
(d) By choking on her dinner.
5. How does Mother use overripe fruit, as described in Part One?
(a) To bake a banana bread.
(b) To decorate a mantle for Christmas.
(c) To bake a fruit cake.
(d) To make a wreath for Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Walter?
2. What best describes Walter's appearance?
3. Who is Arthur?
4. How do the members of Mother's family react to the gifts she gives them at Christmas?
5. How old is Alice when her father dies?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)