|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Arthur - Mother.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alice live with at the brownstone at West 76th Street?
(a) Gloria, her talking bird.
(b) Walter, her husband.
(c) Gloria, her roommate.
(d) Walter, her boyfriend.
2. What does Mr. Early notice about Alice?
(a) That she looks and acts just like her mother.
(b) That she has a habit of going unnoticed.
(c) That she has an eye for art.
(d) That she shows a sensibility for literature.
3. How do Nonna and Alice communicate?
(a) By writing on a slate.
(b) With Miss O'Boyle as a translator.
(c) By writing on a spiral notepad.
(d) With hand gestures.
4. What is the San?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A mental asylum.
(c) A museum.
(d) An office complex.
5. What does Arlette say that Nonna once did to Mother?
(a) Hit her with a car.
(b) Forgot to put her in the car for a family trip.
(c) Dropped her on her head.
(d) Hit her with an oar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Miss O'Boyle say that Nonna 's eyes are almost always open, wet and watching?
2. Where does Mother live after she checks out of the San?
3. Who put coffee in their child's milk bottle?
4. What does Arthur say that Mother gave him?
5. Who is Miss O'Boyle?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)