1. What is Alice's mother's name?
2. What does Alice say is one of her mother's unusual behaviors?
(a) Rubbing her back against walls.
(b) Obsessively turning the faucet off and on.
(c) Licking her fingernails.
(d) Knocking on a doorway before entering a room.
3. Who beats broomsticks against the floor?
(b) The upstairs neighbor.
(d) Aunt Frances.
4. How does Alice say Mother sounds when she speaks?
(a) Quiet, like she hasn't yet woken up.
(b) Uninflectedly, like she's thinking of something else.
(c) Excitedly; she seems to echo off the walls.
(d) Affected, like she is searching for the proper accent.
5. Who is Walter?
(a) Alice's pet cat.
(b) A stray dog.
(c) Mother's boyfriend.
(d) Alice's uncle.
6. What kind of music does Walter enjoy?
(a) Show tunes.
7. What does Walter do while listening to music?
(b) Smoke cigarettes.
(c) Play games.
(d) Rest and stretch.
8. What best describes Walter's appearance?
(a) Soft curves and sharp eyes.
(b) Fat and overgrown with hair.
(c) Losing hair and scruffy.
(d) Disappointed mouth and Einstein hair.
This section contains 4,824 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)