Part 1: Mother - Arthur
1. What is Alice's mother's name?
2. What does Alice say is one of her mother's unusual behaviors?
(a) Rubbing her back against walls.
(b) Knocking on a doorway before entering a room.
(c) Licking her fingernails.
(d) Obsessively turning the faucet off and on.
3. Who beats broomsticks against the floor?
(a) Aunt Frances.
(c) The upstairs neighbor.
4. How does Alice say Mother sounds when she speaks?
(a) Uninflectedly, like she's thinking of something else.
(b) Affected, like she is searching for the proper accent.
(c) Quiet, like she hasn't yet woken up.
(d) Excitedly; she seems to echo off the walls.
5. Who is Walter?
(a) Alice's pet cat.
(b) A stray dog.
(c) Alice's uncle.
(d) Mother's boyfriend.
6. What kind of music does Walter enjoy?
(a) Show tunes.
7. What does Walter do while listening to music?
(a) Play games.
(b) Rest and stretch.
(d) Smoke cigarettes.
8. What best describes Walter's appearance?
(a) Soft curves and sharp eyes.
(b) Fat and overgrown with hair.
(c) Disappointed mouth and Einstein hair.
(d) Losing hair and scruffy.
This section contains 4,824 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)