Part 1: Mother - Arthur
• Mother rubs her back against the house, slides on the floor and speaks to Alice with no inflection.
• Walter drinks and listens to classical music.
• Alice recalls Father's promise to bring the family to Florida.
• Florida is described as a utopia of prefect weather and plentiful tropical fruits.
• Walter leaves Mother.
• Mother is committed to the San.
Part 1: Mother - Arlette's Stories
• Mother's straw bag creations are described.
• Uncle Billy asks Alice if she wants to live with Mother again.
• Alice has conflicted feelings about returning to Mother's chaos.
Part 1: Mother - Tuscon
• Aunt Frances and Arlette unpack Mother's belongings.
• Alice sneaks in to touch her mother's things.
• Aunt Frances reveals that Mother squandered her portion of the family money.
• Arthur says Mother was generous and gave him his stereo.
• Aunt Frances hires the unreliables.
• The unreliables ask Alice if she is as unhappy...
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)