Part 1: Mother - Arthur
* Mother rubs her back against the house, slides on the floor and speaks to Alice with no inflection.
* Walter drinks and listens to classical music.
* Alice recalls Father's promise to bring the family to Florida.
* Florida is described as a utopia of prefect weather and plentiful tropical fruits.
* Walter leaves Mother.
* Mother is committed to the San.
Part 1: Mother - Arlette's Stories
* Mother's straw bag creations are described.
* Uncle Billy asks Alice if she wants to live with Mother again.
* Alice has conflicted feelings about returning to Mother's chaos.
Part 1: Mother - Tuscon
* Aunt Frances and Arlette unpack Mother's belongings.
* Alice sneaks in to touch her mother's things.
* Aunt Frances reveals that Mother squandered her portion of the family money.
* Arthur says Mother was generous and gave him his stereo.
* Aunt Frances hires the unreliables.
* The unreliables ask Alice if she is as unhappy...
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)