|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jo respond to her talks with Gordon?
2. Who did Renee blame for her feelings about the others and their relationships?
3. How did the Flock compare to other graduate students?
4. How did Renee feel about the separation from Lynn and Gordon?
5. What holds Lynn back from treating all the personalities properly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Gordon and Lynn's reactions to Josie?
2. By Christmas of 1984, several of the personalities were merging. What was Lynn concerned about?
3. How did Renee react to the idea of an alliance when Lynn proposed it before graduate school?
4. Things were moving pretty smoothly until Renee went back to visit Richmond. Explain what happened during her visit there.
5. During the summer, what happened to the relationship between Renee and the others?
6. What happened when Joan Frances when to Dr. Tate?
7. What was the relationship between Rusty and Gordon?
8. What was unique about Renee in regards to her ability to see the other personalities?
9. Even though Lynn took on a mothering role, how did Renee feel about her love?
10. How had the relationship between Steve and Renee changed by the time she went to graduate school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jo and Renee had very different reactions to the idea that Gordon would help out in therapy sessions. Explain their reactions and why they each felt this way. How did Gordon make things right for all of them?
Essay Topic 2
How did Joan Frances become such a pivotal piece of the final merging of the Flock?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Renee in detail, showing how she changed throughout the book.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)