|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jo look like after vacation?
2. By the middle of August, how often did Joan have sessions?
3. In high school, how did the other personalities react to Isis' injury?
4. Where did Lynn decide to take Missy after Jo returned?
5. What happened to the personalities after Christmas of 1981?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Lynn reacted when she realized that Renee might be suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder. Describe how Renee reacted to the theory.
2. How did Lynn try to Jo to understand what all the others were doing?
3. Why did Lynn want to talk with Dr. Cornelia Wilbur?
4. How did Nancy feel about her second daughter?
5. Why did Renee decide to go for psychiatric treatment?
6. How did Jo react to the book, "Sybil"?
7. Describe Jo's relationship with her parents.
8. Renee knew that she was contradicting herself as she talked to the therapist. How did she react to the contradictions, and how did Lynn react?
9. What would happen to the different personalities before leaving for graduate school?
10. Describe how Renee came into being.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jo and Renee had very different reactions to the idea that Gordon would help out in therapy sessions. Explain their reactions and why they each felt this way. How did Gordon make things right for all of them?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Renee in detail, showing how she changed throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Rusty had a deep dislike of and disrespect for women. What was the history behind this, and how did he finally get to a point where he was ready to merge with a woman's body?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)