|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Renee invite Lynn and her husband to go?
2. When did Isis join Jo's body?
3. What is Joan Frances' character like?
4. By the end of August in 1981, how did Lynn feel about her treatment of Jo and the other personalities?
5. What did Joan's mother do when Joan was struggling to crawl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Jo when she went "inside"?
2. How did Jo feel about attending graduate school?
3. Where did Renee stand in regards to suicide at the beginning of the book, and then after a few weeks of therapy with Lynn?
4. How did Jo react to the book, "Sybil"?
5. What did Renee think about Jo?
6. What role did Renee take on herself with the Flock?
7. What would happen to the different personalities before leaving for graduate school?
8. Why did Lynn want to talk with Dr. Cornelia Wilbur?
9. What roles did the personalities play in getting through life?
10. What were the three categories that Renee split the personalities into?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jo and Renee had very different reactions to the idea that Gordon would help out in therapy sessions. Explain their reactions and why they each felt this way. How did Gordon make things right for all of them?
Essay Topic 2
Rusty had a deep dislike of and disrespect for women. What was the history behind this, and how did he finally get to a point where he was ready to merge with a woman's body?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the Flock's relationship with Ray.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)