|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Joan find herself doing at the window?
2. What does John Frances think about the disorder?
3. Joan knew that she would stop seeing Lynn in a few weeks. How did this make her feel?
4. By the end of August in 1981, how did Lynn feel about her treatment of Jo and the other personalities?
5. What happened when Jo went under hypnosis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the ethical dilemma Lynn faced when treating Renee?
2. What happened to Jo's plans for what she was going to do at her father's grave?
3. Who were Jo and Isis' romantic interests in high school?
4. Where did Renee stand in regards to suicide at the beginning of the book, and then after a few weeks of therapy with Lynn?
5. What did Renee think about Jo?
6. After meeting with Dr. Wilbur, what does Lynn think about her own therapeutic approaches?
7. How was Renee's relationship with Steve evolving?
8. What was unique about the Josie personality?
9. Why did Renee decide to go for psychiatric treatment?
10. Renee knew that she was contradicting herself as she talked to the therapist. How did she react to the contradictions, and how did Lynn react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how the personalities felt about integration even as they finally merged into one being. How did this affect Joan physically and mentally?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the Flock felt about the idea of hospitalization? What experiences did it have with the concept?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Renee and Jo, addressing how it evolved throughout the book.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)