|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Joan feel about the other students in the waiting room at the therapist's office?
(a) She felt extreme pity for them.
(b) She felt resentment towards them.
(c) She related to them when they came out of the offices all shaken up and crying.
(d) She declared that she would never be like them.
2. What does Missy think about the disorder?
(a) She won't even listen to the possibility be because she thinks that it is betraying her mother if she accepts the diagnosis.
(b) She thinks it doesn't exist.
(c) She doesn't care as long as she feels safe and loved.
(d) She freely admits to the diagnosis.
3. Where did Renee invite Lynn and her husband to go?
(a) To a house warming party at her new house.
(b) To the beach.
(c) Out to a movie.
(d) To dinner with Steve.
4. Where did Lynn decide to take Missy after Jo returned?
(a) To the park.
(b) To an art museum.
(c) To the waiting room.
(d) To a play.
5. What did Jo do to progress in treatment?
(a) She took medicine.
(b) She interviewed Sybil.
(c) She read the summary Lynn prepared for Dr. Wilbur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Jo have in September 1981?
2. What did Joan think about therapists?
3. How did Lynn feel about all the different personalities?
4. Whom did Lynn decide to consult with regarding Joan's case?
5. What does John Frances think about the disorder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Flock work with each other?
2. What role did Renee take on herself with the Flock?
3. What happened to Jo when she went "inside"?
4. After meeting with Dr. Wilbur, what does Lynn think about her own therapeutic approaches?
5. Where did Renee stand in regards to suicide at the beginning of the book, and then after a few weeks of therapy with Lynn?
6. How did Lynn try to Jo to understand what all the others were doing?
7. What was unique about the Josie personality?
8. How was Renee's relationship with Steve evolving?
9. What happens when Joe tried to undergo hypnosis?
10. How did Jo feel about attending graduate school?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)