|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Isis join Jo's body?
(a) When Jo was 13.
(b) When Jo was 3.
(c) When Jo was 8.
(d) When Jo was 23.
2. What did Larry do to Jo before having sex with her?
(a) He took her on vacation.
(b) He hypnotized her.
(c) He drugged her.
(d) He made her a nice meal.
3. What did Renee think about Gordon?
(a) She felt that he honestly liked her.
(b) She was scared of him.
(c) He made her angry.
(d) He reminded her of her dad.
4. What was Joan's marital situation at the beginning of the book?
(a) She had been married several times.
(b) Her husband wanted a separation.
(c) She was happily married.
(d) She was recently divorced.
5. What happened when Jo decided to be the person that she felt Lynn wanted her to be?
(a) She became ill from the stress.
(b) Her personalities merged.
(c) She became suicidal again.
(d) A new personality emerged.
6. What did Jo look like after vacation?
(a) Tan and elegant.
(b) Worn and wan.
(c) Vibrant and excitable.
(d) She looked drugged.
7. How did Jo react when she finally acknowledged that Lynn truly loved her?
(a) The thought terrified her, and she lashed out.
(b) She had many questions about love.
(c) She was finally at peace.
(d) She didn't trust it so she ran away.
8. What is Jo's character like?
(b) She wouldn't talk.
9. To everyone's surprise, how did Steve find their move to the house?
(a) He hated it.
(b) It was no problem for him.
10. How did Jo feel about birthdays?
(a) She hated them.
(b) She felt it was important to celebrate the birthday of each of her personalities.
(c) She didn't have any feelings about them.
(d) They were her favorite holidays.
11. How did the group of personalities feel about living in the house with Steve?
(a) It made them nervous.
(b) They wanted to go back to the old place.
(c) They loved it.
(d) They hated it.
12. In high school, how did the other personalities react to Isis' injury?
(a) They thought it was funny.
(b) They were confused because they didn't know what happened, yet they had the physical symptoms of the injury.
(c) They were angry at Isis.
(d) They didn't notice any injury.
13. What did Jo's mother tell her about Larry?
(a) He was trying to get in touch with Jo.
(b) He had been in the mental ward of the hospital.
(c) He was married.
(d) She said he was a wonderful teacher.
14. What did Lynn notice about Joan's recollections of the past regarding her relationships?
(a) She noticed that there were many contradictions.
(b) She noticed that Joan became agitated and hyper while talking about her past.
(c) She could see why Joan was suicidal.
(d) She was confused since Joan had an idyllic childhood.
15. What had Joan been doing before she found herself at the window?
(a) She had been on the telephone with a friend.
(b) She had been working on a typewriter at her desk.
(c) She had been on a business conference call.
(d) She had been grading papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Jo went under hypnosis?
2. How did the medical community feel about MPD according to Lynn?
3. What happened physically to Joan every time she had a session with Lynn?
4. What unusual feeling did Jo have for Steve after talking with Lynn when she ran away?
5. How did Renee feel about Steve's leaving to go to Cornell for six months?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)