|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
(a) He's modernized his painting style.
(b) He's learning to speak English.
(c) He's learning to cook.
(d) He's improved the house alone.
2. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
(a) He wants to stay with his grandfather.
(b) He wants to stay with his mother.
(c) He's playing a game.
(d) He says it's women's work.
3. What does Ono believe he gained from his admission?
(a) A good marriage for his daughter.
(b) Noriko's respect.
(c) Taro's admiration.
(d) Satisfaction and dignity.
4. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
(a) She thought it would interfere with her daughters' marriage chances.
(b) She thought it would cost them money.
(c) She thought her secret would be discovered.
(d) She thought the sellers had no right to check on them.
5. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(b) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(c) They've gone too far.
(d) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What always makes Mrs. Kawakami smile?
2. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
3. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
4. How does Kuroda's student, Enchi, change his attitude during Ono's visit?
5. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)