|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
(a) They would go see the monster movie.
(b) He would take him to the zoo.
(c) He would buy him art supplies.
(d) He would bring him dessert.
2. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
(a) Noriko would be angry if he interfered.
(b) Noriko might become overconfident.
(c) The outcome had been unsatisfactory.
(d) He doesn't want to make Noriko even more nervous.
3. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It is prestigious.
(b) It is visually exciting.
(c) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
(d) It suffered no damage during the war.
4. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) It is disrespectful.
(b) It is dishonest
(c) She feels guilty for causing discord.
(d) She feels guilty for not helping.
5. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
(a) He ignored them.
(b) He doted on them.
(c) He spoiled them.
(d) He was a tyrant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
2. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
3. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
4. How does Noriko's behavior change during the miai?
5. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)