|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Taro react to Ono's confession?
(a) He is shocked and leaves the room abruptly.
(b) He assures Ono that he is too hard on himself.
(c) He agrees that Ono has caused great harm to their society.
(d) He argues that artists had no part in the destruction.
2. Why was Shintaro not initially called up for military service?
(a) He was his family's only support.
(b) His service as an artist was more important.
(c) He was mentally defective.
(d) He had a bad leg.
3. Why is Ono surprised that Shintaro has not confided in him?
(a) Ono could have given Shintaro what he wanted.
(b) Ono's recommendation would have been all Shintaro needed.
(c) Ono had been his friend and mentor.
(d) Shintaro needed Ono's support.
4. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(b) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
(c) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(d) They've gone too far.
5. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
(a) Then she was relaxed and casual; now she is shy.
(b) Then she was friendly; now she is rude.
(c) Then she was shy; now she is relaxed and casual.
(d) Then she was heartbroken; now she is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
2. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
3. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
4. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
5. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)