|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is going in on both sides of Mrs. Kawakami's establishment?
(b) Office buildings.
(c) More modern bars.
2. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
(a) By telling him she's not strong enough to put the table away.
(b) By threatening to send him to his room.
(c) By threatening him with a time out.
(d) By telling him she will give him a treat.
3. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
(a) Destroyed buildings.
(b) Fire engines.
(c) Anti-war slogans.
4. Why isn't Ono able to understand Ichiro's imaginary talk?
(a) Ichiro was speaking English.
(b) Ichiro invented his own language.
(c) Ichiro was speaking German.
(d) Ichiro mumbled.
5. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
(a) He says that Kuroda would not have a high opinion of him.
(b) He praises Kuroda's work.
(c) He assures them that Kuroda would speak well of him.
(d) He denies ever knowing Kuroda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
2. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
3. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
4. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
5. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)