|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
(a) The Lone Ranger.
(b) Gene Autry.
(c) Roy Rogers.
(d) Lord Yoshitsune.
2. How does Ono view Shintaro's childlike attitude about the war?
(a) Ono hopes his friend will return to him.
(b) Ono sees Shintaro as cleverly pretending to be ignorant.
(c) Ono sees Shintaro as unaccountable for his actions.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as permanently damaged by the war.
3. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
(a) He doted on them.
(b) He spoiled them.
(c) He ignored them.
(d) He was a tyrant.
4. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
(b) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
(c) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
(d) Both girls are shy and retiring.
5. How does Kuroda's student, Enchi, change his attitude during Ono's visit?
(a) First he is hostile, then he becomes openly aggressive.
(b) First he is hostile, then openly welcoming.
(c) First he is welcoming, then embarrassed.
(d) First he is welcoming, then openly hostile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
2. Why does Ono enjoy Shintaro's company?
3. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
4. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
5. How does Noriko persuade Ichiro to help her clear away the breakfast things?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)