|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
2. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
(b) It brought shame to his employees.
(c) It was an embarrassment to the company.
(d) It was a tragic waste.
3. What does Ono think about the spirit of the old floating world?
(a) Perhaps it will be reborn at some point.
(b) Perhaps it will never be recreated.
(c) Perhaps it was the best we will ever know.
(d) Perhaps it was not always for the best.
4. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Visit her new bar when it's built.
(b) Paint advertising posters for her new bar.
(c) Bring all his friends to her bar.
(d) Loan her money.
5. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) By expressing admiration for a war criminal.
(b) By joking too loudly.
(c) By changing his painting style.
(d) By drinking too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
2. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
3. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
4. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
5. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)