|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kuroda's student, Enchi, change his attitude during Ono's visit?
(a) First he is welcoming, then embarrassed.
(b) First he is hostile, then he becomes openly aggressive.
(c) First he is welcoming, then openly hostile.
(d) First he is hostile, then openly welcoming.
2. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He sold them.
(b) He took them to a teacher.
(c) He took them to an appraiser.
(d) He burned them.
3. Why was Shintaro not initially called up for military service?
(a) He was his family's only support.
(b) His service as an artist was more important.
(c) He was mentally defective.
(d) He had a bad leg.
4. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
(b) Geisha houses.
(d) Theaters and restaurants.
5. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
(a) Shabby and out of place.
(b) Traditional and historic.
(c) Quaint and charming.
(d) Homelike and appealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shintaro want to disclaim?
2. How does Ono want Noriko to appear during the miai?
3. Why is Ono surprised that Shintaro has not confided in him?
4. How does Mrs. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
5. Why does Ono decide NOT to tell Noriko that he had contacted old acquaintances to try to ensure that her marriage negotiations went well?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)