|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(b) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
(c) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
(d) They were too poor to support the wedding.
2. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He kisses her.
(d) He obeys her.
3. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
(a) Ono and Shintaro are the only ones.
(b) Ono is the only one.
(c) Ono and his old group of students are the only ones.
(d) The construction workers are the only ones.
4. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
(a) Ninja fighters.
(b) Samurai warriors.
(c) American heroes.
(d) Japanese heroes.
5. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The veranda.
(b) The reception room.
(c) The well-lighted kitchen.
(d) The long garden corridor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do?
2. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
3. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
4. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
5. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)