|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do?
(a) Accept the builders' offer to buy her place.
(b) Refuse to sell her place.
(c) Stand and fight for her place.
(d) Hold out for a higher offer.
2. How does Kuroda's student, Enchi, change his attitude during Ono's visit?
(a) First he is welcoming, then openly hostile.
(b) First he is hostile, then openly welcoming.
(c) First he is welcoming, then embarrassed.
(d) First he is hostile, then he becomes openly aggressive.
3. What does Ono promise Ichiro as a reward for drawing a picture?
(a) He would take him to the zoo.
(b) They would go see the monster movie.
(c) He would buy him art supplies.
(d) He would bring him dessert.
4. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
(a) The construction workers are the only ones.
(b) Ono is the only one.
(c) Ono and Shintaro are the only ones.
(d) Ono and his old group of students are the only ones.
5. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
(a) He sold them.
(b) He took them to an appraiser.
(c) He took them to a teacher.
(d) He burned them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ono perceive Shintaro's nature now that his old friend no longer comes to Mrs. Kawakami's?
2. Why does Ono's wife object to being investigated to get the house?
3. Which of the sisters is older?
4. How does Noriko's behavior change during the miai?
5. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)