|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
(b) Both girls are shy and retiring.
(c) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
(d) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
2. What always makes Mrs. Kawakami smile?
(a) Seeing her old friend Shintaro.
(b) Remembering what a splendid district it had once been.
(c) Watching customers come in.
(d) Seeing her old friend Ono.
3. What does Ono think about the spirit of the old floating world?
(a) Perhaps it was the best we will ever know.
(b) Perhaps it will never be recreated.
(c) Perhaps it was not always for the best.
(d) Perhaps it will be reborn at some point.
4. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
(a) He praises Kuroda's work.
(b) He says that Kuroda would not have a high opinion of him.
(c) He denies ever knowing Kuroda.
(d) He assures them that Kuroda would speak well of him.
5. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Ichiro heard English spoken?
2. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
3. How does Taro Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
4. How does the Bridge of Hesitation get its name?
5. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)