|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) There were too many of them.
(b) He was too poor.
(c) He was not regarded as first rank.
(d) They were jealous of his friendship with Ono.
2. How does Ono perceive Shintaro's nature now that his old friend no longer comes to Mrs. Kawakami's?
(a) Ono sees Shintaro as foolish.
(b) Ono sees Shintaro as innocent.
(c) Ono sees Shintaro as a victim of other's deceits.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as cunning and underhanded.
3. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
(a) He found him a wife.
(b) He hired him as an apprentice.
(c) He loaned him money.
(d) He wrote a letter of recommendation.
4. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
(a) They didn't want to be associated with Ono.
(b) They were too poor to support the wedding.
(c) They didn't want their son to marry such a headstrong girl.
(d) They were uncomfortable about their son marrying above his station.
5. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
(a) Their wealth makes artists disrespectful of others.
(b) Their poverty makes artists weak-willed and depraved.
(c) Art is useless in the world.
(d) Artists are dishonest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
2. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
3. How does Kuroda's student, Enchi, change his attitude during Ono's visit?
4. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
5. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)