|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the corporation offer Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) To fund an expansion into the adjoining buildings.
(b) To go into partnership with her.
(c) To buy her out for a generous sum.
(d) To fund remodeling of her business.
2. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do with the profit from selling her bar?
(a) Retire to the seaside.
(b) Start a smaller place in the suburbs.
(c) Relax and put her feet up.
(d) Build a fine new place.
3. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
(a) The construction workers are the only ones.
(b) Ono and his old group of students are the only ones.
(c) Ono is the only one.
(d) Ono and Shintaro are the only ones.
4. What kind of mistakes does Ono believe are not shameful?
(a) Those made in good faith.
(b) Those made against one's will.
(c) Those made in youth.
(d) Those made in ignorance.
5. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
(a) To shorten the walk to town.
(b) To improve his daughters' marriage prospects.
(c) To impress his son's high school friends.
(d) To improve her social standing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a miai?
2. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
3. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
4. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
5. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)