|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Noriko's behavior appear during the first part of the miai?
(a) Boastful and rude.
(b) Quiet and shy.
(c) Noisy and disrespectful.
(d) Lively and intelligent.
2. What does Ono think about the return of the old floating world?
(a) It may yet return.
(b) Ono will pray for its return.
(c) It would be better if it returned.
(d) It is just as well that it will not return.
3. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(b) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(c) He should obey his mother.
(d) He should stay home with the women.
4. What does Shintaro not confide to Ono?
(a) He is leaving the city.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He has found a new job.
(d) He has applied for several teaching positions.
5. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) That Ono did not appreciate his students' progress.
(b) That Ono was not keeping up with changing times.
(c) That Ono was unaware of his own great reputation.
(d) That Ono was not the painter he used to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Kawakami's bar seem to Ono while the construction is under way?
2. What does Mrs. Kawakami call the pleasure district since the war?
3. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
4. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
5. How does Setsuko make up to Ono for Noriko's excluding him from the outing?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)