|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do?
(a) Accept the builders' offer to buy her place.
(b) Refuse to sell her place.
(c) Stand and fight for her place.
(d) Hold out for a higher offer.
2. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He obeys her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He laughs at her.
3. How does Ono perceive Shintaro's nature now that his old friend no longer comes to Mrs. Kawakami's?
(a) Ono sees Shintaro as a victim of other's deceits.
(b) Ono sees Shintaro as innocent.
(c) Ono sees Shintaro as foolish.
(d) Ono sees Shintaro as cunning and underhanded.
4. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
(a) Ninja fighters.
(b) American heroes.
(c) Japanese heroes.
(d) Samurai warriors.
5. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
(a) By acting as if the marriage negotiations were settled.
(b) By disparaging their house.
(c) By implying that she would never marry.
(d) By insulting her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
2. What is a miai?
3. Why did Ono as a young boy dread his father's business meetings?
4. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
5. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)