|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
(a) Stay awake for dinner.
(b) Remember to eat.
(c) Get up for breakfast.
(d) Go to bed.
2. Which of the sisters is older?
(b) We are not told.
(c) They are twins.
3. What does Ono say about the movie that insults Ichiro?
(a) He should stay home with the women.
(b) The movie might be too scary for young children.
(c) He is not strong enough to lift the table.
(d) He should obey his mother.
4. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) There were too many of them.
(b) He was too poor.
(c) They were jealous of his friendship with Ono.
(d) He was not regarded as first rank.
5. Why is Setsuko uncomfortable with Noriko's talk about Ono?
(a) She feels guilty for not helping.
(b) She feels guilty for causing discord.
(c) It is dishonest
(d) It is disrespectful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
2. What is a miai?
3. Why is Ono surprised that Shintaro has not confided in him?
4. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do?
5. What has changed in the city between 1948 and 1949?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)