|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality does Ono say the arguments and banter of the old days always had?
2. How does Ono describe Noriko and Setsuko?
(a) Noriko is shy and retiring; Setsuko is headstrong.
(b) Both girls are shy and retiring.
(c) Noriko is headstrong; Setsuko is shy and retiring.
(d) Both girls are headstrong and stubborn.
3. What part of the house do Ono's daughters enjoy most?
(a) The long garden corridor.
(b) The reception room.
(c) The well-lighted kitchen.
(d) The veranda.
4. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It was a tragic waste.
(b) It brought shame to his employees.
(c) It was an embarrassment to the company.
(d) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
5. How does Mr. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(b) They've gone too far.
(c) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(d) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
2. What does Ono think about the return of the old floating world?
3. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
4. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
5. What does Shintaro not confide to Ono?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)