|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position is Shintaro applying for?
(a) Graphic artist.
(c) Comic book illustrator.
(d) High school teacher.
2. What does Ono advise Mrs. Kawakami to do?
(a) Hold out for a higher offer.
(b) Accept the builders' offer to buy her place.
(c) Refuse to sell her place.
(d) Stand and fight for her place.
3. What does Shintaro paint now that the war is over?
(b) Destroyed buildings.
(c) Fire engines.
(d) Anti-war slogans.
4. What is going in on both sides of Mrs. Kawakami's establishment?
(a) Office buildings.
(d) More modern bars.
5. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It is prestigious.
(b) It is visually exciting.
(c) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
(d) It suffered no damage during the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What always makes Mrs. Kawakami smile?
2. Why was Shintaro not initially called up for military service?
3. How does Shintaro embarrass Mrs. Kawakami?
4. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
5. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)