|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
(a) Why does Setsuko visit her family so often?
(b) Why hasn't the house been repaired?
(c) Why is Ichiro so ill-mannered?
(d) Why did Noriko's marriage negotiations fail?
2. Why isn't Ono able to understand Ichiro's imaginary talk?
(a) Ichiro was speaking English.
(b) Ichiro mumbled.
(c) Ichiro was speaking German.
(d) Ichiro invented his own language.
3. Why is Ono angry with Shintaro?
(a) Ono doesn't want to be used by Shintaro.
(b) Ono thinks Shintaro should take responsibility for his past actions.
(c) Ono is insulted that Shintaro didn't ask for his help.
(d) Ono thinks a teaching position is beneath Shintaro.
4. How does Noriko embarrass Ono in front of Mr. Mori?
(a) By acting as if the marriage negotiations were settled.
(b) By implying that she would never marry.
(c) By disparaging their house.
(d) By insulting her father.
5. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) She bought new games to play at home.
(b) A trip to the art museum.
(c) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
(d) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
2. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
3. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
4. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
5. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)