|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Shintaro serve in the military?
(a) Two years.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
2. Why does Ono decide to watch Metsuo during the miai?
(a) Metsuo is unusually handsome.
(b) Ono is worried that Metsuo was in love with Noriko.
(c) He wonders if Metsuo would make a good son-in-law.
(d) He thinks Metsuo does not hide his feelings.
3. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
(a) Claim that Ono had painted the posters.
(b) Verify that Shintaro had done the posters against his will.
(c) Recommend his artwork.
(d) Verify that Shintaro had created the posters.
4. What does Miyake think about the suicide of his company's president?
(a) It was a noble gesture that freed his employees from shame.
(b) It was an embarrassment to the company.
(c) It was a tragic waste.
(d) It brought shame to his employees.
5. How does Noriko's behavior appear during the first part of the miai?
(a) Boastful and rude.
(b) Lively and intelligent.
(c) Noisy and disrespectful.
(d) Quiet and shy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
2. How does Ono help Shintaro's younger brother?
3. Why does Ono believe the Miyakes withdrew their offer of marriage?
4. Who does Ono think Ichiro is pretending to be when the boy imagines himself on horseback?
5. What is taking the place of the bars of the old pleasure district?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)