|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position is Shintaro applying for?
(a) Comic book illustrator.
(b) Graphic artist.
(d) High school teacher.
2. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
(a) He wanders.
(b) He is sociable.
(c) He mopes.
(d) He tyrannizes her.
3. How many regular customers does Mrs. Kawakami have now that the war is over?
(a) Ono is the only one.
(b) The construction workers are the only ones.
(c) Ono and Shintaro are the only ones.
(d) Ono and his old group of students are the only ones.
4. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
(a) Why is Ichiro so ill-mannered?
(b) Why did Noriko's marriage negotiations fail?
(c) Why does Setsuko visit her family so often?
(d) Why hasn't the house been repaired?
5. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
(a) They are beautiful.
(b) They are ugly and too modern.
(c) They could be mistaken for bombed ruins.
(d) They are a sign of progress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the corporation offer Mrs. Kawakami?
2. What had the wandering priest warned Ono's parents about him?
3. How does Ono feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
4. How does Ono react when he learns that Mitsuo attends school where Kuroda teaches?
5. What does Shintaro want to disclaim?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)