|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wrongdoing does Ono confess at the miai?
(a) Ignoring the war effort.
(b) Trying to stop the war effort.
(c) Encouraging the war effort.
(d) Refusing to participate in the war effort.
2. How does Mr. Saito feel about the demonstrations in the streets?
(a) They've gone too far.
(b) They're an important expression of freedom of speech.
(c) The Japanese are children learning democracy.
(d) It is a great pity that people are being injured.
3. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) It would be tactless because the old days are dear to her.
(b) Ono knows she's too old to rebuild.
(c) Ono knows she doesn't wish for the old days.
(d) Ono knows she is relieved to be through with the old days.
4. What does Shintaro want Ono to do for him?
(a) Verify that Shintaro had created the posters.
(b) Verify that Shintaro had done the posters against his will.
(c) Recommend his artwork.
(d) Claim that Ono had painted the posters.
5. Which of the sisters is older?
(a) They are twins.
(b) We are not told.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of customers frequented Migi-Hidari in the old days?
2. What does Ono think about the spirit of the old floating world?
3. Who does Ichiro's father, Suichi, think makes good role models for Ichiro?
4. How does Noriko say Ono has behaved since his retirement?
5. Why was Shintaro not initially called up for military service?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)