|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ono promise to do to help Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) Loan her money.
(b) Paint advertising posters for her new bar.
(c) Visit her new bar when it's built.
(d) Bring all his friends to her bar.
2. What does Noriko say her father could not do without her?
(a) Get up for breakfast.
(b) Go to bed.
(c) Stay awake for dinner.
(d) Remember to eat.
3. How does Ichiro respond to Setsuko's requests for him to settle down?
(a) He kisses her.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He obeys her.
(d) He ignores her.
4. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By calling her a boy.
(b) By beating her at games.
(c) By making fun of her awkwardness.
(d) By calling her ugly.
5. What is the difference between Noriko's behavior at her first miai and her behavior at this one?
(a) Then she was relaxed and casual; now she is shy.
(b) Then she was heartbroken; now she is happy.
(c) Then she was shy; now she is relaxed and casual.
(d) Then she was friendly; now she is rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ono believe would make Shintaro happier?
2. Why doesn't Ono share his feelings about the old pleasure district with Mrs. Kawakami?
3. What does Shintaro not confide to Ono?
4. Why does Ichiro refuse to help Noriko put away the breakfast things?
5. How does Noriko say Ono used to treat them?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)