|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By making fun of her awkwardness.
(b) By beating her at games.
(c) By calling her ugly.
(d) By calling her a boy.
2. How do the new apartment buildings under construction look to Ono?
(a) They could be mistaken for bombed ruins.
(b) They are ugly and too modern.
(c) They are a sign of progress.
(d) They are beautiful.
3. What has Noriko planned for entertainment during Setsuko's visit?
(a) A trip to the art museum.
(b) She bought new games to play at home.
(c) A visit to the deer park without Ono.
(d) A trip to the cinema with the whole family.
4. What does Ono promise the youngest Sugimura sister?
(a) That he would build a room for her.
(b) That she could live with their family.
(c) That he would repair the war damage at the first opportunity.
(d) That she could return to the house whenever she wanted.
5. What does the corporation offer Mrs. Kawakami?
(a) To fund an expansion into the adjoining buildings.
(b) To fund remodeling of her business.
(c) To go into partnership with her.
(d) To buy her out for a generous sum.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
2. Why does Ono's father object to his becoming an artist?
3. What does Ono's father do with his paintings?
4. What question does Setsuko's husband, Suichi, persist in asking?
5. How long did Shintaro serve in the military?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)