|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Shintaro not join Ono's other pupils at their reserved table in Migi-Hidari?
(a) He was not regarded as first rank.
(b) He was too poor.
(c) There were too many of them.
(d) They were jealous of his friendship with Ono.
2. How did Noriko upset Setsuko when they were children?
(a) By calling her ugly.
(b) By calling her a boy.
(c) By beating her at games.
(d) By making fun of her awkwardness.
3. What does Ono like best about the house?
(a) It is visually exciting.
(b) It suffered no damage during the war.
(c) It is prestigious.
(d) It is conducive to relaxation and calm.
4. According to rumor, how did Sugimura assemble his garden?
(a) He grew his plants from seeds.
(b) He bought plants fully grown from others' gardens.
(c) He sent for plants from abroad.
(d) He grew his plants from sprouts.
5. How does Setsuko characterize Ichiro?
(a) He's headstrong.
(b) He's messy.
(c) He's unusually intelligent.
(d) He's precocious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kuroda explain to Ono while they sit around the table in Migi-Hidari?
2. Which room does Ono say is the most important room in the house?
3. On what basis do the Sugimura sisters select a buyer for their house?
4. Why does Ono's wife press him to find a better house?
5. Why does Noriko say that Ono is making progress?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)